Chapter 29

Stupid Love

(Chunji POV)

Its a friday. L.Joe had to go home after his father sent bodyguards over to him home. Seems like something bad had happened. Chunji sat on his bed, wearing a spectacles as he flipped through the pages of a thick book. He was so intense on reading his book he didnt hear the door knock several times.

"Bzz... bzz..." Chunji's phone vibrated on the mini shelf next to his bed. Chunji teared his eyes away from the page and took his phone.

"Yoboseyo?" Chunji looked back to the book.

"Chunji! Help me, jebal! There's this guy who has been following me. He is in the school. Im hiding behind the fountain, can you-" the line was cut off. Chunji looked up from his book.

"Yoboseyo? Yoboseyo?" Chunji repeated.

He looked at his phone. The caller id is Sulli. Why did Sulli call him? And who is the guy following Sulli? Chunji put down his book. Even though he doesnt like Sulli anymore, he hopes Sulli is still a friend to him. Chunji took out his spectacles and left it on the desk. After he took his shoe out of the cupboard, he quickly ran out of the room. On his way he called L.Joe.

"The number you've called is unavailable now. Please leave a message after the tone."

"L.Joe-ya, If you come back and im not in the dorm, ive went to find Sulli. She called me for help. I dont know what happened. As a friend, im going to find her now. I will be near the fountain. I hope you dont mind. Ppyong~" Chunji locked his phone as he reached the fountain.

"Sulli eodiyo? Sulli!" Chunji called out for Sulli but Sulli didnt respond. Chunji heard footsteps behind him. Before he can turn back, a strike blew him out.

Chunji dropped onto the ground.

(L.Joe POV)

"Neh, appa. I hope you understand that i have a girlfriend right now. Okay, he is a guy but so what? Are you homophobe?" L.Joe placed his hands on the window and looked outside.

His father dragged him back in the middle of the morning just to reprimand him about his lovelife. His father sent a private investigator to check on Chunji's background. The PI actually stalked the two whenever they go out on dates.

"Yes Im homophobe and IM your FATHER dont you talk that way to ME." L.Joe's father pointed at him.

"Abeoji, Im being very nice to you by not shouting at you. Can you not interfere with my lovelife? No matter what you do, I will not break up with Chunji. Even if it cost my life." L.Joe spat at his father.

"Lee Byunghun, i want you to break up with this rascal immediately. Im arranging you to go back to California. There's no way you are staying here and turning GAY, ruining my image infront of so many business partners." L.Joe's father hit the table so hard it sends chills down L.Joe's spine.

L.Joe left the window and walked up to his father.

"Aniyo. No matter what you say, N.O. NO." L.Joe stepped back and walked out of the door.

"Byunghun..." L.Joe's mother, who was listening to their conversation all along outside the room, hugged L.Joe tightly.

"Omma.. Dont worry about me. I will be fine." L.Joe pat his mother's back.

"I wont let you go California, Byunghun. You're staying here, I will talk to your father. I know how much this Chanhee guy means to you." L.Joe's mother ruffled his hair and kissed him on the forehead.

"Good luck to your performance on Sunday, adeul. I cant go because i have to attend this meeting with the shareholders. You know my heart is with you." L.Joe's mother smiled faintly.

"Neh, eomonni. I understand. I have to go now. I love you." L.Joe kissed his mother's cheek and walked to the chaffeur.

"Bring me back to K-Arts." L.Joe told the chaffeur. L.Joe whipped out his phone. Two voicemail. 'Maybe Chunji left them.' L.Joe smirked.

"L.Joe-ya, If you come back and im not in the dorm, ive went to find Sulli. She called me for help. I dont know what happened. As a friend, im going to find her now. I will be near the fountain. I hope you dont mind. Ppyong~"

'Sulli? What does she wants again?' L.Joe clicked the next voicemail.

"Hello, L.Joe." the voicemail ended there. It was from Chunji's phone. L.Joe dropped his phone.

"No way... Please go faster!" L.Joe hit the driver's chair.

(Sulli POV)

"Mianhae, Chunji." Sulli cupped Chunji's cheek and it with her thumb. Chunji's head was bleeding. Sulli quickly tore off a strip of cloth from her long sleeve and bandaged it over Chunji's head.

"Sulli... Why are you-" Chunji winced as Sulli tied the bandaged.

"What do you think you're doing, Sulli?" Sulli turned back. She gently placed Chunji's head on the grass before standing up.

"Do you have to hit him so hard that his head bleeds?" Sulli fumed.

"I didnt do it. Zelo did it. By the way, you didnt tell me like you this fella here. I thought only L.Joe does." Yongguk smirked.

"Whether I like him is none of your business. What i need you to do is break Chunji and L.Joe up, not really breaking Chunji's head. You know it right." Sulli crossed her arms.

"I dont know that." Yongguk shrugged his shoulders. "Zelo and the rest, drag this fella to the backyard. You know where."

"Where are you bringing him to?" Sulli stepped forward.

"You might not want to follow. Besides, this aint just about your hatred towards L.Joe. Its mine too." Yongguk put an arm infront of her.

Sulli gulped. She looked at Chunji, who was carried by Zelo and his friends, to the backyard.

"Dont hurt Chunji. Or i will never forgive you." Sulli spat.

"I dont need your forgiveness." Yongguk laughed and walked away.

"DONT HURT HIM." Sulli shouted to Yongguk. Yongguk raised two fingers in the air and waved them.

Sulli hook her hair behind her ear and walked away. She interlock her fingers together. She wasnt sure what Yongguk would do to Chunji. Maybe... telling Yongguk everything wasnt the right way to handle this.

Sulli was on her way back to the dorm when someone run towards her and grabbed her on both arms.

"Where is Chunji, Sulli? Where is he?!" L.Joe shook Sulli so hard Sulli felt as though her arms are going to fall apart.

"Stop... Shaking me..." Sulli jerked her arms away from L.Joe but L.Joe held her firmly.

"Where is Chunji, Sulli? Please..." L.Joe begged. Sulli could see tears b around L.Joe's eyes. Her heart fell, just like how it felt when L.Joe abused her and demanded to break up the next day.

"Back...Backyard..." Sulli pointed to the back. L.Joe released her and ran towards the direction. Sulli stood rooted to the ground. Her shoulders drooped.

The fact that Chunji will never like her bestowed onto her. How L.Joe love Chunji, How Chunji love L.Joe, Sulli will never feel it. Sulli covered her face and bend down to the ground. Her tears seeped through the holes in between her fingers onto the grass. The stone weighing her heart down, finally vanishes. She knew she can never be the one Chunji loves.

She let go.

(L.Joe POV)

L.Joe reached the backyard, he saw no one there. Backyard... Isnt a place Yongguk would come. Unless its the dumpside in the school. Dumpside. L.Joe went behind the backyard to the dumpside. There L.Joe caught the sight of Chunji's body on the ground, near the dump. 
"Chunji!" L.Joe ran towards Chunji, carrying him in his arms. L.Joe gently touched Chunji's bandaged head. The blood has stopped flowing out. "Does it hurt?"

"L.Joe... You're here..." Chunji said in between breaths. Chunji's eyelids fluttered.

"Shh... Dont speak a word anymore. Im here. You'll be fine. Im here." L.Joe choked back hid tears.

"Hello, L.Joe. Miss me?" Footsteps stopped behind L.Joe.

"Not at all." L.Joe said through clenched teeth.