Chapter 66

Stupid Love

(Niel POV)

Its been two months since L.Joe left. L.Joe left a day before his birthday. No one knows where he went. But Niel hold on to the end of the hope that L.Joe is coming back. Niel dust off some dust on the couch in the danceroom. Its a new year already. They are all in year 3. Niel sat down on the couch, his hand on his chin. Changjo danced to a self-composed song, while singing with Ricky.

CAP sink down on the couch, putting his arm around Niel's shoulder. Niel smiled, kissing CAP's cheek. Changjo and Ricky are currently practicing for their promotion to a higher grade in dancing. Niel and CAP are the audience, giving some critics to the two Maknae.

"Yah, Maknae. Come and have a drink." Chunji walked in the danceroom, placing a tray of drinks on the table.

"Gumawo, hyung!" Ricky gladly skipped practice and took a cup of mocha.

No, they hadn't forget L.Joe at all. Neither did Chunji move on. No one knows what happened that midnight Chunji went back to L.Joe's house. But Chunji came back with swollen eyes and a high fever. Niel and Ricky took care of him. The fever lasted for a week. Seems like Chunji cried for very long. Chunji still misses L.Joe, he writes on his dairy, marking days to L.Joe's comeback. Chunji still wears the ring around his neck, hangs the chicken keychain on his phone.

"Yah! Not you, I meant Changjo." Chunji slapped Ricky's hand.

"I'm the Maknae too!" Ricky pouted.

"You're the fake Maknae, Ricky." Niel wagged his finger.

"Changjo here, is the true Maknae." Chunji smiled, strangling Changjo's neck.

Chunji still keeps his smile on his face.

"Too bad, Ricky." Changjo stuck out his tongue and sipped the caramel frappe.

"Do you guys wanna catch a movie tonight?" CAP was using his phone. Niel peered over. CAP was looking for movies to watch.

"What's nice?" Ricky asked.

"No Breathing?" Niel pointed to CAP's phone.

"Hmm... Anything." Changjo shrugged.

Niel sighed, nothing has ever been the same ever since L.Joe left.

"Lets go watch No Breathing then." Chunji pat on Changjo's back as Changjo choked on the whipped cream.

"Okay!" Ricky grinned.

-----

"Five tickets for No Breathing." CAP bought the tickets while Niel bought the popcorn and drinks.

"Sweet or Salty?" Niel asked over his shoulder to Changjo and Ricky who are busy strangling each other because of a phone.

"Sweet!" Ricky shouted.

"Salty!" Changjo shouted too, glaring at Ricky.

"Yah! So sweet for what?" Changjo punched Ricky's arm.

"Yah! So salty for what?" Ricky sulked, punching Changjo back.

"Chunji hyung?"

"Sweet." Chunji looked up from his phone, Chunji wore his black-rimmed spectacles tonight.

"One big buckets of mix, two medium of sweet, one medium bucket of salty." Niel told the guy.

Big one of mix for him and CAP, medium sweet for Chunji and Ricky while medium salty for Changjo.

"Niel, let me help you." Chunji came over and helped Niel take the drinks.

"Gumawo, hyung." Niel smiled.

"Palli, palli. The show starts in about 20 minutes." CAP helped Niel take the big bucket of popcorn.

"Hyung, which is mine?" Changjo took the salty popcorn bucket.

"That's yours." Niel nod toward the bucket Changjo is holding.

"I guess this is mine then." Ricky took the bucket from Niel's hand.

"Chunji hyung, this is yours. Give me the drinks. The large is mine and CAP hyung while the other large one is ChangRick's." Niel exchanged the popcorn for drinks with Chunji.

"Neh." Chunji took his drink and popcorn.

"10 is Changjo, 11 is Ricky, 12 is Chunji, 13 is Niel." CAP shifted in to the inner seat and sat down.

"Hyung, do you think Chunji hyung will be alright? I mean he is sitting in between us." Niel nudged CAP.

"He will be fine." CAP nod his head.

'Hope so...' Niel looked over at Chunji. Chunji had his hood up hence Niel can't see Chunji's face.

"Hyung, why did you put your hood up?" Niel faked laugh.

"Its cold." Chunji pulled the hood to the side a little, revealing his faint smile.

The movie started screening. Niel yawned, the movie was exciting but he is rather tired after working the whole day. He helped his father settle some documents at his office for the whole morning. He wasn't ready to take over his father's job.

Niel looked at his hands with CAP's. CAP never let go since the movie started. He was at the edge of his seat every single time a fight happens. Niel tilted his head slightly to look at Chunji. Niel can't see if Chunji is asleep since the hood is still up. But Chunji started eating the popcorn, so Niel guess Chunji must be watching the movie. Changjo, like CAP, is at the edge of his seat, eyes straight to the front as the fight goes on on screen. Ricky on the other hand was leaning against the chair, seemingly going to sleep like Niel.

"Niellie." CAP poked Niel's elbow.  "Did you see that?"

"See what?" Niel turned his face, his lips smacking against CAP's.

"Hyung!" Niel squealed, careful to lower his voice. CAP chuckled.

"Why aren't you watching the screen but looking at them?" CAP raised his eyebrow.

"I'm going to sleep soon." Niel admitted.

"Lean here." CAP put Niel's head on his shoulder.

"Sleep if you need to, I will wake you up." CAP kissed Niel's head and turned back to watch the screen.

Niel thought for a moment. What if... Instead of L.Joe, CAP is the one who's missing right now? He know for sure he isn't as strong as Chunji, he will definitely break down and shut himself in his room. Okay, not that bad but still. Niel knows Chunji is strong on the outside but crumbling on the inside.

Niel stared at Chunji. He cant see Chunji's face but he thought he saw a tear glistening from Chunji's eyes.

-----

"DAEBAK!" Changjo shouted, stretching his body.

"Changjo, I think only both of us were watching the movie." CAP shrugged.

"I was too." Chunji pointed out.

"You were like an eskimo inside, I couldn't even see your face, hyung." Ricky giggled. Niel agreed as he threw the box into the bin.

"It was cold okay? My face was freezing." Chunji pat on both sides of his face.

"Ha-ha hyung. I wasn't even cold." Changjo faked laugh.

"That's cause you're a bear." Ricky hugged Changjo.

"Ew." Niel shivered at the look of the two maknaes.

"Any of you need to go to the washroom? If not, lets go have supper." CAP asked.

"I need. If nobody is going, wait for me outside the cinema?" Niel said.

"Neh, arasso. We'll wait for you." Chunji shoved his hands into his coat pockets and strolled outside with ChangRick.

Niel went in the washroom and washed his face with plenty of water. He dabbed his face with the tissue before leaving. Niel walked out of the washroom and banged into someone.

"Mianhae." Niel apologised, bowing. The other person bowed too.

Niel caught the guy's eyes. Where had he see those eyes before? Before Niel could figure out, the guy quickly walked away.

"No way." Niel finally remembered. Those eyes were L.Joe's eyes. He was sure. Niel chased after the guy, but when he was outside the cinema, he lost the guy.

"Niel, are you okay?" Chunji touched Niel's shoulder. There's no point asking Chunji.

"Neh..." Niel panted. "Where's the rest?"

"There." Chunji pointed to a cafe opposite the cinema.

"Let's go." Niel took a last look to the right before leaving.

-----

"The sky is so clear tonight." Ricky pointed to the twinkling stars in the sky.

"Yeah... I can almost see all the stars." Chunji sipped his smoothie.

Ricky, Niel and Chunji sat outside the dorm on the grass, looking at the stars. Changjo and CAP had went in to sleep.

"He's coming back." Chunji said almost whispering.

"Who, hyung?" Niel asked.

There was a silence, Niel knows exactly who Chunji is talking about. Because Niel saw the person.

"L.Joe hyung..." Ricky whispered, breaking the silence.

"I got a feeling he's somewhere near. I just know..." Chunji sniffed. Niel looked over at Chunji, Chunji wiped his tear away with his sleeve.

"Hyung..." Niel put his arms around Chunji, hugging him. Ricky hugged from the other side.

Chunji sobbed into Niel's shoulders, wetting his sweater.

"Hush, hyung. L.Joe hyung will be back. He will... He will..." Niel pat on Chunji's back, willing those pain away.

"I hope..." Chunji sniffed, lying on Niel's shoulder. Ricky hugged Chunji tightly, crying into Chunji's back.

Niel put his arms around Chunji and Ricky, patting their backs, trying not to cry himself.