Chapter 33

Stupid Love

(No One POV)

For the next few days, L.Joe stayed in the hospital with Chunji. L.Joe looked at Chunji's fresh face. The doctor had removed the bandage over his  cheek and around his head. The wound did not really leave a scar on Chunji's face, the wound cant be seen at all. L.Joe took out his notebook and striked off the lines on his notebook, marking the days to the day Chunji wakes up.

People from Chunji's class, even some who L.Joe never know, visited him in the hospital. Especially girls. L.Joe didnt mind, as long as he is inside.

"Hyung, the last rapper contestant who we never knew of is actually Yongguk." Niel broke it to him. L.Joe stopped writing for a second. Yongguk? Not surprising. He continued writing.

"Mwo? You're not surprised?"

"Not at all."

"CAP was surprised you know."

"You forgotten the hyung."

Niel blushed. L.Joe laughed and shook his head. He mentally spoke to Chunji.

"Arent you gonna wake up soon? We are supposed to be a sweeter couple than NAP." L.Joe brushed away Chunji's hair and kissed his forehead.

Chunji's eyelids fluttered a little. L.Joe stepped back. What just happened?

"Niel, did you see that?" L.Joe tugged on Niel's arm.

"See what?" Niel was startled by the sudden touch.

L.Joe stepped forward. He held Chunji's hand tightly.

"Chunji, can you hear me?" L.Joe looked for signs of awakeness.

"Hyung, what happened?" Changjo and Niel walked towards them and looked at Chunji.

"Chunji's eyelids fluttered just now." L.Joe smiled faintly, he held on to the hope Chunji is waking up.

"Hyung, Wake up!" Niel shook Chunji a little. But there was no response. L.Joe fell back onto the chair. Chunji isnt waking up, is he?

"Hyung, dont be despair. Chunji hyung is trying." Changjo patted L.Joe's shoulder. L.Joe nodded sadly. Niel and Changjo went out to get food. L.Joe rest his head on the bed as he held onto Chunji's hand tightly.

"Wake up, will you? I miss you everyday. One day without you, is like a year without rain. Seeing other couples together, how i wish you would be here, kissing my cheeks, teasing how chicken i look every single time." A tear slipped down L.Joe's cheek. "Wake up, Chanhee."

L.Joe sobbed into his arms on the bed. He cried till he fell asleep. He was restless these few days. He dreamt of Chunji waking up, the two of them walking along the beach, hand in hand, watching the sunset together. Tears rolled down uncontrollably.

Beside him, the figure started to gain consciousness. His right eye twitched a little, fingers moved slowly. Chunji forced himself to open his eyes. His eyelids fluttered, his eyes blurry from his coma. Chunji turned to his left slowly, wincing at the pain from his cheek. He saw L.Joe sleeping on his arm. Chunji shifted his hand a little, raising it up slightly above L.Joe's head. Chunji opened his mouth to speak but nothing comes out. He tried again.

"L-L.Joe..." Chunji L.Joe's cheeks.

"Chunji... I miss you..." L.Joe mumbled in his sleep. Chunji traced L.Joe's eyes and came to his lips.

"L.Joe..." Chunji used all his strength to call L.Joe.

"Wake up please..." L.Joe muttered. The door opened and Niel walked in. 

"This must probably be the best bargain ever, when Chunji hyung wakes up Im-" Niel dropped the packet of food infront of him. Niel blinked his eyes and rubbed it. He just saw Chunji moved his hand to touch L.Joe's face.

"Mwoya Niel hyung?" Changjo pushed Niel aside and looked in. He almost dropped his food. Changjo rushed to Chunji's side.

"Chunji hyung!" Changjo shouted infront of him. Chunji turned his face slowly towards Changjo.

"Changjo." Chunji smiled weakly. Changjo squealed and hugged Chunji tightly.

"Hyung!!!" Changjo jumped on his feet as he hugged Chunji. Niel grinned and went over to hug Chunji.

"Changjo... I cant breathe." Chunji pat Changjo on the back and he releases him.

"L.Joe hyung!!!" Niel shook L.Joe violently and pulled his hair as the last straw.

"Yah, what the-" L.Joe scratched his head and looked at Chunji. L.Joe squinted to look at Chunji, he rubbed his eyes several times.

"Chu-Chunji." Tears welled up at L.Joe's eyes. L.Joe reached forward to hug Chunji. Tightly.

"L.Joe... I missed you." Chunji sobbed. L.Joe nodded. He knows. He knows Chunji missed him, that's why Chunji didnt choose to give up.

"Im gonna call the doctor." Changjo ran out calling for a doctor.

Niel was in tears of joy, covering his mouth with his hand. He cant be any happier. Niel called CAP and told him the good news.

"Byungie... I-I cant... I cant leave you alone." Chunji bit his lips and snuggled into L.Joe's arms. L.Joe ruffled Chunji's hair.

"I didnt leave you a second." L.Joe whispered. Chunji smiled. L.Joe withdraw back and looked at Chunji in the eye.

"I need a therapy. A medicine for my symptons of lovefoolness." L.Joe smirked. He kissed Chunji full on the lips as he held Chunji's chin. Chunji kissed back.

"This is definitely a good news! I need to check on-" the doctor came in and stopped abruptly. L.Joe pulled back and shyly stood at the side.

"Um, I will leave first." L.Joe kissed Chunji on the forehead before leaving the room with Changjo and Ricky.

L.Joe gulped. As much as he is happy Chunji is awake, the thought of leaving the room hurts him to feel that what if Chunji fell back into coma again. L.Joe closed the door behind him as he take a last look of Chunji. Chunji smiled faintly.

"Alright we will check your to see if you're recovering well Chanhee ssi." Chunji nodded as the doctor checked his heart rate and health.

(Chunji POV)

"So make sure you apply this lotion on your cheek in the morning, afternoon and night to prevent a scar. Make sure you dont tire yourself so your heard wont hurt. Arasso?" The female doctor took over the clipboard, pointing out to Chunji.

"Neh, arasso!" Chunji salute to the doctor. The female doctor giggled and left. Chunji slipped on his coat and packed his bag.

"Bzzz." Chunji put in his old clothes which were freshly washed and take a last look in the bathroom before answering the call.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Chunnie are you done?" L.Joe's voice rang through the phone.

"Yup, eodiga? I thought you are suppose come up and fetch me?" Chunji slung the bag over his shoulder and walked out.

"Goodbye, Chunji ssi!" The nurses squealed and waved.

"Take care!"

"We will miss you!"

"Annyeong, oppa!"

Chunji laughed and waved back.

"Were you listening to me? Or are you busy flirting with the nurses?" L.Joe sounded angry.

"The latter." Chunji winked at one of the nurse making her hold on tightly to the railing.

"Lee Chanhee, how could you?!"

"I was just joking. I winked. Once only. For fun." Chunji smiled and walked pass the counter.

"So where are y-" Chunji stepped outside the hospital and stopped in his track.

"Im here, jagiya." L.Joe said through the phone even though he was just standing outside the hospital.

Chunji covered his mouth and gasped. L.Joe was leaning against a car, speaking to him. He looked just so dashing. L.Joe ended the call and walked towards Chunji.

"I miss you, Chunji-ya." L.Joe pulled in Chunji and welcomed him with a tight hug. Chunji felt warm tears rushing out, he choked them back.

"I miss you too, Byunghoney." Chunji giggled at the nickname.

"Wait." L.Joe pulled back and opened the car door. He was fiddling with something. Chunji tiptoed to look but couldnt see anything.

"Ah, okay. Chunji close your eyes." L.Joe turned his head to tell Chunji. Chunji closed his eyes as told.

"Dont peep!" Chunji could hear L.Joe walking towards him. L.Joe make him touch something. Two things to be exact. One soft and has a nose, the other smell really nice.

"What is it?" Chunji asked, touching the softer thing.

"Open your eyes, jagi." Chunji slowly opened his eyes.

"L.Joe!" Infront of him is a meerkat plushie and a stalk of rose. A stalk. Chunji hugged the meerkat to his chest.

"Do you like it? It reminds me of you. And the rose. Um, I thought one rose is enough. I never give roses to anyone before." L.Joe rubbed his neck nervously, holding the rose out to Chunji.

"It's okay. I love it." Chunji took the rose and smelled it. It sure smell really nice.

"Im glad you love it." L.Joe blushed shyly. Chunji stepped forward and hugged L.Joe.

"Thank you Byunghoney." Chunji kissed L.Joe's cheek.

"Oh gosh, let's go." L.Joe laughed and broke free. L.Joe opened the car door for Chunji.

When Chunji bend down to get in the car, L.Joe put a protective hand on his head to shield him. L.Joe sat next to Chunji and pushed open the slide in between him and the driver.

"Ahjussi, to K-Arts please."

"Aniya, L.Joe. Ahjussi, can you bring us to 77 Street? I will tell you where to stop from here." Chunji told the driver. The driver nodded and L.Joe pushed back the slide.

"Waeyo? Where are we going?" L.Joe took Chunji's hand and interlocked with his.

Chunji smiled and looked at L.Joe with dreamy eyes.

"We are going to meet my mum." Chunji grinned.

(L.Joe POV)

"Mwo? Im… Im not ready." L.Joe stared at Chunji, biting his lips.

"You’ll be fine. Its just my mum." There was sadness in Chunji’s eyes. L.Joe cupped Chunji’s face and looked deep into his eyes.

"Only your mum? Appa eodiyo?" Chunji looked away.

"He died in an accident, when we were in LA." L.Joe pulled Chunji in for a hug. He didnt know a guy like Chunji doesnt has a father, its a wonder how he learnt those punches previously.

"Mianhae, I didnt know." L.Joe pat on Chunji’s back. Chunji shook his head and sighed. There was a knock on the slide as Chunjoe pulled away. 

“Chunji ssi, where are we stopping?” The driver asked when they pulled in to 77th street.

"That house over there." Chunji pointed to a brown house.

"Chunji-ya, isnt Ricky staying with you? His parents too? You said its only your omma..." L.Joe got a little nervous.

"I forgotten... But, its alright. You’ll be fine." Chunji put a hand over L.Joe’s hand.

The two of them walked towards the door. L.Joe watched as Chunji pressed the doorbell. Chunji looked over at L.Joe who was leaning against the side, biting his lips. Chunji took L.Joe’s hand and interlocked with his. The door opened.

"Chunji!" A middle-aged looking woman came to the door.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Ricky omma." Chunji bowed slightly, L.Joe followed.

"Neh, who is this?" Before Chunji could answer, Ricky ran to the door. 

“Chunji hyung! L.Joe hyung!” Ricky grabbed the two and gave them a huge hug.

"I miss you so so so much!" Ricky pulled back and told Chunji. L.Joe smiled at Ricky’s cuteness. He may not be the youngest but he got the most childish hormones.

"Oh really? I miss you too." Chunji walked in with L.Joe.

"Chunji, your omma is not home yet. You brought your boyfriend home for dinner, didnt you?" Ricky’s mother smiled at L.Joe. L.Joe blushed and nodded shyly.

"Ah, neh. I will bring him up to my room first." Chunji gestured L.Joe to follow him.

"Can I follow?" Ricky pouted.

"Go to your room, Ricky." L.Joe brushed him away. Ricky sulked and went to his room.

Chunji opened his room and let L.Joe in. The room isnt big, it isnt small too. Chunji has purple bed sheets and curtain. The window has a place for Chunji to sit. There is a full length mirror too.

"So this is your room?" L.Joe looked at the photo frames on a desk. Chunji hurried over and blocked him.

"Dont look." Chunji shook his head.

"Wae? You got girls photos there?" L.Joe cocked his head to the side. Chunji blushed. L.Joe tickled Chunji to the bed.

"Yah! I dont have, its just…" Chunji tried kicking L.Joe aside but L.Joe was too strong.

"Just?" L.Joe stopped tickling.

"I dont want you to see my baby photos." Chunji flushed and looked to the side. L.Joe smiled and brought Chunji’s face to meet his.

"I love you for who you are. Even if you’re still a baby." L.Joe kissed Chunji’s lips. Chunji kissed back.

"L.Joe…" Chunji L.Joe’s face. Chunji leaned against the bed frame as L.Joe lied on Chunji’s thighs.

"Mm?" L.Joe closed his eyes and played with Chunji’s fingers.

"What happened that day? After I was hit on the head, my memories were fuzzy." Chunji took L.Joe’s hair and tied them into a plaid. L.Joe opened his eyes, that day L.Joe carried Chunji to the hospital, he didnt want to receive treatment until Changjo forced him to. His devastated side showed up.

"L.Joe?" Chunji brushed aside L.Joe’s hair. L.Joe sat up and leaned against the bed frame with Chunji.

"Everything was different without you. Everything. Part of me felt as though it was numb." L.Joe thumbed Chunji’s cheek. Chunji looked at him confusely.

"I mean, Yongguk." Chunji's words stung L.Joe's face.

"Oh, um... I... I dont know. I was too caught up with you." L.Joe scratched his neck and looked at his feet.

"L.Joe, dont tell me you didnt eat much, that's why you're getting skinnier each day." Chunji cupped L.Joe's face.

"I-I did... Just that I hope to eat with you instead." L.Joe smiled. Chunji snuggled into L.Joe's neck and stayed there.

"Chunjoe hyung! Omma is back!" Ricky shouted as he opened the door.

"Mianhae! I wont disturb you two anymore!" Ricky apologised and quickly ran down the stairs.

"That boy..." L.Joe laughed. The two got up the bed and walked down the staircase.

"Omma!" Chunji rushed down to his mother, sitting at the couch. L.Joe shoved his hand into his pockets and walked up to them.

"Omma, I brought home L.Joe." Chunji grabbed L.Joe's hand and pulled him to his mother. Chunji's mother looked at L.Joe, those eyes were the same eyes he saw back that night.

"L.Joe, the guy..." Chunji's mother stood up. "Who carried my son all the way to the hospital that night."

Chunji turned to look at L.Joe. L.Joe carried him? L.Joe looked down at his feet. Suddenly he felt embraced by someone.

"Thank you for saving my son, L.Joe." Chunji's mother hugged L.Joe. L.Joe hugged back.

-----

"So L.Joe ssi, you're the same class as our Chunji and Ricky?" Ricky's mother asked as they ate at the dining table.

"Neh, we're good friends." L.Joe smiled.

"I heard, you're dating our Chunji?" Ricky's father blurted. L.Joe munched on his meat slowly. He wasnt ready for this.

"Neh, Ricky appa. We're together." Chunji placed a hand on top of L.Joe's hand, squeezing it gently. L.Joe smiled.

"Appa, Omma, Chunji omma, usually L.Joe hyung isnt that shy. He hits people." Ricky grinned. The three adults gasped.

"Aniyo! Ricky!" L.Joe kicked Ricky underneathe the table.

"See! But after Chunji cast some spell on him, we no longer get hits from L.Joe hyung." Ricky giggled. Chunji blushed and played around with his food.

"Aww... Young love." Chunji's mother shook her head.

-----

Ricky's mother brought a plate of fruits to the living room and placed it on the table.

"And we're part of a boy group, Teen Top! You have to come and watch our performance someday!" Ricky told his parents and Chunji's mother.

"Neh, we will. So L.Joe ssi, there must be a reason why you're here right?" Ricky's father sat up straight and clasped his hands together. L.Joe gulped and nodded. 

"Neh, Im here to seek for permission. Um i mean, blessings?" L.Joe breathed heavily.

"How I met Chunji was a really weird encounter but, he changed me." L.Joe turned to face Chunji. "And I want to spend my life with him. Take my words, I will never hurt Chunji."

"Chunji, is like one of our son. As long as you treat him well, we're happy for the two of you." Ricky's mother smiled as Ricky's father squeezed her shoulder.

"As long as you dont hurt Chunji, he's yours." Chunji's mother placed L.Joe's hand over Chunji's.

L.Joe intertwined his fingers with Chunji's. He looked up and his eyes met with Chunji's eyes. Chunji smiled shyly as L.Joe planted a kiss on his forehead.

"Heard that? You're mine." L.Joe placed his forehead against Chunji's forehead. Chunji nodded.