Chapter 63

Stupid Love

(Chunji POV)

Chunji staggered out of the room out of the school. Chunji guess he knew where is L.Joe. He should know. There's still connection between them. He walked to the beach. L.Joe wasn't in school for the past five days. He didn't know where to find L.Joe, he can't remember where is L.Joe's house but he does remember the beach.

Chunji walked on the sand, turning around to find L.Joe.

'Where are you? Where are you? Please be alive. Jebal. Where are you?' Chunji chanted in his mind.

He dropped to his feet, feeling heavy on his shoulder.

"L.Joe!" Chunji shouted. His tears streaming uncontrollably down, dripping onto the sand.

"L.Joe..." Chunji said L.Joe's name as if it was foreign to him. Part of Chunji still doesn't believe what Changjo, Niel, Ricky and CAP told him. He needs to hear from L.Joe.

He turned around, his eyes falling on a figure down by the rocky area. There's still hope in Chunji that the figure is L.Joe. Chunji picked up his feet and ran towards the rocky area.

L.Joe. It is L.Joe. L.Joe's hair flew up as the wind blow. His legs up to his chest as if he was waiting for Chunji to come. L.Joe tilted his head slightly. Chunji could see L.Joe lost a lot of weight. Chunji sat down next to L.Joe.

"You didn't go to school today."

"I guess they told you."

Chunji and L.Joe said together.

"Yes, they did." Chunji looked down at the sea.

"I didn't go to school today." L.Joe repeated.

"Why didn't you?" Chunji asked.

"I don't belong there anymore. Just like how I don't belong in your heart."

"I-"

"You still can't believe what Changjo told you because you think they're still lying to you."

"Yes..."

Chunji admitted.

"If I tell you, I have a girlfriend who looks exactly like you. Will you believe me?"

L.Joe looked at Chunji. Chunji blinked hard, trying to remember L.Joe's face from the past.

"If I tell you, his name is Lee Chanhee also known as Chunji will you believe me?" L.Joe's hand cupped Chunji's cheek, wiping away the lost tear on his cheek with his thumb.

"If I tell you, I'm gonna kiss him right now will you believe me?" L.Joe's eyes were b with tears right now.

Chunji didn't answer. His eyes fluttered as L.Joe leaned in.

L.Joe pulled Chunji closer and kissed him. Chunji kissed back. Chunji didn't know what was he thinking but he felt that he missed L.Joe. He misses L.Joe more than the Sun misses the sky at night. He felt L.Joe's hand on his back, up and down as if Chunji might break away. Chunji didn't. He put his hand behind L.Joe's neck, kissing him deeper.

L.Joe broke off.

"Mianhae..." L.Joe apologised.

"What for?"

"I shouldn't be doing this to you. How would I know you fully remembered? Even so I don't want you to remember. But I can't... I can't lose you again..." L.Joe put his hand on his head.

"L.Joe... Aniya...This means us, right?" Chunji pulled out the ring from his collar.

"Chunji + L.Joe = Chunjoe isn't it?" Chunji asked. L.Joe pulled out his, staring at the inscriptions. He nodded.

"Why must you lie to me? I will stay with you even if you have only months to live. I want to be there with you." Chunji felt as though he is lying to L.Joe. What he said sounds so...wrong.

L.Joe didn't speak and Chunji knows why. Chunji hasn't trust L.Joe completely. He's lying to L.Joe. L.Joe leaned on Chunji's shoulder, he took Chunji's hand and interlocked with his. Chunji felt a tinge of pain running through his body.

"I know you still can't remember Chunji. You're doing this to make me happy right? Gumawo, Chunji. I'm glad you're here." L.Joe's words pierced into Chunji's heart.

"When you're ready to know everything, you will know where to find me Chunji."

The Sun starts to set infront of them. Chunji felt so guilty for not being able to remember and lying to L.Joe instead. Chunji really wants to remember but his mind doesn't cooperate with him. Chunji felt L.Joe's breathing slowly decreasing speed.

"I love you, Channieboo." L.Joe whispered.

Chunji couldn't answer. They have nicknames? They do?

"I love you, L.Joe."

Chunji gulped, it was wrong. He knows.

Chunji squeezed L.Joe's hand.

"I have to go, L.Joe." Chunji slipped his hand off L.Joe's. L.Joe let him go.

"Mianhae, L.Joe."

Chunji whispered. L.Joe nodded his head. Chunji walked away. He turned back, making sure L.Joe is still there. Is this really the end? With him walking away because he really doesnt want to remember. Try to remember. Chunji blinked his eyes, trying hard to accept the truth that L.Joe might leave him one day and Chunji will be all alone. Would it be better if Chunji not reconcile with L.Joe, so he wont feel that bad? OR should he just be with L.Joe, let L.Joe go peacefully one day if that day ever comes.

Chunji left.