This Can't Be

Crimson Infinity [EDITING]

His eyes stared in concentration as he poured the warm water into the bottle.Shortly after,he turned around with a proud smile etched on his face as he raised his hands in the air to display his final work.

"See?Told you I can do it!"He proudly announced while the other eyed him suspiciously.

"Are you sure that is edible?"Xiumin questioned,a hint of doubt and anxiety in her voice.Immediately,his smile slipped off of his face as a deep frown replaced it in an instant.

"Of course it is!"He insisted persistently with a dead serious look.

However,Kyungsoo crossed her arms with a doubtful look."I don't think so.Kim Jongin,why don't you try it first?

Kai was obviously caught by surprise as he threw a disbelief look towards his wife.He was silently pleading and begging her through his eyes but to no avail.With a sigh,he obediently followed his wife's request.Slowly and hesitantly,he took a sip of the milk only to spit it out in an instant.

"What the hell!Kim Jongdae!"He shot a look towards the said male."Are you trying to kill your own son?What did you put in it?"

Confusion was all over Chen's face at the moment while the females mumbled a quiet 'I knew it' under their breath.He quickly grabbed the bottle from the younger before he also took a sip of the milk to taste it himself.As expected,he reacted the same way.

Kai took a sip of it again and carefully tasted it."Did you put salt in it?"He asked in disbelief.

"I might had."He answered while scratching the back of his head.His voice was none above a whisper.

Xiumin was practically throwing daggers through her eyes as she eyed her idiotic husband.She huffed rather loudly before she shook her head.She quickly handed Xiuchen towards the doe eyes girl before making her way to do it by her ownself instead.

"Dude,you are insane."Kai commented casually before he dashed off to Kyungsoo's side.Chen was left all alone there.

                                                                                                        ~~+~~

"Do you like it that much?"Chanhyun instantly nodded in response with a wide grin plastered all over his face.He happily skipped along his parents as he the ice cream in his hands.Chanyeol ruffled the lottle boy's hair before throwing a look towards the other next to him.

"We need to talk."He said firmly but obviously,with his gentle voice.

"I guess so."

Chanyeol immediately bent down to be at the same level with his son."Chanhyun-ah,go and play there first,okay?"

The little boy nodded eagerly before he ran off to the direction of the playground.Meanwhile that,his parents immediately made themselves comfortable on the bench provided.

"I'm sorry.."That was the first word that slipped off from Baekhyun's mouth even before the male could uttered a word of his own.Chanyeol let out a sigh in reply as he ruffled his own hair while looking down.

"Why?"He helplessly questioned,not really giving a hint what is it about.However,Baekhyun hung her head lower as if she understand what is it.

"I'm sorry for everything.I should have come back once I gave birth to him but.."She paused for a while,throwing her gaze to the playground.

Chanyeol looked up and his gaze locked on her."But what?Please,stop with that and explain all of it."

It almost sounded like a demand but the violet hair girl knew better,he was silently begging to her to stop messing around with the pause.She turned to face him and eventually,she slowly reached for his hands before clasping it tightly.He flinched at the sudden touch but then,immediately doing the same by intertwining their hands.

"Like you can see,I can't.It was too much for me to take.The risk that I would put you and Chanhyun in.That's why I sent him to you and went off to seek for the cure by myself.I decided to take Chanhyun with me at first and I did because I can't bear to stay away from another one of my most beloved person in this world but then,I saw how it happened before my eyes.How I was not able to control it.So finally,I have to let him go and send him to you.But you know,the pain without you..Without Chanhyun..It was unbearable.."By now,a pool of fresh tears streamed down her cheeks as she spoke even more.Wordlessly,Chanyeol pulled her closer before pulling her into his embrace.He quietly her hair while assuring her with a light kiss on top of her head.

"I almost can't stand it once.I almost broke the wall that I had built and ran back into your embrace once.I kept on questioning myself what's the reason I did so.I could have just come back to you and we can all find the cure together.Like what we are doing now."She continued.Gradually,her silent tears turned into sobbing as she buried her face deeper into his chest.

"Sorry.."

Baekhyun ignored the apologetic whisper that Chanyeol was giving her."But I know..I k-know why..It was the guilty feeling in me..The terrified feeling in me..With me being a complete coward,of course I won't have the courage at all to come back to you.."

"Well,I better thank Xiumin then and for the first time,Chen too."Chanyeol whispered as he placed another soothing peck on her forehead."Thank them for bringing back my mate and also my future wife."

Baekhyun quickly pulled away from him but not necessarily let go with a surprise look."F-future wife?"

"Uh-huh.Why?You don't want to marry me?No,no.That's a punishment for you!"A stern voice coming from the tall male but it was certainly hard to miss the slight grin that tugged the corner of his lips.For once,both of them had a genuine smile on their face as their eyes met each other.

"I can't say no then."Baekhyun playfully said,lightening the atmosphere.Suddenly,a shadow towered above the couple before they tilted their heads in curiousity.Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock.

"Hyun?"

"Unnie!"She called gleefully.Her face lighten up to the maximum while she reached her hands to the said girl.On the other side,Chanhyeol annoyedly stood up before brushing off imaginary dusts with a pout.

"Who is this?"He asked irritatedly as he came to her side after he's satisfied with his appearance.Baekhyun immediately pulled him closer in delight.

"This is her!This is the person we are looking for!"She excitedly answered while almost bouncing up and down in her spot.The said female formed a warm smile towards Chanyeol in which the latter replied with a fake smile.He still despised the woman for interrupting his precious moments with Baekhyun just now.

                                                                            ~~+~~

After a short introduction session and also small talks,they were brought to the woman's house.Chanyeol's brows knitted together as he recognized the house as the one that they previously came but was greeted by the grumpy woman.Even so,he decided to brush it off as he waited patiently for the rest of his family to arrive since he had called them just now to inform about the newly found news.

"So,we need to wait for more people now?I'm sure there's a lot of questions that you want to ask."The woman said as she brought a tray to the table.Baekhyun responded with an eager nod almost in an instant.

"Is it fine?"

"Completely fine to me.Don't worry."She replied with a friendly smile,her eyes almost can't be seen by now."Aigoo,is this him?He had grown up so much.And his name is?"

"It's Chanhyun,unnie."She formed an 'O' with before a large crowd of people finally arrived.The group of family immediately took their own seats before staring at the woman with an obvious interested look.She let out a light chuckle seeing them.

"Okay,go on.I know you guys can't be any patient anymore."She encouraged as she motioned them to continue with their questions.Her wide smile that painted across her face never left even for a second.

"The cure!"

Unfortunately,her smile instantly faltered once Sehun mentioned that.She sighed abruptly before sending them an apologetic look.

"About that,I'm deeply sorry.."