Chapter 43

Stupid Love

(L.Joe POV)

L.Joe woke up with a nightmare, his forehead was dripping wet with sweat. L.Joe ran his hand across his wet hair and closed his eyes. He breathed heavily, the scenes running through his mind. L.Joe pushed himself up and went to the bathroom. He washed his face several times. Water dripping down his chin, L.Joe breathed against the mirror. He used the towel to wipe his face before stepping out.

"Byunghun, are you awake?" L.Joe's mother's voice travelled up to his room.

"Neh, omma. Im coming down." L.Joe shouted. He washed his face another time before going out.

(No One POV)

"Hyung! Go get the tray of food!" Ricky shouted, running around the house finding Chunji.

"Im at the garage, Ricky!" Chunji poured the pail of water onto Ricky's father's car. He scrubbed the windscreen and washed it all over again.

"Why are you washing the car? Eomonni told you to pack the food first." Ricky sulked, all the adults had went downtown to get food.

"Abeoji told me to wash this car for him while he go downtown with his other car to buy some seafood." Chunji ignored Ricky's pouting face. Both of them know packing the food is hard for Ricky since Ricky might end up eating all the food.

"Palli, go pack the food Ricky." Chunji poured another pail of water, washing off the soap.

Ricky ran back to the kitchen. He stared at the fresh, hot food that Chunji's mother had cooked. Hot steaming beef rib soup, fresh kimchi, marinated pork though he cant eat it on the spot. Ricky took a plastic bowl and slowly poured the soup in.

Ding Dong... The doorbell rang. Ricky ignored it, thinking it must be Chunji who forgotten his keys and locked himself out cause' he dont know how to access through the back door. Ricky smiled to himself thinking how stupid his hyung is.

"Ricky?" Changjo peeped his head into the hall, before stepping in.

Ricky put down the laddle. He looked out and saw Changjo standing awkwardly at the hall.

"CHANGJO!" Ricky jumped and put his arms around Changjo. Changjo chuckled and kissed Ricky's head.

The door opened behind Changjo, hitting his head.

"Yah!" Chunji scowled. His whole body was wet from water and soap, only to be stopped by ChangRick by the door.

"Hyung! That hurts." Changjo rubbed the back of his head.

"Mianhae, you two shouldnt kiss behind the door." Chunji sniggered and went up to his room.

Chunji took off his wet shirt and threw it into the laundry basket. Stripping off his pants, Chunji showered for long. He ran his fingers through his hair, and let the water drip down his face.

"Hyung! We're leaving at 2 which is 30min from now!" Ricky shouted across the room.

Chunji turned off the tap and took his towel, wiping his body. Chunji grabbed a casual outfit and slipped it on.

Bzz.

To: Channieboo♡
From: Pabobyung♥

C ya later @ my house. ㅎㅎㅎ I love you♥

Chunji smiled and kept his phone in his pocket.

"Hyung!" Ricky barged into Chunji's room, just in time to knock down Chunji who happened to open the door at the same time.

"Yah Yoo Changhyun!" Chunji pushed off Ricky and helped him up.

"I didnt see you." Ricky laughed and scratched his head.

"What is it?" Chunji looked at his mirror, combing his hair.

"Going now." Ricky stood next to Chunji, looking at the same mirror.

"Mm, arasso. Let's go." Chunji put an arm around Ricky and closed the door behind him.

"Hyung!" Changjo was taking bags out of the kitchen when they heard a car honked.

"Changjo-ya, gumawo." Chunji slapped Changjo's back and helped him take the bags.

The three of them walked out of the house and hopped into the car waiting for them outside. After talking about what they are going to visit in Hongkong for hours, they finally reached L.Joe's house. Ricky's father honked and the gate opened.

Ricky opened the door and rushed out of the house even before Chunji could step out. Ricky carried the food and aimed for the table by the pool, then settling himself infront of the pool.

"Yah Ricky! Who told you you can sit on my chair." L.Joe put his arms on his waist and glared at Ricky.

"Our house doesnt have a pool, I just want to..." Ricky looked as though he was going to cry when he said that. L.Joe sighed and nodded. Ricky grinned immediately. He sat next to the pool and played with the water.

"He is acting as though he is a three year old kid." L.Joe told Chunji, who agreed. Ricky sure was acting as though he is three.

"Mwo? Its been long since we can actually swim okay." Ricky sulked, changing his expression as soon as Changjo wrapped his arms around Ricky.

"I know." Changjo smiled.

"Im glad you do." Ricky grinned.

"Jagiya, follow me." L.Joe covered Chunji's eyes. Chunji gripped L.Joe's hand.

"Wae wae wae?" Chunji stuttered, he reached out his arms, trying to feel L.Joe.

"You will know later." L.Joe smiled, bringing Chunji to his room.

L.Joe helped Chunji to his bed before opening his drawer. Chunji shifted on the bed and leaned on the bedframe without opening his eyes. L.Joe took out the box and held out its contents.

"Can I open my eyes now?" Chunji took L.Joe's pillow and hugged it.

Chunji felt L.Joe crawling onto the bed, next to him.

"Here." L.Joe pulled Chunji away from the bedframe and put his hands together.

Chunji heard a dangling sound from afar. L.Joe's hand brush against Chunji's neck, sending a tingling sensation down his body. A ring gently hung around his neck. Chunji reached out and touch his neck unconsciously. His fingers wrapped around the ring. Opening his eyes, Chunji gasped.

"You like it?" L.Joe smiled.

Engraved on the inside of the ring: Chunjoe♡. Chunji let his fingers touched the words over again. Chunji felt tears welling up his eyes. L.Joe leaned forward and kissed away his tears. 

"Hush. Dont cry, Its suppose to be happy." L.Joe smiled faintly.

"It's too precious." Chunji choked on the words.

"Nothing is more precious than you, Channie." L.Joe cupped Chunji's face and kissed his forehead.  

L.Joe pressed Chunji's head onto his chest, Chunji wrapped his arms around L.Joe's waist. L.Joe closed his eyes and rest his head on top of Chunji's.

"Hyung! Niel hyung and CAP hyung are here! Come down palli!" Ricky shouted from the hall.

"Let's go." L.Joe pulled back and held Chunji's hand.

"Hyung, what should we do now while the adults are preparing?" Changjo put his arm around Ricky's shoulder.

"Shouldnt we be helping?" CAP arched an eyebrow, nodding towards the adults who are busy preparing the barbecue items.

"Well, eomonni and abeoji told me just now we should have fun now, leave the barbecue to them." L.Joe shrugged.

"Neh, my six adeul, just have fun at the pool or something. Leave the barbecue to us." L.Joe's mother took off her plastic gloves as she head for the kitchen.

"Neh, eomonni!" The six shouted, punching their fists to the air.

"Whoever reaches the pool last get ready to be drowned!" Changjo shouted and rushed to the pool.

The six of them charged towards the pool, jumping into it. Ricky fumbled with his shoes before jumping into the pool. By the time he took off his shoes, he was the last.

"Yah Yoo Changhyun!" Niel shouted, raising an eyebrow.

"You're the last. Palli." CAP urged.

Ricky dipped his foot into the pool.

"Jagi, come here." Changjo swam towards Ricky and held out his hand.

Ricky hesitated before taking Changjo's hand. Ricky let his body fall into the pool, into Changjo's arms, chest to be precise.

"See? You will be fine." Changjo smiled.

Niel and Chunji swam towards them, splashing water at Ricky. Changjo put his arms around Ricky protectively.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Changjo pressed Ricky closer to his chest. Ricky felt the wet shirt against his cheek.

"You said whoever reaches the pool last gets drowned." Niel went around, splashing Ricky.

"Ricky-ya, come here." Chunji chuckled, splashing water at Changjo and Ricky.

"Aniyo, i take back my words." Changjo desperately shook his head. 

"Aish, why not just torture this two." CAP swam towards them, sending two big splashes to ChangRick.

"Yah!" Changjo retorted, letting go of Ricky, charging towards CAP.

Ricky giggled, watching in between Chunji and Niel.

"Changjo, your jagi is stuck." Chunji told Changjo.

Ricky stared eyes wide open, unaware of Niel who was about to pull him down.

"Niel hyung, dont you dare." Changjo pointed a finger. Ricky turned back instantly.

"Yah! Is this how you treat your hyung? Point a finger. You rascal, come here!" Niel pounced on Changjo with CAP.

"Hyung, where's L.Joe hyung." Ricky tugged on Chunji's arm. Chunji turned around, looking for L.Joe. L.Joe was nowhere in sight.

"Molleyo, he was next to me." Chunji swam to the edge and pushed himself up.

"Omma, have you seen L.Joe?" Chunji walked over to his mother, who was starting to barbecue food.

"Aniya, isnt he with you?" Chunji's mother put down the plate and wipe her hands on the apron.

"Channie, Im here."

Chunji turned back. L.Joe walked over, carrying floating mats with him.

"In case, you just want to float around." L.Joe dumped the floating mats on the ground and threw one to Ricky.

"I only have three so, share alright." L.Joe shouted to Niel and Ricky who were snatching.

"Byung, are you okay? You look pale." Chunji reached out to touch L.Joe's face, but L.Joe backed away.

"Im fine. Just cold." L.Joe smiled. Chunji didnt realise they were to busy in trying to drown Changjo and Ricky, to notice that L.Joe wasnt at the pool at all.

"Jeongmal? Why dont you sit down, dont go to the pool. I'll sit with you." Chunji walked with L.Joe to the seats.

L.Joe shook his head.

"Its alright. Im fine. Go swim, i will be down soon." L.Joe pushed Chunji forward. Chunji sighed, nodding his head. He took a float and put it on the pool before sitting on it.

"Hyung, give me the other." Ricky pointed to the floating mat on the grass. He mumbled that Niel took his away.

L.Joe threw it over to Ricky. Changjo pushed Ricky up and in no time, Ricky was in collision with Chunji. Chunji laughed and pushed Ricky away. L.Joe clasped his hands together, resting his chin on his hands. His vision went blurry, he wasnt sure if it was water since he went to wash his face after feeling sleepy just now.

"L.Joe!" Chunji shouted, L.Joe waved and smiled. L.Joe pushed himself off the seat and went in the water.

The six of them played in the water for a long time. CAP, Niel and Changjo became a team on one floating mat, big enough for them. L.Joe, Chunji and Ricky were in another team. They scissors, paper, stone their way to each other's mat, tackling them off the mat. L.Joe fell into the pool even before he could attack the other team, after being pushed by CAP for stepping a foot on their floating mat. Chunji tried standing up but slipped and fell, on his own mat. Lucky for him he didnt get pushed off. But, he fell backwards after trying to dodge Ricky. Ricky on the other hand, sat on the floating mat, pushing people off the mat. But still, he got mercilessly pushed off the mat by Changjo.

"Kids, time for dinner." CAP's mother went to the pool and hurried them.

"Had fun?" L.Joe pushed himself up the edge and pulled Chunji up next to him.

CAP and Niel went off to get towels, while Changjo and Ricky went to get drinks. So it was just Chunjoe by the swimming pool. Chunji inched closer to L.Joe. L.Joe put an arm around Chunji's shoulder, pulling him in. L.Joe rest his head on Chunji's shoulder. They were both wet, but they huddled together.

"Where do you wanna go when we reach Hongkong?" L.Joe asked, tracing the lines on Chunji's palm.

"Everywhere with you." Chunji blushed at his own answer.

"You know dont you? My birthday is two weeks after we come back from Hongkong." L.Joe grinned.

"Jinja? I didnt know." Chunji lied.

"Oh please, you know." L.Joe tickled Chunji's waist. Chunji giggled and moved away. But he moved to far, falling into the pool in one plonk.

"Yah, Chunji!" L.Joe shouted, jumping into the pool. Chunji swam up and gasped for breath. L.Joe wrapped his arms around Chunji's back, hugging him tight.

"Why are you so clumsy? You should be pabochun instead of me being pabobyung." L.Joe smiled at the cute nickname Chunji gave him.

"Im only clumsy with you." Chunji giggled. He is being so foolish with L.Joe.

"Pabo." L.Joe knocked his knuckles against Chunji's forehead.

"If you two dont get out of the pool, no barbecue for you." Ricky grinned and ran to the food. 

L.Joe and Chunji went up and took the towel Niel left on the seat before running after the food tray Ricky took away. Chunji helped L.Joe dry his hair while L.Joe stood infront of Chunji, silent.

"Gumapta, Chunji." L.Joe took Chunji's hand and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Why are you so mushy today." Chunji giggled non stop. L.Joe scratched his head, shrugging.

Chunji flapped his shirt to dry it, the ring on his necklace bouncing on his shirt.

"It fits you perfectly." L.Joe the ring.

"Speaking of it, where's yours L.Joe?" Chunji wiped his hair.

"Here." L.Joe pointed to the place where his heart is.

"There?" Chunji questioned. L.Joe took Chunji's hand and placed it on his chest.

"Here." L.Joe repeated. Chunji gushed and look away.

"Yah!" Chunji jerked his hand away. "Im serious. Where is yours."

"Its really here." L.Joe pointed to his chest, pulling his shirt down, he hooked a ring out, revealing the necklace.

"I didnt see that." Chunji blushed. He was too focus on the feeling of the chest than the feeling of the ring.

"Of course you didnt, you were too focus to-"

"Hyung! Palli!" Ricky ran past them, holding a stick of hotdogs.

"That kid, is like some three year old. I dont get him." L.Joe ran his fingers through his hair.

"Someday, our kid might be like him." Chunji muttered.

"Mwo?" L.Joe's mouth turned into an 'O' shape.

"Nothing." Chunji put down the towel and ran to the table. L.Joe blinked, trying hard to digest what Chunji had said.

-----

"Did you kids eat well? Mianhae, we have to have the barbecue in the afternoon since L.Joe's father and Niel's father have to go to a meeting with the board." L.Joe's mother apologised.

"Aigoo, its alright Inna. Im sure the kids dont mind since they have to pack their luggage." Ricky's mother smiled.

"Not mine, My adeul here packed his luggage as soon as he came home from the finals on sunday." Niel's mother tapped on Niel's shoulder. Niel opened his mouth to speak but was interruptes by the guys laughter.

"Jinjayo? I havent packed mine." CAP sniggered, nudging Niel.

"Im gonna pack with Changhyun later." Changjo put an arm around Ricky, making Ricky blushed infront of the adults.

"Same here." Chunji squeezed L.Joe's hand. L.Joe nodded, smiling.

"If that's so, kids we'll leave you all alone till night." Changjo's mother nodded.

"Neh!" The three couples grinned.