Result

Me VS F4: Finest Four

That morning, Yoonmei went to school without a brace and crutches. She was able to walk slowly on her own, but with a slight limp since an elastic bandage was wrapped on her foot for support and compression.

“Hey!” Jaejoong held her shoulder before stepping out of the car. “You’re still not allowed to do sports or any physical activities! Your ankle is still healing so don’t move around too much!”

“I know, Jae!” she said and carefully hopped out.

Just as she entered the hallway, Kris came jogging to her side. “Seems like you’re getting better now?”

“Oh!” she looked up to him. “Yeah…”

He then held her arm to support her. “So does that mean I can take you to school next week?”

“Ermmm… Maybe…” she forced a smile.

When they got deeper into the campus, students were back murmuring to each other while looking at her. All they could hear were buzzes and hisses each time they pass a group of girls or pack of nerds.

“What’s wrong with them?” she wondered. Kris moved to a nearby group but she quickly held his wrist. “No! Just leave them alone!”

“But…” he argued.

She insisted. “What I don’t know won’t hurt me… It’s better that way!”

Kris sighed and looked at her with stern eyes. “Fine! But if it won’t stop, I’ll do something about it!” she faintly nodded.

The murmurs and whispers didn’t stop until they reached her classroom. It even grew louder when Kris left.

Just like she always does, Yoonmei ignored everything and remained in her little corner, staring outside the window.

Their teacher however was unusually late that her classmates started to grow impatient. Some have already dozed off, a few girls continued gossiping while putting on makeup, while the others threw crumpled papers at each other’s faces.

They only stopped when another student from a lower class came in and poked Yoonmei’s arm. “S-Sunbae…” he stammered and gulped hard when her terrifying eyes went to him.

“What?” she said in perfect English.

“Uhmmm… Y-You’re wanted…” he breathed heavily. “…at the… p-principal’s office~”

Everyone gasped followed by typical buzzes.

“Omo! Did you hear that?” says one girl.

“I hope it’s an expulsion notice…” replies the other.

“Well it’s about time that leaves Shinhwa! I’d throw a party for sure!” remarked her arch enemy.

Yoonmei stood and faced the frightened boy. “Wae???”

“I-I dunno… I’m just following instructions from the principal…” he whimpered.

She pushed him aside and slowly walked out.

Walking in the empty corridor was like first day of school all over again. Silent, eerie, heads peeking out of classroom doors, watching her.

Yoonmei however was neither scared nor nervous, but rather puzzled. She committed so many mistakes in the previous weeks and were in a lot of fights but didn’t even set a single foot in the principal’s office. Now that she’s too injured to be in a fight and not even saying a single threat, she still ended taking a trip to a place every student avoided. ‘What sorcery is this? Am I in Hogwarts or what?’

She stopped on the same wooden door and knocked. “Come in!” says an old and familiar voice.

As she pushed the door and limped her way in, she instantly saw the y backs of four troublemakers of Shinhwa.

Kai, Daehyun, Sehun and Zelo stood in front of the principal’s table. Maknae left his spot and went to support her. “Why are you here?” he whispered.

She took his arm as he led him near the table. “Why are YOU here?”

“Yah! You’re not supposed to answer a question with another question!” he quickly hissed.

“Did you come to help me, or interrogate me?” she glared.

‘Aish! This is hopeless! She’s so obnoxious!’ he stopped. “Help you, of course! Now, I dunno why you’re here so just shut up and let us do the talking, okay?”

“Yeah right…” she rolled her eyes.

“Junhong-ah! Yoonmei-shi!” the principal called. “Is there something you want to share with us?”

“Animida!” says Zelo and gently pulled her to join his friends.

Yoonmei stood a few feet away from Kai while Zelo walked back to his spot. That’s when she saw her teacher. He was standing behind the table, and just beside the principal. “Kang seonsaengnim! You’re here too?” she asked.

“Ye Yoonmei-shi!” he smiled proudly.

Then her heart started to beat faster. ‘Should I be scared now?’

For the first time ever, Kai saw her looking down nervously, and he too got worried. He wanted to move closer and comfort her, but he was too much of a coward to do it.

“Tsah!” the old lady spoke and crossed her arms on the table. “Since we’re all here, I’m gonna start with my announcements!”

Yoonmei closed her eyes. At that moment on, her pulse skyrocketed and she can already hear her heart beating against her chest. ‘Yah! What are you so scared of? If you get expelled, then fine! It’s not the end of the world!’ she convinced herself. ‘Chill Mei! It’s nothing!’

Kai looked over to his shoulder and saw her taking deep breaths. ‘Yoonmei-ah!!! HEY!!! Look over here!’ even if his stare burned her skull while screaming his head off, she still kept looking down. ‘HEY!!! It’s gonna be fine! I don’t think it’s something serious!’

“Jongin! Would you mind?” the principal called his attention.

“Oh!” he looked back to her. “Ermmm… Sorry…”

“The reason why I called the five of you is for some good news, and bad news…” she continued. “Let’s start with the bad news…” Yoonmei’s bravery slowly came back so she raised her head. “The four of you…” the principal pointed at the boys. “…Can you please try to explain these?”

Then Mr. Kang laid four test papers on the table. They all craned their necks including Yoonmei. Her eyes were set at the bloody red marks on the upper right hand side of the paper. ‘Kim Jongin (D-), Jung Daehyun (C), Oh Sehun (C-),  Choi Junhong (D)’ her eyes grew bigger. ‘Uwaaaa~ Seriously?’

The boys slapped their foreheads in a synchronized way. They pressed their lips together and kept their heads down for a major lecture.

“The four of you are the richest people in this school, but also holds the poorest grades!” the old lady scorned. “Are you even studying? Do any of your teachers lack the skill to teach?”

“Joesonghamnida…” they bowed and got distracted at the girl who was craning her neck at the table. They could feel her sympathy with the way she pouted and was touched at how she might just cared for them.

“PWAHAHAHA!!! KEKEKEKE~” Yoonmei burst into laughter out of nowhere. She was amused at the level of creativity showed on each test papers. Kai’s handwriting was like chicken scratches, Daehyun’s paper had flowers and butterflies, Sehun drew a pair of s on the lower left corner, and Zelo had skulls and spikes all over. ‘I’m in Hogwarts alright! People here use wands to write on paper instead of pens!’ she snorted. It removed all her anxieties and was replaced by her evil self. "Aigoooo~ HAHAHA!" She even forgot that her expulsion might be next. “I knew it! Your antennas don’t pick up all the channels! HAHAHA!”

Kai turned to Daehyun and whispered. “What does that mean?”

“She said we’re dumb! Pft!” he scoffed.

“Oh yeah???’ he snapped and faced her. “Well, your wheel is spinning but the squirrel is dead!” he added a laugh.

The entire room fell silent and stared blankly at him. Crickets followed then he stopped. "What?" he looked around.

“PWAHAHAHA!!! Oh my God! Waaaaa~” Yoonmei laughed louder and holding her stomach.

Sehun and Zelo looked away while Daehyun shook his head and whispered. “Dude! It’s supposed to be a hamster! Or a mouse! Aish!”

“Whatever! They’re the same!” he argued.

Even the teacher covered his mouth to hide his laughter.

“Okay! That’s enough!” the principal slammed her palm on the table. Kai shot Yoonmei an irritated stare while she kept snorting on her spot.

“Now, off to the good news!” Mr. Kang then placed another paper on the table. “Congratulations, Yoonmei-shi! You’re the new number 1 student in Shinhwa High School!” she added.

“WHAT?!” she stopped and snatched the paper. Her eyes rounded at the black ink on the upper right corner with an A+ written on it. “Holy Batman and Robin! OH MY GOD!!!”

Zelo ran to her side and peeked as well. “Uwaaaa~ Dude! She got a perfect score too!”

“Jinjja?” Sehun also moved and join them. “Damn girl! How can you be so smart? You ditch classes all the time and never even listened to any lectures at all! Amazing!”

“I’m so proud to have you in my class, Yoonmei-shi! Chukahae!” her teacher said.

“Thank you, Mr. Kang!” she bowed and grabbed Zelo’s hands after remembering the deal she had with her brother. “OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!” she started hopping.

“Yah!” Daehyun stopped her. “You’re foot!”

“Oh!” she stopped and viciously raised Zelo’s hands, up and down. “YES! YES! YES! I’m so happy! Hallelujah!” Yoonmei was in that that particular state of being emotionally aroused for she was well aware that next weekend will be an extravagant one. She was obviously excited and vibrant, making the four boys curious.

“Wae? Why are you so happy?” Zelo asked.

“I’m just happy!” she shrugged. They watch her spazz, in an all out hyperness, not able to hide the biggest smile in her face, and flapping her hands. She's almost bordering to being possessed.

“And because of that…” the principal interrupted. “…you’ll be tutoring these four!”

She stopped and everything vanished. “MWOH???” she blurted. Her ecstatic state, her biggest smile, her brightest face, her bliss, she even felt her worshipping soul leaving her body, being divided into four.

“YES!!!” the boys cheered in retaliation. “BOOYAH!!!” Daehyun wiggled his for a chicken dance, while Kai raised both hands in the air. “HALLELUJAH! AMEN TO THAT!”

Sehun faced Kai. “This calls for?” he wiggled his eyebrow.

“Harlem Shake!” maknae bellowed, and they danced.

The principal’s office was in utter chaos. Two boys on the right were dancing maniacs, one on the center was humming some kind of enchantment at the ceiling, while the other turned into a ballerina twirling around.

“ANDWAAEEEE!” Yoonmei panicked. She started pacing back and forth while grabbing her hair almost losing sanity. “No! This can’t be happening!”

“Yoonmei-shi!” the principal called. “Just think of this as sharing your knowledge to those who badly needs it!”

She stopped and looked down to her. “With all due respect! I may be gifted with Einstein’s brain, but I am in no way gifted with God’s hands. I’m not a miracle worker!” she then snapped at the four rowdy boys. “Will you stop? You’re ing irritating me!” they did and she continued. “Seriously ma’am! You asked the wrong person. I have no patience, much less the basic principles of teaching.” she shook her head.

“Just give it a try… How ‘bout one week?” the principal insisted. “If there’s no progress, then I’ll look for another person to tutor them.”

“Mwoh? No way!” Kai protested.

“Then you might wanna start squeezing your brains now!” she told him and faced Yoonmei. “Please?”

“Uwaaaa~ Who would’ve thought Shinhwa’s principal would beg a student! Dang! This girl is awesome!” Sehun snickered.

“WORD!!!” Zelo high fived him.

“Fine!” she said and another round of cheers erupted. “BUT!” she raised a finger and they stopped once again. “I will give them a test on the final day and if they fail… I’m out!”

The principal reached out a hand to her. “Deal!” and they shook hands.

Yooonmei turned to the door and walked out. ‘URGH!!! Since when did my life got so jinxed?’

“Yoonmei-ah!!!” the boys chorused and followed her.

“Get away!” she hissed.

Kai walked beside her with hands in his pockets. “Ermmm… T-Thanks, by the way…”

“No need for that!” she kept limping. “I had no other choice anyway! Besides, I’m only doing this to save human race!”

‘She’s really cute when pissed!’ he giggled. ‘Aigooo~ I never thought how weird my taste is with girls! Kekeke~’ he snickered, earning a death glare from her. “Miahn…” he bit his tongue.