In The End

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Yoonmei went home and found Jaejoong on her bed lying on his stomach, scribbling with his phone.

‘Aigooo Yoonmei~ What have you done in your past life to deserve such beautiful people around you? Kyaaaa~’ she clucked her tongue.

“Oi!” Jaejoong called after noticing her. “Don’t leave home like that ever again, araseo? Mom’s gonna get a heart attack if you keep that up! Aish!” he warned.

“Miahnae…” she pouted and jumped to his side. “I just couldn’t sleep… What are you doing here anyway?”

“I’ll be teaching Kris some stuff…” he stood up and left. “Get dressed so you can join us!”

“Okay…” she yawned and stretched her limbs out. “Aaahhhh~ That felt so good… Hehehe~”

Jaejoong snorted and pushed her on the bed. “Dork!!!”

“YAAHHHH!!!” she hissed and he sprinted out of the room. “JERK!!!”

And that’s how there mornings and nights were spent. The siblings never stopped bickering, F4 never stopped giving out red cards, Yoonmei never stopped being stubborn and a pain in everyone’s .

Kris gradually adjusted to his new lifestyle: rich, popular, busy, even being called a heartthrob. However, he still has that idealistic personality in him. Always humble, kind, and free spirited.

-----------

When Shinhwa High School finally held their commencement rites, everyone was present to celebrate the occasion. Even the original F4 attended and were seated on stage together with school officials.

The auditorium was filled by a sea of black robes and caps from students who were itching to head to college. Yoonmei sat in between Kai and Daehyun, while Sehun and Zelo were on each of their sides. The headmistress gave a very long speech making the maknaes drift to sleep. Kai distracted himself by holding Yoonmei’s hand and drawing random shapes with his thumb.

When they saw the old lady leave the podium, Daehyun kicked Zelo, and Kai also did the same with Sehun.

Mr. Kang appeared on the podium and smiled from ear to ear. “Ladies and gentleman! It is with great pride and joy that I introduce to you our valedictorian… Kim Yoon Mei!”

Kai was the first to stand and clapped the loudest, followed by his friends, the four gods on stage, her brother and Kris on the far right, and lastly her parents. They met her on the way to the stage, and walked altogether on the way up.

Junpyo raised a thumb to her, while Jihoo winked. “Congrats!” he mouthed.

“Thanks!” she replied.

The headmistress handed her parents a gold medal and they placed it around her neck. “We’re so proud of you sweetheart!” her father said.

She reached out each of her arms around their shoulder and hugged them. “Thanks mom! Thanks dad! I wouldn’t be here without you guys! And I’m sorry for everything!”

“It’s nothing, MeiMei!” her mom said. “Although you can be very stubborn at times, we still love you just as much!”

“Awww~ Thanks mom!” she kissed her cheek, and also her dad’s.

At that point, the crowd cheered and clapped for her. On top of that, seeing four guys in black robes, standing with the proudest smile on their faces could almost make her fly. Her brother matched the loud claps they gave and cupped his mouth. “YEAH!!! THAT’S MY SISTER!!! WOOHOOO!!!”

“Idiot!” she smirked and waved to him. ‘Thanks oppa!’

Yoonmei looked around when she felt a hole in her heart. Something’s missing, or rather, someone. She pulled away from her parents and faced her dad. “Dad? Have you seen Luhan before you left Hong Kong?”

“Sorry sweetheart… I didn’t!” he shook his head.

“It’s okay…” she sighed. “He must’ve been busy…”

They left the stage and went back to their respective spots.

Kai noticed her craning her neck in various directions while fidgeting with her fingers. He also looked but saw no one. “Mei? Gwenchana?”

She forced a smile and blew out an air. “N-Neh!”

The ceremony ended and she was a lot less happy. She graduated with flying colors with family and friends by her side, but she was never complete. ‘Yah! Stop expecting! He’s not coming for you! Tch!’

Jaejoong and Kris walked ahead with the original F4, and so did the younger version together with their own parents.

Kai and Yoonmei were far behind with hands laced together as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

“Babe? Is something wrong?” he asked.

“Actually there is…” she moped.

“Tell me so I can help…” he her cheek.

Yoonmei looked at him. “Don’t get mad okay?”

“Promise! I won’t!” he kissed the back of her hand.

“It’s about Luhan…” she confessed. “I really thought he’s coming! I thought that all this time, he will be here to celebrate one of my greatest achievements…” she sighed and dropped her head back on his shoulder.

Kai stopped and shifted to cupped her face. “Babe… Luhan hyung might have his reasons! Whatever it is, we don’t know…” he comforted her. “But I’m pretty sure he’s proud of you! All of us do!”

It could’ve felt good hearing it from Luhan's mouth but Kai eased up her frustrations. “Yeah… Thanks babe…”

As they continued, Kai stopped once again and started patting his inner pockets. “! I think I dropped my phone somewhere…”

“Ehh? Jeungmal?” she worried.

“Aish!” Kai knocked his head. “Can you check in the auditorium while I go ask the guys?”

“Oh! Okay!” she hurriedly jogged to where they came from.

As he watch her disappear in a corner, Kai took out his phone from the back pocket of his pants. ‘You owe me, hyung!’ he smirked and continued towards the parking lot.

Yoonmei came running through the door and went straight to their seats. She ducked under the chairs, even removed her robe to crawl on the carpeted floor. Her tight fitting dress proved to be at a disadvantage when she started to lose a breath. “Aish! How can he be so careless?” she complained.

She was getting tired from scouring their row, so she ended up sitting on Kai’s chair. ‘I guess he’ll just have to buy a new one…’ she blew out an air.

Just as she was about to stand, a hand appeared just beside her ear when a slow music came. It was the same music that played during the governor’s ball and it brought her back to that one sweet night. “May I have this dance?” a voice added.

That voice alone sent shivers all over her body and her heart started to swell against her chest. She need not to look and knew right away who it was, but it was her raging heart who pushed her to look behind.

“Ni Hao, MeiMei…” Luhan softly spoke.

A tear fell from the corner of her eye and she took his hand. He pulled her towards the aisle without leaving her gaze. No words were spoken yet they both understood each other.

When they ended up on the stage, Luhan pulled her closer and placed both her hands around his neck. He wiped the tears dripping from her face, and pressed her back on his chest. “Told you I’m coming back didn’t I?” he whispered.

Yoonmei squeezed him tighter and closed her eyes when her chest exploded. It rendered her weightless and free that she couldn’t help but hang onto him. “What took you so long? Did you even see me?”

Luhan smiled and let his fingers dug through her hair. “Of course I did… I was here the whole time… I’m so proud of you Mei! You just don’t know how happy I am!”

Yoonmei suddenly looked up when it rained red rose petals on them. She looked back down to him, moved and touched by his gesture.

“It’s what a prince can do to his princess…” he whispered.

She hugged him again and he planted a soft kiss on her neck. “I miss you so much, Mei…”

“I miss you too, LuLu!”

The auditorium smelled aromatic from the roses that filled the stage. Yoonmei can definitely say that her graduation, more like her life, is now complete.

The music stopped and she pulled away from him. “Let’s go! I’m sure they’d be happy to see you!”

“Everyone knows I’m here! I went with your dad the other day...” he chuckled. “...and after all the pleadings that I did with Jongin, he finally allowed me to do this!”

“Awww~ That idiot is so sweet!” he giggled.

“Yeah! Yeah!” he took her wrist and pulled her towards the door. “By the way… My dad agreed that I move here and attend college in Shinhwa University!”

“Jinjja?” he nodded. “OMG! That is so cool!”

But then she stopped. “Wait… I don’t think Jongin will be happy about it!”

“Naahhhh~ We talk about it yesterday, and he’s fine with it!” Luhan said. “He doesn’t find me a threat or something!”

“Oh really? But how?” she scratched her nape.

Luhan continued walking while towing her. “I dunno… He probably must’ve learn to be more mature with these kind of stuffs.”

“Aigoooo~ Who would’ve thought that the arrogant and powerful leader of F4 changed into a softer gentleman…” she smiled.

“It’s all because of you, MeiMei… You may not have realized it but you have touched our lives in many different ways!” he then placed an arm around her shoulder. “That’s why all of us loves you sooooooo, so much!”

“And I also love all of you sooooooooo, so much!” she replied.

They took their time walking through hallway as if they strolled in a park. “Wonder what it’s gonna be like next year?” he asked.

“Hmmmm… You’ll probably gonna get a girlfriend already…” she snickered.

“Mwoh? No way!” he wrapped his arm around her neck and pinned her in his armpit. “Not until Jaejoong hyung gets one! OR!!!" he snickered while she staggered on his side. "You and Jongin breaks up!”

Her voice thundered through the hallway that it almost reach the parking lot. “DAMN YOU LUHAN!!!”

 

 

 

- THE END -

 

 

Well... That's it guys! I hope you like this story. I'm gonna say this time and time again, THANK YOU for all the support and comments that you give me. Good or bad, they both inspired me to do better. I'm truly humbled at how warm you accepted my stories and I will forever be grateful to all that you do to me. You just don't know it but you all made a huge impact in my life.

 

 

Thank you and thank you! I love you heaps from the bottom of my heart! In behalf of myself, my husband wants to give you our thanks.

 

 

PS: I already started with my next story, so I hope to see you there as well: Two Moons And A Werewolf Oh! If you liked this fic, don't forget to Vote Up. Ah go go go! :)