First Hunt

Crimson Infinity [EDITING]

They both walked in silent as Chen led the way out of the house.He cleared his throat before deciding to break the silent between them.

"So,you are not planning on killing my little brother,don't you?"Chen said and joked at the same time.He noticed how tensed the newborn was.

Kyungsoo can't help but to smile."No.Don't worry."

"That's a relieve then.As much as I love to troll my brothers,I still loved them to death.Why did I even have that feeling?"Chen facepalmed himself as he mumbled the last question to himself.Of course with the heightened sense,Kyungsoo was able to hear even the last words.

"Your brothers?"She decided to ignore it and changed the topic.Chen looked over his shoulder to her.

"Yes,my brothers.We have been around each other for too long already that we already considered as a family.And now,welcome to the family."Chen smiled genuinely for the first time to her.She was taken aback slightly but immediately returned the smile.

"Thanks.."She muttered softly.Chen nodded in reply and they finally stopped at the edge of a river.

"He's right behind those trees.You would be able to find him."

Chen was about to leave but Kyungsoo had grabbed his arms quickly.Too quick that she doesn't realized the latter's face was scrunched up due to the force been exerted.

"Y-yes..?"Chen slowly yanked her arms away and she didn't objected either.She just stared at the him with a confused look.

"How am I supposed to get there?"She asked innocently.Chen had a hard time,trying to surpress his laughter."Do I swim there?"

"No.You need to jump,dear sister."

"J-jump?"

"Yes,jump.Tried to go with your instinct.Just relax.."Chen pulled her to back up five paces and motioned her to relax."..and jump."

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before slowly she did as instructed.The next thing she knew,Chen was already on the next side of the river indicating she did it.Chen smiled at her and waved before he dissapeared back into the house.Now,she need to find him.But,it wasn't as hard she thought.In a few seconds,she was able to trace him and found him behind one of the tree.

His arms were wrapped tightly around his knees with his face buried in his knees.He didn't looked up when she stepped closer.Either he's too lost in his own world or he just simply didn't care any longer.She took a seat next to him.

"Kai..?"She called out.Kai,who was planning on ignoring anybody,immediately looked up though once he heard the unexpected voice.

"K-kyungsoo..?You were awaken?"She nodded and he buried himself even deeper.This time,he even hit himself.Kyungsoo was startled and instantly by instinct,caught his hands.

"What's wrong?"

Kai stared at her with the look that the answer was so obvious.He sighed as she just kept on staring back.

"You probably won't forgive me,don't you?"

Kyungsoo blinked her eyes in confusion."Forgive what?"

"Oh my,Kyungsoo.Don't play innocent.You know what I'm talking about.I'm the one who did it.I'm the one who took your life away from you.I'm the one who didn't gave you a choice."He replied furiously.He pulled his hair in frustration while Kyungsoo stared blankly at him.Slowly,the realisation began to hit her.

"Oh.."That was the only word that escaped her lip.Kai looked up with a disbelief look.

"Oh?Oh?Do Kyungsoo,you just said "oh"?Why did you do that?Why didn't you hit me?Punched me?Kicked me?Why didn't you just beat me to death?At least.."He stuttered as he trembled to complete the sentence."A-At least,it would had made me least guilty after you killed me."

"Kim Jongin!What are you talking about?"Kyungsoo asked him in surprise.

"Don't you understand it,Kyungsoo?I've turned you into a vampire!I've changed you!I'm the one who had become a selfish for wanting you to stay alive and never gave you a choice!You should be mad at me!And never forgive me ever!"Kai snapped.He stood up and punched the nearest tree.

"I-I'm not mad at you.."She replied slowly as she fiddled with her fingers.Kai turned around with a widened eyes.

"What?You said what?"

"I said I'm not mad at you,okay!"She snapped back."Of course,I am a little bit shocked and all at first..but I'm not mad at you.I'm really thankful that you had saved me.I'm thankful that you even saved me to the extent,giving me the second chance to live although I would need to get use to this life first.Just know,I'm not mad..at you and I'm just so thankful."

Kai went back next to her and massaged his temple.He was speechless.He was half-expecting for her to be all raged on him but she's being thankful to him instead.He closed his eyes as he bit his bottom lip.There were no sounds for a moment.After a while,there were light footsteps getting closer to them.Chen appeared right at the time.

"Dude,as much as I would love to see her ripping your throat off,I need to remind you she's still a newborn and she hasn't feed.Yet."Chen stated as a matter of fact while tapping his toes,slightly impatient.Sehun and Chanyeol joined them shortly after.

"Kyungsoo,you need to feed."

"N-neh..?"

"Feed,Kyungsoo.You need to feed or it would a battle of time before you led yourself to death."Chen explained and helped her to stand up.

"H-hyung.."Kai whimpered slowly,almost pleading to the older.All three of them shot him with a glare.

"Not now,Kai.Let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"We're going to hunt."

"Hunt?But I don't want to kill-"

Chanyeol placed one of his hand on her shoulder and looked at Chen."We should explain first."

Chen just rolled his eyes and blew his bang.He motioned to continue.

"Look,Kyungsoo.Unlike the other vampires,we didn't didn't drank human blood.Not that much.We only drank it once a month and even that,we drink it from blood bag so don't worry.We didn't killed people randomly.Well,sometimes but that's another story.Now,we're going to hunt for some "bunny" according to Chen to ease your thirst."Kyungsoo breathed in relieve as she heard the explanation.But she can't help to cringe when she found out she is still going to drink human's blood.Just at the thought of it is making her sick.

Sehun tapped his finger on his chin."We should go to the east.There's a lot of mountain lion there.That should be a great thing for her first hunt."

Chanyeol nodded in agreement while Chen was already on his ready position.

"Sehun,the first one arrived."Chen told before he ran into the forest.

"Catch you guys later."Sehun also said before he immediately raced into the forest.

"Hyung,I'm going too.Let me do it."

Chanyeol looked at the younger before he gave up.He pat his back before he went after the two.

"Just go by your instinct.That's all matter.Now,try it."

"Try what?"

"Run after them.Just run and I would led you.Come on."Kai grabbed her hand in his and in no time,they were already on their feets.They flew through the living green web,side by side as Kyungsoo began to enjoy it.She could felt her feet touched the ground so infrequently it felt more like flying than running.

Kai stopped them in the middle of the track.He stood still for a moment before he put his hands lightly on her shoulders.

"Now,close your eyes."He murmured."Listen.What do you hear?"

Everything.She could have said.His breath,her own breath,the whisper of birds preening their feathers in the treetops,their fluttering heartbeats,the maple leaves scraping together,the faint clicking of ants following each other in a long line up the bark of the nearest tree.But she knew better,he meant for something more specific so she let her ears range outward,seeking something different than the small hum of life that surrounded them.

Her eyes flashed open,but her focus was still on sharper senses as she turned and darted silently eastward.She sensed Kai with her,flowing quietly through the woods.The warm scent,sharper than anything else and so appealing.Kyungsoo hid behind a tree as she watched silently with her crimson eyes,the lion was resting.

It wasn't much of a fight as she sailed through the air and landed on the lion's branch.Her instinct led her as her fangs sought his throat and it cut through the the fur and fat and sinews like they weren't there.She immediately shoved his carcass off her body once he ran dry.

"Hmm.."Kai said.She looked up to see him leaning casually against a tree trunk,watching her with a thoughtful look on his face.

"Sorry.."

"Why would you?"

"The lion really had an impact on me.It attract me too much."

He chuckled."Sure,it is.It's herbivor.The meat-eaters smell more like humans."

"But I'm still..thirsty..?"

"You're young.It's okay.Now,let's go find more lions for you.Maybe we should find the other too.I think they hunted for you."

Kyungsoo nodded and followed him.He immediately interwined their hands again.They found the other three as they ran further into the forest.There's two lions in Chen's hands while the other one is still wrestling with Sehun.All of the boys just watched as she finished off with the animals.

"Are you done for today?Or do you want some more?"Chanyeol instantly asked with a concern voice once she's done.She wiped her face off on the back of her arm and shook her head.

"Done,I think."

Chen folded his arms to his chest."Woah,you surely did better than someone here.The first time he hunted,he ended up of went on some killing rampage on a group of five hikers."

"Who?"Kyungsoo asked curiously.Chen didn't answered but he did motioned his eyes to Sehun.Kyungsoo smiled as she saw it.Sehun immediately slapped the older one on his back.

"I can't control at that time okay!"He defended himself.Chen rolled his eyes.

"Yeah,yeah.And can you explain why Kyungsoo here is doing perfectly fine?"He said mocking him.The younger didn't answered and darted back.The rest of them followed and they were been welcomed by a smiling Lay and Kris at the house.

"Welcome to the family,Do Kyungsoo."All of them beamed including Kai.She smiled widely at the warm welcome.