Interrogation

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Luhan’s presence gradually changed Yoonmei. She smiles a little more and sulks a little less. She also learned to accept that people outside of their house will say rude and mean things and has to deal with it. If push comes to shove, they’ll just have to face her iron fist and bad temper.

However, his sudden appearance made everything worse. He got labeled as the boyfriend who wants popularity for his father who was running for candidacy and trying to enter the Korean market.

The boys of F4 hated Luhan for that. Aside from the jealousy that burned from inside out, they grew infuriated when Yoonmei barely showed up. They can’t even go near her house since reporters and paparazzis kept a 5 mile radius in the area. Their flood of text messages didn’t help as well.

One day, Yoonmei decided to attend class when Jaejoong and Luhan went to see a movie she hated. It was already the second half of the day when her car skidded on the parking lot.

She went straight to her room and took her usual spot in the corner.

“It’s great to see you Yoonmei-shi!” Mr. Kang beamed. “Can you try to make it earlier next time? Shinhwa is not a shopping mall where you can just get in anytime you like!” he forced a smile.

“Yes sir!” she saluted.

“Where are your stuff, by the way? How do you plan on passing if you only have your phone and car keys with you?” he mocked.

“Trust me, seonsaengnim… I can!” she poked her temple.

“Oh right…” he faced his students. “She’s the genius around here!” he sighed.

Mr. Kang turned to the blackboard and started lecturing when the headmistress came. “Kim Yoonmei-shi! It’s good that you’re here! I need to talk to you!”

“Wooooo~” her classmates cooed.

The principal walked out and Yoonmei also stood to follow her.

She found the old lady standing behind the teacher’s table on the next room which was empty, so she sat on a chair in front of it. “What is it?”

“I hope you’re not forgetting your responsibilities as a student. I know you have the capability to pass every subject even if you miss the entire school year. But…” the principal raised a finger. “…being enrolled in Shinhwa requires you to attend your classes just like anybody else. Be fair with your classmates!” Yoonmei dropped her head for feeling sorry.

“I know you hate everyone especially with the way you’re treated… Trust me on this one but I don’t believe any of the stories that’s been going around. I can tell the huge difference between a real and fake person!” she beckoned and approached her. “Yoonmei-ah… Respect is earned, not given! Prove them wrong!”

“Miahnae…” she murmured and kept her eyes on the desk. “I was being careless and childish. I can’t promise anything, but I will do better…”

“That’s good enough!” the lady smiled. “Now go! Before I send you to detention!”

“Kamsahamnida…” Yoonmei bowed.

“By the way! May I remind you of your “other” responsibility as well...” she added.

“Neh???” her eyes instantly went up to the principal who was grinning from ear to ear.

“Aigooo~ You’re tutoring duty, remember?”

“MWOH???” she gawked and instantly stood. “ANDWAE!!! SHIREO!!!” she then started to leave.

“Yah! Where are you going?”

“TO DETENTION!!!” she snarled.

The old lady laughed and shook her head. “Very well! I’ll tell your boys to meet you there, then?!”

Yoonmei stopped and turned her scowling face at her. “They’re already passing their grades! In fact, they moved up in the school rankings! Are you ing kidding me?”

“Do I look like I’m joking?” she crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow. “Do it and I will let you take my parking space!”

Yoonmei raised her hands and pinched the bridge of her nose while looking at the ceiling. “Can’t believe you’re actually negotiating with me… Kyaaaaa~” she then dropped her hands. “Fine… Where are they?”

“YESSSS!” the old lady raised a fist. “In the usual place, of course!”

She turned towards the door and continued walking. “I won’t take your parking space! HMPFT!!!”

“Yoonmei-ah!!! Komawo!!!” the principal cupped .

“Whatever…” was the last word she heard.

Yoonmei went to the library without knowing what to expect. All she knows is that it will be the first time seeing F4 after Luhan came which was three days ago. For them, it was like ages. They dreaded each day without seeing her. They even decided to deal with her bad side as long as she attends school.

After reaching that same exact wooden door, she took not just one but a whole lot of deep breaths. Her butterflies started to soar and it brought her nervousness to the next level. She just doesn’t want to admit it, but her desire to see them was going stronger by the minute. ‘Hooooo~ Relax Mei! Stay calm and be strong!’

All four boys shifted their heads towards the door when it opened. What they expected to be the principal who was the one giving them lectures turned out to be someone else.

Zelo and Sehun instantly snatched a random book and hid their faces.

Daehyun swallowed hard and blinked a couple of times to make sure his vision was fine.

Kai froze while gluing his somber eyes on her.

“Ehem!” Yoonmei coughed and took her usual seat. “Just continue with what you’re doing and if you have any questions, just raise your hand!” Daehyun and Kai flinched and grabbed their notes. “Zelo! Sehun! Stop pretending! The books you’re holding are upside down!”

“Aiissshhhh!!!” maknae hissed from afar.

“Babo! Idiot!” Sehun knocked his head.

Yoonmei shook her head and grabbed an unfinished book she read and slumped in the swivel chair.

Then it grew painfully quiet to the ears. Not a single sound can be heard except for occasional shouts from the football field outside the window.

All of a sudden Kai stood.

He went over to her side and placed his notebook in front of her. “Can you please answer this for me?”

Without looking, Yoonmei lowered her book and snatched his pen.

Kai watched intently with eyes that can see through her. He nerve blinked, and even held his breath.

He wanted to see her for himself. The face that made his heart flutter. The warmth that melted his worries. The girl that made his life worth living.

“There!” she looked up and caught his gaze. “Ermmm… J-Jongin?”

He blinked and saw her pointing at his notes. “Oh… T-Thanks…”

Kai walked back to his seat and they continued where they left off.

Out of nowhere, Daehyun spoke while covering his face with a notebook. “Is he your boyfriend?”

Yoonmei shifted her attention to him but he remained firm. She smirked and pretended to keep reading. “No!”

“Is Jihoo sunbae the owner of the Maserati?” Sehun joined in while writing on a piece of paper.

“Excuse me?” she dropped her book and glared at him but he also remained firm. 'So you wanna play this game, huh?’ her eyes turned evil. “If I’m not mistaken, the Maserati that you’re referring to belongs to my brother! Jihoo and I are nothing but very close friends!” then she crossed her arms and shifted one leg over the other.

“Are you and that Chinese guy, dating?” Zelo  said while reading a sports magazine.

Yoonmei was once again getting aggravated. “Yah! Is this an interrogation or what?” Zelo shrugged so she continued. “If going out and having dinner together and watching a movie is considered a date, then yes!”

“Do you like him?” Kai bravely asked and looked at her.

“Woah! Hold up!” she raised both hands. “Don’t you think that’s a bit too personal already?”

He stood and slammed his fist on the table. “Just give me a ing answer, GODDAMNIT!!!”

Yoonmei also stood and leaned closer to him with deadly glares. “My answer is right! It's your question that is ing wrong!”

Daehyun quickly stood and softly pushed Kai back down. “Jongin! Relax! We’re not here to argue, a’right!” he also turned to her. “Mei… We just wanted some answers. We all know how hard these past weeks have been for you and how I wish we could’ve been there for you! We tried! We honestly tried!”

“Look!” she faced them and planted her hands on the table. “To tell you honestly, Luhan has been a huge help after all that happened to me, and I don’t think I’ll be here today if it wasn’t for him.” she admitted.

The three listened but Kai slumped in his chair, hiding his face.

“Luhan is a friend that I can’t afford to lose. I can’t live without him. I care for him…” she then turned to Daehyun. “Just like what I told you. I never lied when I told you that, Daehyun. You should know that!”

He dropped his head and she turned to them once again. “Now if you ask me if I like him? Maybe I do. But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the end for us!”

Sehun left his seat and wrapped his arms around her. “Does that mean, you and I still have a chance?”

Yoonmei snorted and held his face. “You really are the playboy of this group, aren’t you?” he slowly nodded with a pout. “Aigooo~ Well… If you’ll be a lot less of a ert, then maybe you’ll stand a chance.”

“Really? Even if I can’t speak Mandarin? Even if I’m not the son of a governor who owns a chain of hotels?” he sulked.

“Yah! How did you know about that?” she cocked her head.

Sehun pressed his lips together but later confessed. “Junhong did a little background check on him…” he grinned. “Maybe not a little…”

“Mwoh??? Yah! Choi Jonhung! Get your over here!”

Zelo instantly left his seat and went to her with puppy eyes. “Miahnae… I just had to…”

“Aish! Come here!” she held his face with her other hand. “You guys listen to me okay? That goes for you two as well!” she referred to Daehyun and Kai. “You guys are the best thing that happened to me! I wouldn’t trade you for the world and each of you has a place in my heart!”

“Really?” the youngest asked.

Yoonmei raised her right hand. “Promise! Cross my heart! Hope to die! Stick a needle in Munggu’s eye!”

Kai instantly stood and shoved them aside. “Yah! Yah! Yah! Why does it always have to be my dog?”

“Miahn…” she bit her tongue. “I can’t think of someone else, unless you want me to mention your mom, of course. Kekeke~” she snorted.

Kai chuckled and lunged on her for a hug. “I miss this crazy girl! Glad to have you back, Mei!”

She hugged him tighter and feeling him again that close made her float. “I miss you too, Kai!” she reached out to Daehyun and the maknaes. “I miss all of you!”

Yoonmei ended up in the middle being hugged by the Finest Four. “Is there anything else you wanna know?”

They were silent until Zelo broke it off. “Does Junpyo hyung really own you?”

“Oh c’mon Junhong! Do I really have to answer that?” she chuckled. “Seriously though, I think we should consider going on a down low. I’m pretty sure you’re all aware how nasty everyone thinks about me.”

They all pulled away and it was Kai who spoke for them. “No, Mei.” he shook his head. “Our lives are pretty much ed up even when you came. You, being a part of it just made it worthwhile.”

“Besides! “ Sehun placed an arm around the leader’s shoulder and interrupted. “It’s getting boring already and we totally don’t mind seeing our handsome faces on TV.” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“ yeah!” Zelo did the same on the other side. “Those paps should get a taste of our sweet knuckles too!”

Daehyun then hugged her right in front of their eyes. “And Luhan should know that he’s got competition!”

“You guys are crazy!” she chuckled.