Grandpa's Little Girl

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

It was both good and bad for Yoonmei when the news spread that she took the number 1 spot in the student rankings. Good, since her haters were reduced to half of the entire Shinhwa population. Bad, ‘cause she gets to spend more time with the four heartthrobs making every girl in the campus scream in jealousy.

The thing that bothered her the most is the tutoring part. She has no idea whatsoever how to show or explain topics and subjects to improve someone’s literacy.

Before another week starts, Luoyong and Kris got busy planting seeds and rearranging the pots. The old man saw her sitting on the stairs with chin on top of her bended knees while watching them blankly. “What’s wrong with MeiMei?” he asked.

“I’m pretty sure it’s about her tutoring those boys who went here the other day…” Kris said.

Luoyong placed a hand on his assistant’s shoulder and stood. “Aigooo~ This girl will get old faster than me from worrying too much…” he left while Kris continued working.

The old man sat beside his moping granddaughter and took his gardening gloves to place a hand on her shoulder. “Wanna tell grandpa about it?”

“Ermmm…” she tilted her head to look at him. “It’s just that I was tasked to tutor four evil kids at school!” she scoffed.

“Hmmm…” Luoyong rubbed his chin. “I want you to be honest with me okay?” she slowly nodded. “Are you willing to teach them?”

“I am! And you know that I can handle them really well! Tch!” she smirked. “The thing is, I don’t know how to do it!” she beckoned. “I have everything right here!” she poked a finger on her temple. “But I don’t know how to communicate it to them, and I hate it! Makes me feel stupid!” she looked back to Kris.

Luoyong sighed and pulled her closer to his side, keeping an arm around her. “You see, MeiMei… One thing I realized after all these years is that, teachers who showed enthusiasm inside the classroom affect a positive learning experience to the students. Show them how much you want to help them, and they’ll be motivated by it!” he raised a finger. “And remember that, the greatest of teachers are those who inspire and entertain, yet still managed to give proper learning to their students.”

“Do you think I can help them?” she stared at him very hopeful.

“Of course, sweetheart! Just use this…” Luoyong poked his chest. “… and this…” then his head. “…will follow!”

She was feeling warm and fuzzy when her head involuntarily moved to rest on her grandfather's shoulder. “Xie xie ni, yeye!”

‘Awww~ Now I feel a lot happier!’ he smiled and kissed the top of her head. “You’re always welcome, MeiMei!”

“By the way…” she pulled away and faced him. “Jaejoong and I are going home this weekend, you’ll come with us right?”

“Ehh? But why?” his eyebrows furrowed.

“Coz I won the bet and it’s not a good idea for an old man to be alone by himself!” she crossed her arms and scowled.

Luoyong chuckled and ruffled her hair. “Okay! Okay! I’ll go!”

“Cool!” she went to her knee and watched Kris.

The old man on the other hand stood and left to continue gardening. He crouched beside him and grabbed a trowel to dig through the dirt.

Yoonmei cringed at the sight of her billionaire grandfather doing a back breaking chore. His hands were dirty, and his shirt got soaked from sweat.

‘Aish! Why is everyone in our family so stubborn?’ she stood and stomped towards him. “Yeye, go take a rest… I’ll do it instead!” she then grabbed the tool he’s holding and kneeled on the grass.

Luoyong and Kris were left staring at her and couldn’t believe seeing her getting dirty like them. She made faces while touching the soil, and even raised a pinky while holding the gardening tool. “What?” she looked at them.

“Are you sure?” her grandfather asked.

“Yes! So go before I change my mind!” she hissed.

The old man slowly stood and went to watch by the stairs. If there’s anything in the world that he would never replace, it would be his granddaughter. Whether at her worst or best, he would still be there for her no matter what.

Having to depend with butlers and maids all her life, Yoonmei never knew the definition of chores and hardwork, and it made her grandfather’s heart soar. ‘Thank you, my MeiMei!’

Yoonmei however was doing more harm than good. The trowel turned into a deadly weapon when she butchered anything she can get her eyes on.

“Yah!” Kris slapped her hand. “You’re doing it wrong! You’ll end up killing every life in this garden!”

She instantly glared at him when her temper kicked in. “You do it then!” she dropped the tool and stood.

“You’re not going anywhere, missy!” Kris reached up to her hair and pulled her down. “Get back here!”

“Aaaahhhh!!!” she yelped and fell flat on the grass. “Grandpaaaa! Kris is hurting me!”

“No, I’m not!” he snickered. “I’m just showing her how to get a mudpack!”

Kris snorted when Yoonmei rose with dirt and leaves on her face. “You look great, Mei!” he laughed while pointing at her.

She secretly grabbed a fistful of soil and hurled it to his face. “And so are you! GODZILLA!”

“YAAHHH!!!” Kris wiped his face and lunged on her.

“Oh !” she quickly stood and ran for her life.

Luoyong was entertained at the two people running around his luscious garden, yelling and cursing at each other. ‘Kids…’