Chapter 60

Stupid Love

(Changjo POV)

It's Changjo's birthday today. They're having a party tonight. Changjo rolled over his bed and sat up. Ricky is still asleep. Changjo stretched and rubbed his eyes.

There's a present at the edge of his bed. He wondered who left it there.

"Changjo Maknae:

Saengilchukhaeyo! You're finally legal. Mianhae, I won't be able to come to the party. I hope to come, but I can't and I won't. I asked Ricky for the key last night to leave you the present. I hope you like it. I miss you guys a lot, but this is for your own good. I hope you understand, maknae. You understands me the most now. Stay happy (:

L.Joe hyung."

Changjo felt tears on his cheeks. He opened up the present and realised its a pair of shoes. There's another note inside.

"For the Dancing Prodigy of the school, you need comfy shoes ㅎㅎ"

Changjo took the shoes out and admired it. Its a nice pair, and indeed comfy.

"Gumawo, hyung."

Changjo put back the shoes and placed the box in his wardrobe. Changjo went to the kitchen and drank a glass of water.

"Saengilchukha, Changjo-ya." Ricky wrapped his arms around Changjo's waist from the back.

Changjo smiled and put his arms around Ricky's arms. Ricky giggled and snuggled into Changjo's back. Changjo turned and kissed Ricky.

"Gumawo, Ricky." Changjo pinched Ricky's cheek.

"Let's go for breakfast." Ricky grinned.

-----

"Yah, Maknae! Saengilchukhaeyo!" Niel hugged Changjo tightly.

"Saengilchukhae." CAP wrapped his arms around Changjo and Niel.

"Gu-ma-wo, hyung. I-can't-breathe." Changjo said.

CAP let go and chuckled.

"Where's Chunji hyung?" Changjo looked around.

There's not many people at the rooftop cafe. But Chunji is definitely not there.

"Probably still sleeping." Ricky checked the time, its only 7 in the Saturday morning.

"Aniya, I'm here!" Chunji jogged up the stairs, holding a box.

"Changjo Maknae! Saengilchukhaeyo!" Chunji ruffled Changjo's hair and passed him the box.

"Can I open it?" Changjo asked, eager to know what's inside. Chunji nodded.

Changjo opened the box and its a pair of shoes. The exact same one as what L.Joe gave him, just in a different colour. Changjo can't help but gasp.

"Waeyo?" Chunji asked, peering inside the box, hoping there isnt any problem.

"Ani, hyung. Gumawo, this is really nice." Changjo spoke his mind. Its really nice, to know that his two distant hyungs actually still have connection. Two pairs of the same shoes? It doesn't matter.

"Glad that you like it, Maknae." Chunji punched Changjo's arm.

"Palli! Let's eat!" Ricky rubbed his tummy.

"Neh, let's eat." CAP pulled out a chair and slumped down.

-----

Niel and CAP gave him a coat so he could wear it during dance practice. Ricky gave Changjo a couple hoodie so they could wear out together. Changjo's a bear hoodie.

"Cuz like a bear, you give me bear hugs." Ricky giggled.

Changjo squeezed Ricky into a hug. Chunji and Niel are busy in the kitchen, whipping dishes for dinner.

"Changjo, is..." Ricky whispered. "L.Joe hyung coming?"

Changjo shook his head.

"Waeyo! Where is he sleeping now? I'll go and find him." Ricky stomped his feet.

"Ricky-ya. Its alright." Changjo shook his head again. But Ricky ran out already.

(L.Joe POV)

L.Joe sat infront of the television, dunking soju down his throat. Although soju wasn't allowed in the dorm, he didn't care much.

There was a loud knock on the door, he thought the door might fall apart.

"YAH LEE BYUNG HUN!"

L.Joe jumped up, the soju spraying everywhere.

"Ah jinja!" L.Joe wiped the couch. He put down the soju and went to the door. Once he opened it, Ricky came pouncing on him.

"PABO PABO PABO PABO!" Ricky hit L.Joe's head.

"Yah! What are you doing?" L.Joe pushed Ricky away from him.

"Why aren't you coming to Changjo's birthday party? Why are you avoiding Chunji hyung? Why are you such a coward? Why are you so stupid!" Ricky burst into tears.

"Ricky..." L.Joe hugged Ricky. "I have to do this, Mianhae."

"Are you-" Ricky broke free and took a soju can.

"Yah! Hyung!" Ricky shook the soju bottle. L.Joe scratched his head and looked away.

"Jebal, don't do this." Ricky scooped the soju cans and threw them away.

"Mianhae, Ricky." L.Joe sighed.

"Why are you hiding here in Niel hyung's room? Why don't you go back? Why don't you come..." Ricky tugged on L.Joe's shirt.

"Okay." L.Joe gave in. He wiped away Ricky's tears with his sleeve.

"Okay what?"

"I'll go. To Changjo's party."

-----

"Hyung! We have company!" Ricky danced into the room.

Changjo looked up. L.Joe is right behind him.

"Mianhae, Saengilchukha!" L.Joe hugged Changjo.

"I thought-"

"I'm here."

Changjo nodded.

"Who's here?"

Chunji came out holding a plate of seafood. L.Joe looked at him, almost biting his lips to pieces.

"Its time to eat." Chunji actually ignored him and settled the plate on the table.

L.Joe took the seat in between Niel and Changjo. Luckily, Chunji sat next to Niel.

"To Changjo, our dearest Maknae. Kombae!" CAP raised his glass of orange juice.

L.Joe raised his and clanked it against the rest. The sg oju was still in his mouth but the orange juice engulfed them all.

"Changjo-ya, what are you gonna do once you're legal?" Niel asked, chewing on the meatball.

L.Joe took the meatball and chewed it. He missed Chunji's cooking. Most of all, he missed the good old days.

"Kiss Ricky full on the lips." Changjo grabbed Ricky and kissed him, indeed full on the lips.

CAP roared with laughter. L.Joe joined. He missed these guys, those laughter.

"Ew... Dont make me choke on the meatball please." Niel faked cough.

"I'm so happy that all of you are here." Changjo smiled towards L.Joe. L.Joe nodded.

"Chunji hyung, the food you cooked is really delicious." Ricky grinned, eating the fried fish.

L.Joe smiled, waiting for Chunji's response. And then he realised Chunji never did speak for the whole conversation they were having. L.Joe looked up at Chunji. Chunji was eating in silence, head pointed downwards the whole time.

"Chunji hyung, are you okay?" Niel squeezed Chunji's shoulder.

Chunji nodded, almost sleepily.

"I'm tired. Mianhae, Changjo. I'll come back when you cut the cake." Chunji put a hand to his head and stood up.

L.Joe wants to follow him so badly, but he can't.

"Changjo..." L.Joe put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm alright." Changjo smiled faintly, carrying on eating.

After eating, they sat infront of the television, watching a Korean drama on a girl who is hidden away from her family and how it turns out to be a guy's sister but they fell in love with each other.

"This ." CAP crunched his can of soda and threw it towards the television.

"Hyung, you're cleaning up." Changjo pointed to the cans thrown infront.

"Whatever." CAP took off his cap and covered his face, dozing off.

"Should we go get Chunji hyung? We should probably cut the cake now." Ricky asked.

"I'll go." L.Joe stood up.

"Hyung, dont force yourself."

"I'm fine Changjo. I have to let him know there's nothing going on between the two of us." L.Joe went out and head towards Chunji's room.

He held out his hand to turn the knob but surprisingly it wasn't locked. L.Joe walked in and saw Chunji on the couch.

"Chunji. We're cutting Changjo's cake now. Are you coming?" L.Joe nudged Chunji's shoulder.

Chunji moaned and tilted his head to the right. L.Joe touched Chunji's head, realising its burning hot.

"Don't touch me." Chunji pushed away L.Joe's hand and sat up.

L.Joe stepped back. Chunji went to the kitchen and searched for fever pills. L.Joe heard a clank and he rushed to the kitchen. Chunji had dropped the medicine glass bottle onto the floor.

"I'll help you." L.Joe bent down to pick up the shattered glass.

"Stop." Chunji pushed away L.Joe's hand, accidentally cutting L.Joe's hand.

"Mianhae! Mianhae..." Chunji apologised, quickly getting the first-aid box.

"I'm fine." L.Joe pushed Chunji away. Despite the prickly pain from his hand, he insist on picking up the shattered glasses.

"Your hand..." Chunji took out a bandage and grabbed L.Joe's wrist. L.Joe bit his lips as Chunji helped him bandaged the other side of his palm.

"Let's go now." L.Joe pulled Chunji up and walked away, leaving Chunji slowly walking.

-----

"Hana, dul, set. Saengilchukhahamnida, Saengilchukhahamnida, Saengilchukhahamnida Changjo-ya, Saengilchukha hamnid!"

The six of them whistled and applaudded.

"Changjo make your wish." Ricky rushed Changjo.

Changjo closed his eyes and wished. He opened his eyes after a while and blew the candles out with the others.

"Saengilchukhaeyo!!" Niel dumped a whole box of confetti over Changjo's head.

"Yah! The cake!" Ricky took the cake and quickly went in the kitchen to cut it.

"You've grown, Maknae." L.Joe headlocked Changjo and ruffled his hair.

"Hyung!" Changjo chuckled.

"Chunji hyung, help me cut the cake please." Ricky shouted from the kitchen.

"Andwae! Wait!" Niel rushed into the kitchen.

"Hyung, gumawo." Changjo punched L.Joe's arm. L.Joe nodded.