Swarm

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Luhan drove Yoonmei’s car to a fancy restaurant on top of a high rise building. They sat across each other near one of the many floor to ceiling windows where it showcased Seoul’s breathtaking skyline. Diners were a mix of old people and middle aged professionals.

Yoonmei was left flustered and embarrassed when they stared and murmur after recognizing her.

“Don’t mind them, Mei… Just keep eating! You’ve lost too much weight, don’t you know that! Tsk!” Luhan scowled.

“’Kay…” she mumbled and ate slowly.

Although the entire school saw Yoonmei’s new image, Luhan saw a different side, her lonelier side. The one that killed her spunk, wit and aggressiveness.

Even with her head down, he can feel an aura of gray eating her from the inside that made him reach out a hand to her hand and she stopped to stare at it.

“Mei?” he spoke and her eyes slowly went to his eyes. “I don't expect you to be happy right away… I only need you to stop being miserable...” he then laced their fingers together. “You’ll get through this…”

A smile formed on her lips as she squeezed his hand.

“That’s my girl!” he softly pinched her nose.

All of a sudden, numerous flashes of blinding lights came out of nowhere.

Yoonmei instinctively raised her free hand and covered her squinting eyes while Luhan looked around. ‘Oh no…’

Apparently, a group of paparazzi’s managed to slip into the exclusive restaurant and flocked their table in an instant.

“YOONMEI-SHI! YOONMEI-SHI!”

“AGASHI! What can you say about the scandal?”

“Is it true you had 10 boyfriends in one year?”

They barraged her with senseless questions causing commotion inside the area. People were shooting looks of disgust at her and would sometimes scowl their faces in repulse.

Luhan immediately stood and pulled her out of the table through their tangled hands. “Mei, let’s get outta here!”

After she stood, he secured his other arm around her and guided her towards the elevator. She was getting aggravated by the second and losing her temper as yells of lies vibrated publicly.

“YOONMEI-SHI! I heard you enjoy making people suffer!”

“YOONMEI-SHI! Who is he?”

“Is he your boyfriend?”

Good thing Luhan can barely understand Korean so he just kept moving and shielded her with half of his body.

Yoonmei looked up to him for a bit and saw that even with all the chaos, Luhan was still the angelic and calm person she first met. His thoughtfulness and caring nature gave her the strength she needed. ‘Thanks for being here, Luhan.’

“Hey… You better watch where we’re going or you’ll end up with a faceplant.” he murmured.

She dipped her head and hid her face again. ‘Still the cocky one. Tch!’ her lips curled.

Luhan stopped and talked in Mandarin. “Excuse me, sir! But you have to move out of our way! Please!” he said.

Yoonmei wondered so she looked up and saw that one of the paparazzi’s blocked the elevator door. Since the language barrier made it harder for both sides, she took the initiative to talk. “Please let us leave…”

“Not until you answer our questions?” he proudly smiled.

The other reporters swarmed them and Luhan covered her head and pressed it on his chest. He looked around for security personnel but no one came.

“YOONMEI-SHI! Who is he?”

“He looks rich so I’m pretty sure he got a lot of money to buy you drugs!”

“Is he your drug buddy? buddy maybe?”

Then *BOOM*

The man standing by the elevator door crashed on the floor.

Yoonmei hit her trembling fist straight in his face and blood dripped through his nose. When she aimed for another strike, he raised both hands to block it.

“I AM THAT ED UP PERSON WHOM YOU DON’T WANT TO ING MESS UP WITH! STAY THE AWAY FROM ME!”

“Y-Ye a-agashi…” he stuttered.

“THAT GOES FOR ALL OF YOU!!!” she roared and everyone else backed off.

*Ding*

The elevator door opened.

Luhan tenderly held her and walked inside. “What did they say?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing… I just had to let it out.” she leaned her head on his shoulder.

“Do you feel better?” he asked and she nodded. “Next time, leave that kind of stuff to me. Girls are not supposed to hit people, and if someone hurts or insults you, just tell me, okay? I will Kung Fu there asses!”

“Mhmmm…” she chuckled.

‘I never thought this girl can be violent yet very cool. How can I not love her?’ he sighed and her hair.

Luhan drove Yoonmei home while she gave him directions. She was slowly gaining her confidence back and would sometimes forget the dark tunnel she was in.

When he turned the wheel towards her house, they both leaned closer to the windshield when another swarm of camera crew flocked outside the main gate.

“Oh no…” she leaned back and covered her face. “When will they ever stop?”

Luhan placed a hand on her head and lightly shook it. “It’s okay, Mei! Cheer up!” he chuckled and she shifted to face him. “Just think of it as a game!” she blinked in curiosity.

The reporters saw the Aston Martin parked behind a Maserati and cameras started to flash in different angles.

Luhan carefully removed her seatbelt and opened a hand in front of her. “Ready to play?”

Yoonmei took a deep breath and held his fingers tightly.

“Just follow me and don’t let go…” she nodded.

Everyone was stunned to see a guy come out of the driver seat, and as soon as Yoonmei came crawling out of the same door, they started running towards them.

Jaejoong and his mom were watching the news and were shocked to see the festivity outside their house.

“Oh my God Jaejoong! Your sister!” she covered half her face and pointed a Chinese boy gallantly protecting her daughter while fighting their way through the mob. “And who is that?”

 “Aigooo~ Her prince charming showed up, eh?” he smirked.

“Yah!” she slapped his arm. “Go help them! Aish!”

Jaejoong instantly stood and ran to meet them.

Luhan got caught up in the middle and almost fell into a stampede. He already resorted to shoving everyone aside but the camera flashes proved to be at a disadvantage.

“YAH! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!” Jaejoong fumed. “THIS ENTIRE STREET BELONGS TO MY GRANDFATHER AND WE CAN HAVE YOU JAILED FOR TRESPASSING!” he added.

With that, they dispersed.

Luhan hurriedly guided her towards Jaejoong. He stopped and bowed to him. “Xiexie ni, Jaejoong gege!”

“It’s okay… I should be the one thanking you.” he slapped his arm, then cupped his sister’s face. “Hey! Gwenchana?” she nodded. “Let’s go inside! Mom’s worried, already…”

Both guys supported Yoonmei and as they went in, Jaejoong flashed the silenced mob with a middle finger. “Tch! That should show them that we’re not the family to mess with!” he sneered and slammed the door.

“I think they know that already!” Luhan snorted and saw Yoonmei smiling triumphantly while hiding her face.

Miyung saw the three so she rushed to them. “Yoonmei-ah, gwenchana?” she nodded. “How ‘bout you, young man?”

“I’m okay…” Luhan bowed.

“Omo~ You’re Luhan, right? The son of the governor of Hong Kong! Aigooo~ It’s nice to meet you!” she mused.

“The pleasure is mine, ma’am!” he bowed again.

“Mom!” Yoonmei interrupted. “He doesn’t like being called like that!”

“Wae?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Just don’t, okay!” she hissed.

“Fine!” Miyung then pushed her towards her room. “Go change! It’s getting late already!” and faced the boys. “Luhan-shi? Do you have a place to stay? You can stay at Jaejoong’s penthouse if you like! Or I could get you a hotel too!”

“Mwoh???” Jaejoong protested. “Moommmm???”

“What?” she exclaimed. “No one is staying there right now!”

“It’s okay…” Luhan butted in. “I’m already booked in one of our hotel’s in Tangnam…”

“It’s Gangnam…” Jaejoong corrected.

“Oh right… Gangnam.” he scratched his nape. “Well, I gotta go. I’ll just give Yoonmei a call when I get home. Good night, Mrs. Kim!” he bowed.

“Good night, Luhan-shi!” she waved. “By the way, do you need a car? You can use Jaejoong’s McLaren, if you need one!”

“Mooommmm!!!” the son protested yet again.

“It’s okay…” Luhan chuckled. “I can take care of it!”

Before his mother could offer his entire possessions, Jaejoong pulled Luhan out of the house.

“Thanks for taking care of my sister!” he said as they reached the door.

“It’s nothing, gege!” Luhan responded.

Jaejoong reach out a hand to him. “Seriously though… If you need anything, just let me know!”

He took it and they shook hands. “It’s all been taken cared of, xiexie!”

“Very well then! Be careful on your way back… Oh! This doesn’t change anything, you still have a long way to go before having my sister!” Jaejoong turned evil.

Luhan sighed and left defeated.