Chapter 41

Stupid Love

(No One POV)

L.Joe stood infront of Chunji, helping him adjust his sweater. Chunji helped L.Joe adjust his coat as well. The six were in the danceroom getting ready for their finals. Changjo tried on sweaters again and again for comfortable dancing. CAP was choosing a cap, like always, for his outfit. Niel touched up on his hair with Ricky.

"Are we going for country feel?" Changjo asked, throwing his sweaters on the floor.

"Yeah, and Changjo clear the mess later." Niel pointed to the heap of sweaters on the floor.

"Okay, your sweater is neat." L.Joe folded the collar of the inner shirt and smiled.

"L.Joe, your specs." Chunji took the round spectacles and put it on for L.Joe.

"Ricky, just comb your hair straight. You look nice." Niel combed Ricky's hair and gelled it a little at the back.

"Gumawo, hyung." Ricky looked at himself through the mirror.

"Is this cap okay?" CAP turned around with a black cap.

"Neh, it fits your sweater." L.Joe nodded.

Bzz... Chunji's phone vibrated.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Chunji oppa, Sulli here. You've gotto be at the backstage now. After Ailee, is your performance."

"Neh, arasso. We will be on our way. Gumapta." Chunji hung up and turned to s.

"We gotto to go now."

-----

"Well well well, good evening K-Arts! Tonight is the finals. The top 3 will perform their original songs self composed by themselves with the help of teachers. First up, we have Ailee. Followed by Teen Top and F(x). So sit back and relax. Let's put our hands together and welcome Ailee!"

Ailee took her microphone and stepped on stage. She performed 'U & I' with help from her friends as dancers. She managed to sing and dance well, the audience cheered.

"Next, we have all time favourite Teen Top!"

The six did a cheer before going on stage. L.Joe sat on the bean bag at the middle of the stage. He gulped, he had never been in the centre. Since he composed the song, the five decided to let L.Joe be the centre. Changjo and Niel sat at the side, Ricky stood beside him, Chunji sitting behind a table with CAP next to him. L.Joe felt even tense without Chunji by his side. Chunji gave him a quick kiss before rushing to stage earlier on. The song started and L.Joe inhaled and exhaled deeply.

"Cham motnada naega nareul bwado Naega naega nareul bwado Naega nareul bwado naega naega nareul bwado Cham motnasseo naega nareul bwado naega naega nareul bwado Naega nareul bwado naega naega nareul bwado." L.Joe sang, acting a little bad boy on stage.

The six started dancing the choreography Changjo taught them. Pulling their shirt to the left and right. CAP rapped his lines with so much swag. Niel sang the chorus and it was Chunji's turn.

"Joheun sarameul nochigo ijewa huhoeman hago inne" Chunji caught eye contact with L.Joe and blushed as he moved to the side.

Changjo rapped his lines and passed on to Niel. Niel sang and Ricky did the 'ohmygod' action making girls squeal.

"Cham motnada" L.Joe fell back on the bean bag. He almost fell backwards but he caught himself and stablised.

"Give it up for Teen Top!"

The audience stood up and applaused. It was clear who was the winner but the six of them kept their grin and plaster on a bright smile.

"Just look at that, we got a standing ovation. Wow, daebak!" Ricky jumped around.

"Dont be too happy yet, fx might be very good too." Niel wagged his fingers.

"Sulli, Good luck!" Chunji called Sulli and gave her a hug.

"Gumawo, oppa. You were awesome." Sulli smiled and quickly got on stage.

Chunji turned to see glare from L.Joe and eyebrows raising from the rest.

"Mwo? We're just friends." Chunji put out his hands to defend himself.

F(x) sang their self composed song Rum Pum Pum about first love. L.Joe made sure Chunji dont hear it by covering his ears but Chunji kept nudging L.Joe away.

"Yah! Dont listen! Or i will *cough cough*" L.Joe started a coughing spree and he quickly excused himself.

"Is he okay, Chunji?" CAP asked. Chunji shrugged. He wanted to go to check on L.Joe but Changjo went instead since he needs to go to the washroom too.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Changjo stepped in and saw L.Joe at the sink, wiping his mouth.

"Hyung, is that..." Changjo stared wide-eyed.

"Im fine, Changjo. Let's go." L.Joe threw the tissue away and dragged Changjo out.

"Byung, are you okay?" Chunji ran to L.Joe as soon as he stepped in the backstage. L.Joe shook his head and put his arm around Chunji's shoulder.

Changjo went back to Ricky. His mind was scarred forever. L.Joe vomitted. Oh well, Changjo tried to erase the memory but he sees it everywhere. Changjo shivered and gulped down water.

"Changjo, you okay?" Ricky touched Changjo's arms, looking at him.

"Oh, Im fine." Changjo forced a smile. L.Joe might not want him to blurt about that.

"Maknae, we're going up now." L.Joe called Changjo and Ricky. Changjo nodded, holding Ricky's hand as they walked to the stage.

"Once again, welcome to K-Arts annual talent competition. As you can see, today's finals competitors are very strong. No one knows who will win. May we now invite the final 3!" The emcee backed off and three teams stood forward.

"I cant help it but I gotta feeling we're winning this competition." CAP sniggered and nudged Niel repeatedly.

"Oh well, I think so too." Niel grinned, saying through his clenched teeth.

"The spotlight will shine on the three teams. Someone's light will be turned off when they are eliminated. The remaining light, is the winner."

It sounds so scary, lights will be turned off, it sounds as though when you die, the lights inside you will be turned off. Ricky shivered and held Changjo's hand tighter. The six of them held hands with each other, silently praying they are going to win. The lights blinked at theirs, and again, off, on and off, and finally on. Chunji closed his eyes, he can feel the lights flickering.

"Congratulations, Fx you're third place!" Chunji opened and realise Fx's light has been turned off. Chunji smiled at Sulli and Sulli smiled back. Sulli knew who was the clear winner.

The lights flickered again, this time more intense as the lights stayed off and again after some time. Niel sneaked a peek at Ailee, Ailee was closing her eyes, looking down on her clasped hands. Niel gripped CAP's hand tighter, he can feel his veins threatening to squeez out.

"And the winner is..." the drummer drumrolled and hit the cymbals.

"Teen Top, Teen Top, Teen Top!" The audience chanted.

"Teen Top!" The emcee announced as Ailee's lights turned off. Ailee put her hand to and tears came out.

"Ailee..." Niel broke free from CAP and went to Ailee. Niel didnt know what to do but to put an arm around her. But Ailee wasnt crying, she was smiling.

"I knew you would win. Im just too happy." Ailee smiled, wiping her tears of joy. Niel heaved a sigh of relief and laughed.

"Congrats." Ailee hugged Niel. Niel thanked her and quickly went over to s.

"Here is your trophy!" Andy walked up to the stage and shook hands with all six of them. CAP, as the leader, took the trophy. Changjo took it from CAP and raised it high, earning cheers from the audience.

"Wait wait." CAP suddenly stood behind L.Joe, told Changjo to give the trophy to L.Joe, the five of them surrounded L.Joe.

"Wae wae wae?" L.Joe blinked his eyes. He felt hands on his legs and for a minute, he was thrown to the air.

"All hail L.Joe who composed this song! L.Joe! L.Joe!" Each time, the five of them threw L.Joe and the trophy to the air.

"Yah! Put me down, this is not funny!" L.Joe laughed and they finally stopped throwing him to the air.

"Byunghoney..." Chunji kissed L.Joe's cheek and quickly went behind Changjo. L.Joe smiled and passed the trophy to Ricky before going to Chunji.

"Changjo-ya! We won!" Ricky grinned and showed the trophy to Changjo. Changjo nodded, yes they did.

"Channie." L.Joe took Chunji's hand and pulled him closer, wrapping his arms around Chunji's waist.

"Byungie." Chunji wrapped his arms around L.Joe and placed his forehead on his.

The two were silence for a while, breath hitting each other's lips when finally L.Joe took the initiative and kissed Chunji. Gasp were heard, cheering were heard, most of all, swooning were heard.

"If you excuse me, we still have tickets to get." Niel come in between them and grinned.

"Yah! Do you have to?" L.Joe started chasing Niel around the stage.

"Chunji." Chunji turned to face Sulli. Sulli tucked a falling hair behind her ear and leaned forward to hug Chunji.

"Congrats, Chunji oppa!" Chunji smiled and hugged back. He peeped at L.Joe who stopped chasing L.Joe and was glaring at him. Chunji was about to let go when L.Joe smiled and nodded.

"Gumawo, Sulli. You did great." Chunji told Sulli. Sulli pulled back and nodded, she excused herself and went to her parents.

Chunji shoved his hands into his pocket and walked over to L.Joe.

L.Joe put his arm around Chunji's shoulder and the two went to take a group photo.

"Hana, dul, set!" Sulli clicked on the shutter and took a group shot of the six of them. Sulli handed the camera back to Changjo.

"Once again, congratulations Teen Top!" The emcee cheered and the audience stood up, applausing.

It was not long when the audience walked out of the hall into the corridor. Some stayed behind to take pictures or just simply to sit on the comfy seat.

"Byunghun." A low voice called out. L.Joe turned right and saw his parents walked up the stage. A few other parents walked up behind.

"Abeoji, omma, what are the two of you doing here?" L.Joe cocked his head to the side, looking from his parents to Chunji's mother, back and fro. Have they met?

"Minsoo's omma told us today is your finals, we guess we could come together. So minsoo's parents met with us and Niel's parents" L.Joe's mother explained.

"Since I know Chunji's omma and Changjo's parents, we came together. And surprisingly, we were all seated together in a row and when you came on stage, we were cheering for you. So now we know each other." Ricky's mother continued.

The six guys' faces turned red instantly and quickly make sure their mothers say no more words. L.Joe's father pulled him aside and the two talked in silence.

"Abeoji, what is it?" L.Joe turned to look at Chunji who is talking to L.Joe's mother.

"Byunghun, look at me." L.Joe's father hit him on the arm lightly. L.Joe snapped his head back.

"I know how much we fought because of Chunji. The fact that he saved my son's life make me reconsider everything. I, decided to let you to be together. I talked to his mother just now, he is a nice guy my son should be with." L.Joe's father put a hand on L.Joe's shoulder and pat it.

"Mwo appa? Im... Im very happy you let the two of us be together but the reason is plainly because he saved my life?" L.Joe gulped.

"Ani, Byunghun. Its from the bottom of my heart i allow the two of you to be together." L.Joe's father bend down and hugged L.Joe. L.Joe sniffed and let his tears fall.

"Alright, dont cry at such a happy occasion." L.Joe's father wiped away the tears and L.Joe smiled.

"L.Joe! Come over here!" L.Joe's mother called out to him. L.Joe's father and him walked over.

"As i was saying, im inviting you all to come over to my house and have a barbecue before our dear sons fly to Hongkong." L.Joe's mother broke the plan.

"Mm, I like it Inna. We can continue our talking about fashion too." Changjo's mother said.

"Ah, that's so sweet of you, Inna." Chunji's mother smiled.

"Well, my mum wants the face you know." L.Joe told Chunji. Chunji giggled and hit L.Joe playfully.

"So I will see you on Tuesday? I have to go home and watch my drama now." L.Joe's mother laughed and hit her husband.

"Sure sure, see you on Tuesday." Ricky's mother waved goodbye.

L.Joe was dragged by his mother and was own the way out of the hall when he ran back to Chunji on the stage and pulled him closer.

"I almost forgot. Since I wont be seeing you for a day." L.Joe kissed Chunji full on the lips, placing his hand on Chunji's waist.

"Young love these days." L.Joe's mother shook her head, telling Chunji's mother.

"That was us last time." Chunji's mother smiled as she look at her son.

"So i will see you on Tuesday then." Chunji placed his forehead against L.Joe's and whispered.

"See ya." L.Joe smiled and peck on Chunji's lips before skipping away.

"Hyung, that was a nice kiss." Ricky grinned cheekily.

"You're underage go away." Chunji ruffled Ricky's hair.

"He's not underage as long as he is with Changjo." CAP sniggered and wagged his finger at Changjo.

"Mwo!?" Changjo put his hands on his head and shook his head.

The five of them laughed and hit Changjo for taking away Ricky's first kiss. Ricky shyly blushed and swayed one side to another.