Recover

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

People who get out of comas has to learn to do things over again: eating, walking, talking, almost every basic stuff a person does.

Yoonmei is no exception. Although she was breathing on her own and her voice gradually came back, she still has to function on her own.

Being the spoiled daughter that she is, a flock of nurses worked round the clock only for her. They carried her into the bathroom and gave a refreshing bath, change her clothes into a fresh pair of pajamas, and fed her afterwards.

While she was resting one afternoon, Yoonmei called her mother who was at the table talking with Jaejoong and her husband. “Mom?” she croaked.

Miyung left and went to sit on her bed. “Yes sweetie?”

“I don’t think we need those nurses anymore…” she softly said.

“Wae?”

“I can take care of myself and other patients need them more than I do…”

“Are you sure?” she nodded.

Her mother felt touched at the small gesture knowing that the once rebellious and narcissistic daughter no longer existed.

She reached into Yoonmei’s face and her face. “Very well then… I’ll tell them later…”

“Mom?” she asked again, so the mother listened. “Can you help me up please? I’ve been itching to leave this bed…” she chuckled.

“Sure!” Miyung mused. “But I think it would be better to have your dad and oppa do it…” then she called them.

Jaejoong and his dad instantly left the table and went to Yoonmei who raised both hands to her dad.

“Watch out for her IV…” Miyung said.

“Mhmmm…” her husband replied, and wrapped both arms on Yoonmei’s back. “Ready?”

“Yup...” she smiled.

With that, Yoonmei took wobbly steps out of the bed. She tripped and fell but having her brother and father made her feel secure.

-----------

Back in Shinhwa, Kris dropped by the high school campus after his class ended. He found F4 in the hallway, making their way to the parking lot.

“Jongin!” he called.

The boys stopped and turned to him. “Oh hyung! What brings you over?”

“I’m going to the hospital! Aren’t you coming?”

“I am! But you guys go ahead! I’m dropping by somewhere…” Kai grinned.

Kris raised an eyebrow and pulled him away from the three. “And where are you going?”

“Relax bro! I’ll just buy something for Yoonmei...” he scratched his nape shyly.

Kris firmly held his brother’s shoulder. “You really love her do you?”

Kai looked up to him with sincere and truthful eyes. “Yes hyung… And I also know you love her too…”

“No I don’t!” he denied.

“Hyung! Don’t bull, a bullter!” Kai smirked. “No one in their right mind would take a girl to school every ing day, and diligently fetch her after even if he knows there are four rich kids who are more than willing to take her home!”

The older brother sighed. “Fine! You got me! So what?” Kris scowled. “I already gave up the day I find out you’re my brother!”

Kai felt bad for his hyung. He knew how much Kris loves Yoonmei and he just gave her up just like that for him.

"Hey!" Kris slightly punched his arm. "You're my brother! I can't compete with you!"

"Sorry..." Kai dropped his head.

Kris maybe heartbroken but he accepted the fact that it might just be his younger brother who can show how much he loves Yoonmei. “Look Jongin… I only want her to be happy. Take care of her okay?”

Kai looked up and reached out a hand to him. “I will hyung! Promise… Thanks~”

Kris took it and they exchanged bro hugs. “Don’t thank me yet… You have Luhan to worry about. He’s definitely way ahead of you!”

“What? Jinjja? No way…” he shook his head.

“Yes way! I saw them making out outside their house one night.” Kris said.

His brother’s jaw dropped and heated up in an instant when his blood started to boil. “Uwwaaaa!” he held his nape. “That stupid ! He even got to kiss her before I did? This is unbelievable! Urrggghhh!” he stomped out of the hallway, making his friends intrigued.

“Hyung? What happened?” Daehyun asked Kris who was trailing his pissed brother.

“That right there is my brother who is jealous as !” he snickered, and cupped his mouth. “Yah! Kim Jongin! Better hurry up! Jaejoong hyung called me earlier and said that Luhan is already at the hospital!”

“ OFF!!!” a voice rang.

“See?” Kris nudged Daehyun.

F3 laughed and trailed their leader.