Chapter 67

Stupid Love

(Chunji POV)

Chunji pushed himself away from the table and stood up.

"Lee Chanhee ssi? May I ask what are you doing?" the teacher stopped writing on the board and turned around.

"Mianhae, seongsaengnim. I need to go to the nurse's room immediately." Chunji barely looked at the teacher as he walked out of the classroom.

Its his first time leaving class without valid reason. He has always been a good student, but now isn't the time. Chunji has no idea where to go, he just walked. Walked out of the school. Chunji leaned against a lamp post as he texted Niel to not worry as he had seen the look on Niel's face when he walked out of the class

"To: Niellie
From: Chunji hyung

Don't worry, I'm fine. I just need some space. I wasn't feeling well but I'm okay now. I will return probably in the evening."

Chunji shut his phone down and slot it in his pocket. He inhaled deeply, trying to ease the tightness in between his chest. Its making him difficult to breathe. Chunji smacked his chest hardly, hoping the pain would go away. He wasn't far from the school, he could go back and seek help but he doesn't want to. Going back to school, means going back to class and that's not happening.

Chunji went in a convenience store and bought two bottles of ice water. Chunji downed the first bottle of water, drinking more than half at one go.

"Better..." Chunji start to breathe normally again.

The tightness in his chest happened once he left L.Joe's house that day. The tightness never left Chunji, like there's an empty hole in between his chest, no heart to beat. Chunji walked to the beach near L.Joe's house.

Chunji climbed over the metal railing and landed on the sand. He strolled towards a spot and sat down. Breathing in the cold salty air of the beach in the morning, Chunji felt so much better. Chunji finished the first bottle of water and he put it by his side. Hugging his knees to his chest, Chunji put his chin on his knee, looking out to sea.

"Where's your boyfriend, young man?" an old man wobbled unsteadily towards Chunji and sat down next to him.

"Mwo?" Chunji relaxed his shoulders, pushing them back slightly behind his back.

"Your boyfriend. The two of you came together last year remember?" the old man reminded Chunji.

Chunji thought for a moment. Boyfriend? Its been long since Chunji heard this word. The old man can't be meaning L.Joe is he?

"You mean L.Joe?" Chunji felt his heart clenched at L.Joe's name.

"I dont know his name, but he is a good guy. Did you receive my painting?" the old man gave Chunji a toothless grin.

So the painting was painted by this old man! Chunji nodded, on the verge of tearing up.

"Good. I knew he would give you. Just like how I gave my wife." the old man stared out to the sea.

The old man starts to hum a familiar tune. He tapped his finger on his knee, humming the tune along. Chunji closed his eyes, trying to remember where he had heard the tune. Its the song he heard when he was in the hospital. The piece L.Joe composed for him.

Impossible. How did this old man know the song? Was he at the hospital? Is he some kind of a stalker? Chunji shifted uncomfortably on the sand.

"Your boyfriend plays nice music on the piano." the old man must have noticed Chunji's uncomfortable position.

"He visited me two days ago. Playing this piece on my old piano at home. He said this piece is composed for you. I felt the connection between my wife and me through this song. Just like the two of you." a smile crept up the old man's face. His eyes were gazing out, seemingly lost.

"You-You've met L.Joe? Two days ago?" Chunji stuttered. L.Joe is alive! And he's back!

"Sure its him. Unless I was hallucinating that day. Hallucinating about your guy? No way." the old man joked. He stood up and staggered away.

"Wait!" Chunji quickly stood up and wanted to chase after the old man when he realised its no use. L.Joe might not want to see him.

"L.Joe!" Chunji shouted to the sea. "Where are you! I miss you a lot!"

'I really do.' Chunji bent down, silently praying L.Joe will be back.