Then It Begins

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

F4 went back to their lounge, aggravated and annoyed. Kai kicked the door and started trashing the whole place. Vases crashed on the floor, cushions flew everywhere, the pool table was filled with shards of glass from the leader’s havoc.

“That’s the second one already…” Sehun sighed after sitting on the couch, looking at the TV screen with a billiard ball stuck in it.

“Just for this month alone…” Zelo chuckled beside him.

“URGH!!!” Kai fumed. The skin around his eyes was creased like a wrinkled shirt, evidence of the perpetual frown that seemed to dangle above his chin. “Who does she think she is?" He paced with his shoulders hunched slightly forward, his stride slow and clumsy. He was loud and unapologetic in everything he did and his friends had never seen him back down in confrontation, not until today. "Us? ?” they watch him grew tense with a look of resentment. “I, Kim Jongin! Swear to ing get her! I will make her life a living hell!” he raised his shaking fists towards the ceiling. “I hate you Kim Yoon!!!”

“Seems like someone got herself a red card…” the youngest said and nudged the person on the other side of him. “What do you think, hyung?”

Daehyun just sat there with one leg over the other, arms crossed on his chest, and eyes completely shut. He has always been the type who takes pleasure in answering people with one liners. He's that friend who doesn't care about his surroundings and finds almost anything uninteresting. It’s like he has his own little bubble where he can be at peace. He doesn’t even condone violence but couldn’t hold it against his best friend every time he torments a student.

“Hyuunngggg?” Zelo shook him. “Are you sleeping again?”

“Wae?” he mumbled, still with eyes close.

“Do you think that girl will survive Kai?”

“Probably…”

Kai stopped pacing and listened to the three.

Zelo straightened up and faced him. “Eh? Jinjja?”

Sehun also jumped beside him. “Really? How do you know?”

“Just my guts…” he replied.

“Yah! Jung Daehyun!” Kai called his attention, but he remained somber. “I’m starting to question if you’re really my friend! Aish!”

“Relax Kai…” Daehyun opened his eyes and slowly walked to him. “You always get your way, right? Tch!” he patted his shoulder and left them. ‘So much for my power nap…’ he sighed.

“Right!” Kai snapped his fingers. “I always get what I want and I don’t give up just like that!” he snickered. “Daehyun is truly my friend… Ahhhhh~” he rejoiced with arms towards the ceiling.

“Is he really our leader?” Sehun whispered to Zelo.

They watch Kai walk back and forth, smiling like an idiot and scheming in his head.

“As if we have a choice!” Zelo snickered and they snorted.

----------

Yoonmei went down from her brother’s back as soon as they reached their house. They walked in and met their grandfather on his garden.

“Why are you home early? Kris is supposed to pick you up!” he said.

Jaejoong ran up to the old man and helped him carry the potted plants. “Kris? Who’s that?

“You haven’t met him?” he asked.

The brother shook his head. “I’ve been busy at work so I never had the chance to see you.”

“Oh right! Anyway I’ll introduce you later!” he said.

Yoonmei sat at the top of the stairs, sulking and staring blankly at the grass.

“How’s school?” Luoyong yelled.

“I don’t like it! Pft!” she scoffed. “It’s a school of retards and morons!”

‘Something tells me that my granddaughter’s first day in school didn’t go well…’ he sighed and walked over to her. After removing his gloves, Louyong took the spot beside her. “I’m assuming something bad happened?” she remained silent. “Aigooo~” he placed an arm around her shoulder. “Do you want to transfer school instead?”

She instantly sat up at the offer but something struck her. “Are there other schools as fabulous and classy as Shinhwa High?” the old man regretfully shook his head. “I don’t have any other choice then!” she sighed and looked back to the garden.

“Yoonmei-ah…” Luoyong rubbed her arm. “Shinhwa isn’t so bad… Jaejoong is an alumnus of both campuses.”

“Yeah Mei! The students there are completely harmless.” Jaejoong added and stood in front of them.

‘Harmless my !’ she smirked.

Then Kris came.

He jogged towards the three and bowed to Luoyong, that’s when he saw Yoonmei. “You’re here?”

“Duh!” she rolled her eyes.

Kris bowed once again to the old man. “Miahnaeyo harabeoji! I should’ve waited for her!”

“It’s okay Wu Fan! She purposely missed her classes and went home with him!” he pointed Jaejoong who had his piercing eyes at Kris. “He’s my grandson, brother of Yoonmei, Kim Jaejoong!”

“Annyeong haseyo~” Kris bowed 90 degrees.

Jaejoong on the other hand just nodded in response.

“Kris, would you mind transferring those plants into the new pots?” Luoyong said. “I’ll just make snacks for these kids…”

“Sure!” then he went to the garden.

The three stood and went into the house. They gathered while eating slices of fruits on an opening which leads to the garden. There they can see Kris busily working on the plants getting his hands dirty and raking the leaves that have fallen from a maple tree.

Kris has a very idealistic personality. When he believes in something that is being challenged, he wouldn't hesitate to fight for it. He is often seen as a cold person, obnoxious, has a bad temper, and it is only Luoyong, who keeps him under control. He would go to any extent to protect and help the man who has been a father figure and would sacrifice everything for him.

“What’s his story?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well…” Luoyong took a deep breath. “To make the long story short, Kris is an orphan whom I took in and gave a decent home, a part time job, and education.” Yoonmei looked at him. “He attended high school in Shinhwa and now a freshman in the same university as you did.” he told him.

“Is this house a juvie center or what?” she snorted.

“Yes! It is!” the old man knocked her head. “And you’re my latest detainee!”

Jaejong laughed harder. “Pwahahaha!”

“HA! HA! Funny!” she kicked his foot.

“Seriously!” Luoyong continued. “Kris is a good kid!”

“Are you sure?” Jaejoong asked. “I can’t just let any stranger get near my sister.”

“I understand where you’re coming from, Jaejoongie!” his grandfather held his shoulder. “But I assure you that Kris will be a great help to Yoonmei.”

“No thanks! I can take care of myself!” she looked away and continued eating.

Both men laughed and talked instead. “Does he know about your status?”

“Nope! No one in this neighborhood knows!” the old man said. “That’s why you have to minimize going here with your car. It blows my cover. Kekeke~” he snickered.

“Fine!” Jaejoong said.

Yoonmei butted in again. “But why?”

Then he placed a hand over her hand. “Yoonmei-ah… Money isn’t everything!” he shook his head. “Real friends, loving family, a clear conscience, true love… that is everything!”

She blinked when a weird feeling she couldn’t explain struck deep within her. It’s warm, fuzzy, a pleasant feeling to be exact. “Eyyyy…” she leaned back. “You’re way too serious, grandpa! Chill!”

“Babo!” he slapped her hand.

Jaejoong suddenly stood. “Well, I’ll leave you two for now. I got tons of work left at the office!”

“Okay then! Be careful when driving!” Luoyong said.

“Neh!” he bowed and ruffled his sister’s hair on the way out. “Bye MeiMei! Call me if you need anything!

“Yah! Aish!” she fixed her hair. “No way! I’d rather die than call you!”

‘She’s back to normal! That’s good to know!’ he smirked.