Enough

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Kris dropped Yoonmei off at the high school campus. He went to a different direction while she went straight through the main entrance.

She was feeling happy and ecstatic to see four of her very good friends. She skipped while gripping the straps of her backpack, and with a huge smile on her face. ‘This is all your fault, Luhan! Hehehe~’ she giggled at the thought of his name.

But the boys of F4 were in a different page. They found out about what happened with Kai when the butler called Daehyun from the hospital. Their leader was brought to the emergency room when his knuckles bled profusely. He even chose to stay at Daehyun’s house to spend the night.

Despite all the pain, Kai could only think of one person. He misses her so much that it's starting to hurt really bad. He is crippled like a drug addict in withdrawal. There's that deep angst within him, an emptiness that causes a heavy, unsoothable pain, which he endured for too long. All he needs is just that one single person.

Then they saw her. The apple of their eyes. The light of their lives. The bane of their existence.

Yoonmei’s face lit up even more when she saw them. She raised her arm as high as she can and waved frantically. “DAEHYUNNIE!!! SEHUN-AH!!! ZELO-AH!!!” her voice rang through the hall making Kai move away from the pack. “KAAIIIII!!!” she called.

However, her eyes went straight to a white bandage wrapped in his hand and her world came tumbling down. With his gaunt face turning empty, something tells her his weekend was not as happy like she did.

“K-Kai?” she worried.

He never spoke but instantly lunged on her wrapping his arms around her back.

Kai hugged her so tight that she felt her whole body constrict. Even the air she was breathing was almost cut off. Her hands dangled on the side preventing her from hugging him back.

He had his eyes closed the entire time trying to process her touch in his arms, breathing in her sweet scent. He just wanted to see and feel her after all that he’s been through.

“K-Kai… I can’t… breathe…” Yoonmei squirmed.

“Stay still… Please!” a deep sneering voice escaped his throat. “Stay ing still, Yoonmei… I will never hurt you…”

With that, she gave him all the time in the world. His friends watched them from afar, also giving him his time.

Then it sunk into him. She’s right there back in his arms, living and breathing. “Yoon…Mei… You’re back…” he murmured against her hair and loosened his clutch.

Yooonmei circled her arms around him. “Yes Kai… I’m here…”

“God! I miss you!” he whispered.

“I miss you too…” she replied and slightly leaned away, gently pulling his injured hand from her back. “But I wanna know what happened…” he shook his head. “Please?”

Kai refused to talk when it’s the least of his worries anyway. Yoonmei looked over his shoulder and even Daehyun avoided her gaze. She then got the slightest idea who might just be responsible for Kai’s sufferings. “She said something again, didn’t she?” he still kept quiet.

Yoonmei broke away from him and turned back to the entrance.

Kai also moved and ran in front of her. “Where are you going?”

“Give me your keys!” she demanded with an opened palm.

“Mwoh?” his eyebrows furrowed. “W-Why?”

“You’re mom and I need a little chat!” she faked a smile. “Now hand me the keys while I’m still sane enough to not break your other hand!” she threatened.

“No, Yoonmei!” he stood firm.

“Fine!” she side stepped and continued heading out.

Kai rolled his eyes and swiftly grabbed her wrist, pulling her back. “Stop Yoonmei! Don’t do this!”

“Why not?” she raised an eyebrow with arms crossed on her chest. “Tell me why I shouldn’t break her face and rip her filthy little mouth!”

“COZ SHE’S NOT ING WORTH IT!!!” he raged. “I’M TIRED OF IT, YOONMEI!” then he mellowed. “So please… Let it go…”

She took a deep breath, and after swallowing her anger, she held his bandaged hand. “Does it hurt?”

“Not anymore…” he smiled and touched her face with the other. “I’m so happy to see you, Mei!”

“Me too…” she smiled.

Then another pair of arms loosely wrapped around her neck. “I miss you…” Daehyun whispered.

“Awwww~ I miss you too~” she looked over her shoulder.

Zelo and Sehun also joined them and hugged her one by one.

“Aigooo~ Y’all miss me that much, huh?” she chuckled.

“NOOOO!!!” Zelo joked.

“Okay!” she raised her shoulders and left. “Seems like you don’t need me anyway! Pft!”

The youngest caught up with her and placed an arm around her shoulder. “I was just kidding! You seriously believed that?” he shook his head and walk her to class while being followed by his hyungs. “So? How was your weekend?”

‘Oh ! Should I tell them?’ she bit her lip and looked at the floor. ‘Of course! Lying is not good!’ her angel said. ‘And what? Tell them that she went to Hong Kong? That she’s filthy rich?’ the devil opposed and Yoonmei looked up. ‘You guys are not helping! Aish!’ and so they vanished.