Chapter 62

Stupid Love

Author's Note: there is a chunk of words coming up so bear with me. I need to explain deeply :) Forgive me for not updating frequently ~.~ Thank you for subscribing, upvoting and commenting! Comment more hehe^^


(Chunji POV)

Its Friday. Chunji gave up on waiting for L.Joe to appear. Cause' he never did. Rumoured said he left town, away from K-Arts. Some said Chunji drove him away; which Chunji doesn't understand. Some said L.Joe died.

"I don't get it." Chunji said finally.

"Mwo hyung?" Changjo's eyes got redder each day, puffier each day.

"Why are you guys hiding things away from me? I know you are. I just... Know." Chunji put down his fork and looked at the four.

"Hyung, I-"

"I think its time for him to know, Niel. L.Joe ain't coming back anymore."

CAP gulped down several mouthful of water.

"Hyung, what's going on?" Chunji asked.

"Let's go to your room." CAP stood up. The rest followed.

Niel closed the door behind him and all five of them stood around except Ricky who sat down on the couch.

"Tell me." Chunji leaned against the wall.

"L.Joe hyung... Is your boyfriend. He always is." Changjo started. Chunji's grew wide. As much as he suspected, he never thought of L.Joe being his boyfriend. He thought L.Joe was his lost brother or something.

"You guys met here. He was one of the gangsters in the beginning. One of the assaults that happened to you is caused by him. Just like love at first sight, he fell in love with you the first he saw you. CAP hyung was a gangster too back then. Both CAP hyung and L.Joe hyung gave up being a gangster to be with Niel hyung and you. But the most powerful gangster didn't like gays and hated CAP hyung and L.Joe hyung for betraying him so he targetted you. He sent you into coma but you didn't lose your memory. L.Joe hyung carried you to the hospital by foot, bruises and injuries everywhere but he still did. He refused to go anywhere until you wake up. Your mother hated L.Joe hyung for causing you into coma but she slowly forgave him. L.Joe hyung was by your bed every single day till you woke up. He was so happy. And before that, we, the six of us, were a group as you know. We were called Teen Top. We went through the finals of the competition, emerging as the champion thanks to L.Joe hyung for composing the song Love Fool for us. We went Hongkong together. L.Joe hyung brought you to the beach on the last day because you two always enjoy the beach view together. The two of you were such a beach person." Changjo stopped for Chunji to digest. Chunji was staring at his foot the whole time.

'Ani, Ani, Ani, Ani, Ani...' Chunji repeated in his mind.

"L.Joe hyung had a nightmare on the day of our barbeque. He woke up having to know that you two will be in an accident in Hongkong but he didn't know when. True enough, you two had a car crash when heading towards Victoria Harbour to meet us. No one told you but the police found L.Joe hugging you, shielding you from most of the shattered glass. You hit your head against the car, causing the old concussion to come back, making you lose your memory. Those memories which includes L.Joe hyung. That's why you could remember all of us except L.Joe hyung. He loves you a lot, Chunji hyung. He protected you, getting all the glass shattering down on his back. You didn't know as by then you hit your head already." Changjo is in tears now.

Chunji felt tears trickling down his cheeks as if the inner of him acknowledged to everything Changjo said. But the outer hardly believed everything.

"What about the ring?" Chunji choked on his words.

"L.Joe hyung gave you the ring the day before we left for Hongkong. Both of you have the exact same ring." Ricky said. His cheeks red and wet.

"I don't believe you guys. One thing you said it was given by Niel, the second you said it was from L.Joe. I can hardly trust any of you right now. You said we were just ex roommates. Now we're a couple. I'm losing my mind!" Chunji bent down, bursting into tears.

"Hyung..." Changjo, Niel and Ricky came over and hugged Chunji, rocking him back and forth.

"We have our reason Chunji." CAP who was silent the whole time said.

"What is the reason for lying to me then?" Chunji demanded.

"L.Joe has brain cancer."

Chunji's heart stopped for a moment.

"Yes, like typical romance story but I'm not joking. L.Joe discovered it a month ago. Only to know he has a few months to live." CAP was tearing up now.

"On one of the days of the competition, remember how L.Joe hyung went to the washroom for very long? I told you I'll go and look for him. When I went in, I saw L.Joe hyung vomitting blood. His condition got worser. He kept coughing if you realised. I didn't ask him because I respect his reason for not telling. It hurts me to know I couldn't do anything to help him."

Chunji shook his head. Changjo's words sound so true but why can't he believe it?

"When you woke up, he told us to not include him in your memory in case you forgot about him. And its true. You forgotten about him. Before you woke up, L.Joe hyung was always by your bedside. He was hospitalised too, his cancer cells spreaded due to the crash. He didn't rest at his room instead he visits you almost 24 hours until the nurses drag him back. When he was feeling much better, the doctor suggested him to return to Korea. L.Joe hyung didn't want to leave but he was prepared if he dies before you wake up, he didn't want you to be upset about him. So he left. When you woke up you didnt remember him at all. He told us not to remind you of him, so if one day he doesn't go back to school, you wouldn't worry about him and he will remain as a stranger to you. But you kept trying to meet him, asking about him. L.Joe hyung tried not to have contact with you but you always do. It hurts him to know you can't remember him but yet kept torturing him to let you remember him. He didn't want to come to Changjo's birthday party but because we missed him. We missed the good old days when the six of us are still together." Niel sniffed, trying hard not to cry.

"I-I need to see him." Chunji wiped away his tears and broke free from Ricky's hug.