Slightly Changed

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

It was afternoon when a private jet taxied towards Hong Kong International Airport’s hangar where four black SUV’s waited. As soon as it stopped, the door opened and down came the ladder. Luoyong came out, followed by Jaejoong, then Yoonmei.

Their parents came out of one of the cars and stood in front of it. “Changhee! Miyung!” the old man greeted as he neared them. “How’s everything down here?”

“Everything’s running smoothly, dad!” they hugged. “I didn’t know you’re coming…”

“Well… MeiMei wanted me to come…” Luoyong remarked when Yoonmei approached them.

“Hi dad…” she kissed his cheek. “Hi mom…” also with her mother, and went ahead to one of the SUV’s.

They were caught by surprise. She usually ignores them or greet with a scowl every time they fetch her. This is by far the sweetest she ever did after so many years.

“Was that my MeiMei? As in Kim Yoonmei?” her dad asked the old man.

Jaejoong came and hugged him. “Better believe it dad! You’re in for a surprise!” then went to his mother. “Hi mom! It’s great to see you!” he also went to join his sister in the car.

“Huh???” the mother scratched her head.

“Aigooo~ Let’s just go home and see for yourself…” Luoyong placed each of his arms around their shoulder and went to a different SUV.

The family owns several luxurious residential properties and real estates in and around the country. They reside in their most prime building which is also home to celebrities, expats, and tycoons just like themselves.

Soaring above Hong Kong's premium lifestyle hub, the 270-suite apartments were designed for those who are enticed by the notion of a spacious and Zen home right in the hub of bustling Hong Kong. The Kim's took over the topmost floor, boasting private balcony and unrivalled views over Victoria Harbour. They each have their own bedrooms with king size beds and ensuite bathroom.

They gave special attention to Yoonmei’s room since Jaejoong got his share through the penthouse in Seoul. Her room transforms into a spectacular retreat when the sun sets. She gets to experience a bird's eye view of her birth country. Sleek wood and expensive tiles used throughout the space, while subtle touches of traditional Chinese decor lend a sense of history.

Yoonmei was like a kid inside a candy store while gazing out the car window. It seemed like forever since she left and couldn’t help but get excited all over again.  The smile in her face never disappeared making Jaejoong happy after seeing. ‘Good job Jae! You just made the right decision!’

The family took a capsule elevator that goes straight into their unit. When it opened, Yoonmei dashed to her room leaving everyone behind. She was so overwhelmed that she jumped at the sight of her enormous bed complete with six down pillows, 350-thread-count sheets and a plush duvet. After landing against it with arms and legs stretching out, Yoonmei gripped the edge of the comforter and rolled in it like a burrito. “Ahhhh! I miss this soooooooooo much! Weeeee~”

“Should I be jealous over your bed?” her mom walked in.

“Oh!” she shifted to her side. “N-No mom! Ermmm… I miss you and dad of course!”

“Really?” the woman pouted after sitting beside her, and Yoonmei nodded. “More than your room?”

“More than anyone!” she chuckled.

Her mom felt happy when she finally knew her daughter changed. Maybe not entirely but the fact that she’s more affectionate now made a huge difference. “Can I get hug?”

“Sure!” Yoonmei  however couldn’t move due to her tight wrap. “Hold a sec…” she struggled.

“Aigooo~ You little kid!” she hugged her daughter instead and planted a warm kiss on her forehead. “Wo ai ni, MeiMei~”

“Love you too, mom!”

“Awww~ The two ladies of my life!” Jaejoong stood at the foot of her bed with hands on his hips. “Dad said to get you… Dinner is ready!”

Their mother stood and ruffled her hair. “I’ll go ahead to make sure everything is set…” she left and Jaejoong followed.

“Hey Jae!!! Would you mind helping me?” she called.

“NO!” he smirked.

“Mooommmm…” she asked for reinforcement making her mother give Jaejoong a death glare.

“Fine!” he rolled his eyes and went back to help his sister. “Be thankful I love you this much!”

“Whatever! Just get me out of here! I’m starving!"

----------

At the long dining table, Luoyong and their dad sat on both ends, their mother is at one side, and the siblings at the other. A huge centerpiece of fresh flowers donned in the middle while gold utensils and delicate porcelain plates were used. A variety of food was also served by a chef.

“I heard that you’re tutoring at school?” her dad asked.

“Mhmmmm…” Yoonmei replied with a mouth full.

“Hey easy…” Jaejoong rubbed her back.

“I can’t! I’m hungry and I miss dad’s home cooked meals!” she mumbled.

‘I knew she liked my cooking! Hehehe!’ It brought a smile on her father’s lips. “Who are you tutoring? How did they do?”

Yoonmei enumerated all of F4’s name and elaborated the events that happened during the evaluation day. They were all proud of what their daughter accomplished but something bothered the head of the household. “Kim Jongin?” he repeated.

“Yup! He’s the leader of F4…” she swallowed and took another bite. “His mom is an evil CEO who thinks her son is stupid…” she smirked. “I bet she’s kicking herself now since Kai just got himself an A+! Take that Cruella! HAH!!!”

She was supposed to continue her bragging rights when she noticed the adults looking at each other a bit disturbed. “Wae?” she asked.

Luoyong and her dad continued eating so it was her mom who answered. “Nothing…” she smiled. “Just finish up and get changed. The stylists will be here in 10 minutes.”

“Wae?” she asked again.

“Coz you and Jaejoong will attend the governor’s ball…”

“What? But mom… I’m supposed to meet with my friends!” she argued.

“Don’t worry! They’ll be there too! It’s a gathering of the sons and daughters of business owners in Hong Kong…”

“Fine…” she sighed.

The remainder of the meal was silent. Their parents were exchanging looks at one point while Luoyong kept his attention at the Forbes magazine beside him.

Yoonmei leaned closer to her brother. “Yaahhhh… Is there something that I should know about?” she whispered.

“Huh? Wae?” he asked, and she pointed at the three with her puckered lips. “I don’t know… It’s prolly nothing! You’re just overreacting…”

“Maybe…” she shrugged and went back to her spot.

“Jaejoong!” their father called. “Watch over your sister, araseo? Make sure you both get home early!”

“Yes dad!” Jaejoong replied.

“And no alcohol!” he added.

“Yes dad!”