Haunted

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Days have passed and Yoonmei isolated herself from the world. She turned away from any solution and help that her family offered when she slipped into severe depression.

She lost the ability to feel joy and pleasure. Her tolerance level is at a down low. Her bad temper came back, and everything and everyone gets on her nerves easily.

That feeling of helplessness, hopelessness, and worthlessness fed her weakened state. Those sleepless nights, lack of appetite and loss of energy later took a toll on her body as well.

She just suddenly noticed that her surroundings took on a different tone at certain times: nightfall seemed more somber, mornings were less buoyant, and there's that moment in the late afternoon when a kind of panic and anxiety overtakes her.

That's when Jaejoong and their mom stayed with her when she decided to stay in Korea and live in Luoyong’s hanok as a way of keeping her sanity intact. They became her support system and made sure she gets all the attention she needs. They even went beyond their way to let her feel that someone is always there for her.

They always find her sitting by the stairs and staring at the garden. At night, she would hug the journal until she falls into slumber.

“Mom, do you think Yoonmei will be okay?” Jaejoong worried as they watch her sleep through a gap in the door.

“Yup, just have faith in her…” she said. “At least now, she doesn’t have to worry about revealing herself to her friends.”

“Yeah… I guess so…” he sighed.

That’s how thoughtful Luoyong is as a grandfather. Even up to his death, he made sure that Yoonmei won’t have to be bothered with that ordeal.

As a result, all the pleasures in life that she used to enjoy came back. The expensive clothes, high end shoes, even the Aston Martin was left outside the house. Two maids were brought in to help out and the rooms were remodelled and still maintaining the old vibe.

But, fame and riches comes with a price. They failed to realize that Yoonmei’s past would haunt her.

One morning, Jaejoong and his mom were watching the morning news.

“Kim Yoonmei, what you don’t know, and what you should know…” the same lady reporter said.

They listened and watched intently and as it goes on, Jaejoong and his mom cannot believe every word the reporter said.

False rumors that were plain cruel and hurtful started to spread like wildfire. Someone uncovered the reason why Yoonmei was brought, more like forced to live with Luoyong and fabricated stories about it.

That she’s a playgirl who sleeps with any guy she meets at a party. That she’s an alcoholic and a drug user. That she uses money and power to get a free pass every time she gets arrested.

Everything was blown out of proportion making everyone accuse her of being the worst person in existence.

Mihyung was left in complete shook and couldn’t understand what’s happening. “Oh no, no, no…” she covered her gaping mouth. “Why would they do this to my MeiMei? Wae????”

Jaejoong moved closer and placed an arm around her shoulder. “It's okay, mom… We know what the real story is and who the real MeiMei is…”

“So that’s what they think???” Yoonmei interrupted.

They both turned and saw her standing just a few meters away behind the couch.

Her gaunt face was suddenly fixed with slitting eyes and flaring nostrils. “I’m gonna show them how much of a I am!” she threatened and left.

“Jaejoong-ah…” their mom spoke. “We have to do something about this before your sister gets out of hand…”

“We will, mom… Don’t worry…” he added.

----------

On the other side of town, Yoonmei’s mortal enemy was sitting on a swivel chair with arms on her chest and also hooked at the TV.

When the news break out, Kai's mother felt weak, jealous and frustrated and this was the main reason behind the ruckus she created. She will do everything to put Yoonmei down even if it means risking her entire fortune.

“Tch! That should let her know who she’s dealing with!” she smirked. “Kim Yoonmei! This is Korea, not Hong Kong! People bows down to my name and I hold everyone around here with a leash!” she bragged.