First Day High

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

As Yoonmei tries to find her way to school, Kris trailed her within a few feet away and keeping an eye on her. He watches her ask directions from random strangers and followed every instruction. Apparently, Shinhwa High School was 5 minutes by bus or 15 minutes by foot.

Given her absolute dislike for public transport, she chose to walk to school instead. Kris still remained behind her, following her. To kill the awkwardness and the feeling of being stalked, she took out her phone and exchanged messages with her friends.

She was too caught up with what remains of her social life when she failed to notice the traffic light has turned green.

“!” Kris ran and yanked her backpack, taking her with it.

“What the hell?” she hissed and glared at him. “Dude! What’s your problem?”

Kris pointed the traffic light then the cars and buses speeding in front of her.

“Ahhhh!” she smirked and kept a steady glare at him. “So do I have to say, thank you now? Oh wait! I think it’s…” she tapped her chin. “Kamsahamnnida, right?”

Kris shook his head. “No thanks! I don’t need it!” the light turned red and he went ahead.

Yoonmei watched his lead this time. He was tall, black haired, fair skinned, he even glowed at one point. He has that athletic frame and she couldn’t help but wonder. ‘Hmmmm… How is he related to grandpa?’ Curiosity crept up into her system so she asked. “Hey! Are you by any chance related to my grandfather?” she yelled.

With all the goodness in his heart, Kris replied. “No! I only work for him!”

‘Ahhhh…’ she slowly nodded, then another question popped. “Does it include, bringing me to school?”

“No!” he smirked. “It just so happen I also go there!”

“Huh? You’re still in high school?” she chuckled. ‘I knew it! People in this country are dumb!’

“No!” he replied. “I’m a freshman at Shinhwa University! It’s in the same campus with yours!”

‘Oh!’ she snickered, and as she looked ahead, the main entrance of the school welcomed her. ‘Not bad!’ she praised. All those time, she thought she’ll end up in some ordinary public school. She was rather relieved and somewhat happy since there’s still hope for her. ‘Thank God!’ she blew out a huge air and walked in.

She examined the majestic campus. The buildings were well thought out from the location, interior and exterior designs, and the cleanliness. Shinhwa truly lived up to its name and brand as a prestigious academy. She was distracted once again that she forgot about Kris. “You’re welcome... Tch!” he murmured and left.

Limousines and SUV’s paraded down the street and out came the students. Some were running, others played it cool. Girls catwalked, some held mirrors in front of their faces, fixing their makeup and styling their hairs.

Yoonmei knew in an instant what type of people she’ll be dealing with. Rich, spoiled, shallow, and a bunch of whiners. Pretty much one half of her entire being leaving the other half with pure bitterness.

She snuck her hands in her jacket pocket and headed to the principal’s office.

Since she's the new face, all eyes went to her. She was placed under heavy scrutiny that every person she met along the hallway, stared and gossiped about her. They thought of ways how to humiliate her, how to bully her, even thinking of mocking her right then and there.

Just as she was about to knock on the wooden door, the school’s queenka with two of her minions, suddenly appeared in front of her. “Well hello there newbie!” she looked at Yoonmei from head to toe, then gasped upon seeing her sneakers. “Omo!” she placed a hand over . “Those are Pierre Hardy’s!” she checked her once again. “How did you even afford that? I heard you lived with your grandpa in one of those filthy disgusting houses in that poor village of hanoks! Did your family have to sell your entire house?” she chuckled. "Know your place, girl!"

Then they laughed as loud as they can.

“Ugh!” Yoonmei’s draw dropped. Her nerves instantly burned when her blood started to boil. Her hands also curled into fists and her instincts tell her to send another body to the hospital. But thinking of the reason why she even ended up in that school, was more than enough to stop her. ‘Chill Mei! Another trouble and say bye bye to McQueen for good!’

With that, she ignored them by forcing her lips to curl up and squeeze her way towards the door.

The hard headed queenka however, yanked her back and pushed her. “I'm talking to you! Didn’t your parents teach you some manners?”

Being in her most courteous self, she answered. “Well apparently, all my manners turned to fat!”

They were taken aback. At that point in time, all four of them were surrounded by a flock of students. “And you were asking where I got this?” she lightly raised her foot and cocked her head with a frightening stare. “I stole them!” they all moved a step back. “So you better be careful with your stuff!”

She left them stunned and frozen, not knowing how to react.

----------

After a short talk and briefing with the lady principal, Yoonmei was escorted to her class. The hallway was quiet, but the news spread about her heated argument, spread like wildfire. Students poked their heads out of the door and would whisper as she passes by.

She ignored them and remained calm. ‘I think Senior year will just be fun! They just don’t know who they are dealing with!’ a menacing smirk formed on her lips. ‘I’d love to give them a taste of their own medicine. Mwahahaha!’

“Ms. Kim, over here please!” the old lady beckoned towards a room.

Yoonmei followed her and every student straightened up. Just like what happened, she was once again scrutinized. The teacher who had the same age with her dad but looks a lot less dapper, walked over to her. “Welcome to my class Ms. Kim! I’m Mr. Kang!”

‘Rigghhhhttttt…’ she faked a smile to him, then the principal left.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself?” the teacher added.

Her classmates might’ve found something funny at the idea ‘cause they all snorted at the same time. Mr. Kang slammed his stick on the table making them stop.

Yoonmei however remained firm and started to "introduce" herself. “I don't wanna know you, and I don't care about any of you.” their eyes bulged. “Chances are, I hate you and you don't even know it!” her eyes narrowed. “I hate pretty much everyone who talks, especially illiterate people, repetitive idiots, and ty losers!” their jaws dropped. “So if I were you, stay the away from me!”

Then crickets showed up. It fell silent that they could already hear the lecture from the nearby rooms.

“Ermmm…” Mr. Kang cleared his throat. “Y-Yoonmei-shi… You may…” he stuttered. “…t-take that seat!” he pointed his stick at a vacant chair near the window on a corner.

She gripped her backpack and made her way through the crowded classroom.

*cough ! cough*

She stopped and her head snapped at the direction where it came from. One thing Yoonmei is really good at, is when her ears catches words that are unacceptable to her brain. She walked over to the culprit who remained seated, blankly looking at the blackboard. “Say that again!” she said calmly.

The girl looked up and innocently shrugged. “What? I didn’t say anything!”

The classroom suddenly became tensed. Apparently, all of them got her warning except for the one in front of her.

Yoonmei tilted her head and let her eyes moved up and down. ‘She is so not worth it!’ “One thing that I hate the most are liars!” she slammed her fist on the desk, the girl jumped. “If you say that again, make sure I won’t hear it or I will apply your makeup for you with a shotgun!” she left and went to her chair.

Not just the girl gulped but the entire room. They never thought how much of a fighter she was, much less a threatening individual.

“Ermmm… Oh…Kay…” the teacher wiped his sweating forehead. “L-Let’s start the class, shall we?” he grinned.

Yoonmei plugged her earphones and watched the window instead.