Falling

Me VS F4: Finest Four

Hey guys! I'm back! :) Thank you for patiently waiting. Let's get started then.... Have fun! :)

 

Yoonmei finally decided to attend Jaejoong’s party when he never stopped bugging her over the weekend. She spent most of her days preparing for the occasion and racking her brains how to conceal her identity.

The boys however were getting dubious by the day. They would sometimes catch her giggling and smiling from ear to ear while playing with her phone. They even heard her squealing at one point.

Kai and Daehyun started scheming to get her attention so Zelo and Sehun can snatch her phone away, but failed miserably. The leader thought of kneeling to her but his pride and ego won’t let him.

Yoonmei proved to be their greatest adversary by far.

All hope was left in Zelo and until that day comes, she can still enjoy the perks of being a commoner.

One lazy afternoon, Yoonmei was skipping on the hallway when a familiar voice rang in her ears. It’s that same voice where she found herself caught under a spell while throwing a fit on a building’s rooftop. It's that voice which gives shivers and chills - voice that simply moves you and prompts the brain to release dopamine.

“Daehyunnie~” she shrieked like a fangirl.

Yoonmei followed the enchanting sound and found herself hiding behind a wall to peek through the open door. There she saw Daehyun all alone in the biology lab staring down at the tiled table while humming his favorite song. His face was serious yet still has that aura of peace around him.

‘Aigooo~ He’s so handsome and angelic...’ a smile formed on her lips. “Teeheee~”

She craned her neck to see what’s keeping him focused. However, all she can see was a metal tray, so she stood in tippy toes for a closer look.

‘Holy hell!’ she gulped. Her greatest and worst fear stared back into her. Like the cold breath of a grave, her soul seemed to have moved away from her body. Her face became frozen in a glassy gaze of horror. Her stomach turned to ice, freezing her on the spot.

“Yoonmei?” Zelo called but she was too shocked to respond. “Mei?” he tapped her shoulder this time.

That alone got her flustered, making her jump in the spot and lean against the wall with bulging eyes.

“Gwenchana?” maknae asked.

“Neh???” she blinked. “Ermmm… N-Neh!!!”

“Are you sick? Why are you so pale?” he felt her forehead and suddenly grabbed her wrist. “Let’s go inside… You might faint from standing here…”

“NO!” she protested. “Zelo! NOOOO!!!” she staggered behind while trying to pull away from him. “Zelo, please! I’m okay! Just let me go!”

Daehyun saw them and her noticeable scared face. Yoonmei has always been that bold and daring type who never gets scared at anything, so seeing her that way alarmed him. “Zelo-ah! What are you doing with MeiMei?”

“I saw her outside and she seemed sick!” he reasoned.

“Oh really? Bring her over then…” Daehyun grabbed a stool and Zelo yanked her to it.

As soon as her landed on the wooden chair, Yoonmei shut her eyes and fidgeted with her nails. Her nervousness showed when she flinched at Daehyun’s hold on her jaw.

“Mei… Look at me! What’s wrong?” he lightly shook her.

“I can’t…” her jaws quivered.

“Just open your eyes, please? I’m here! I can’t let anything happen to you…” she opened one eye but closed it back in an instant.

“Oh !” she murmured.

Daehyun looked to his side and saw what got her panicking.

A preserved frog inside a jar filled with clear solution, and a tray with another dissected frog, stood a few feet away from them.

Yoonmei has a terrible fear of frogs that even Jaejoong didn’t dare use it against her since it brings out the worst in her.

“Aahhhhh…” Daehyun chuckled. “You’re scared of them, aren’t you?” she nodded hysterically.

“Aigoooo~ Who would’ve thought that the great, Kim Yoonmei can be weakened by a mere frog… Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” Zelo slowly shook his head.

For the first time ever, Yoonmei was effortlessly defeated. “So can I go now?” she sighed.

“Sure!” Daehyun mused and took something from his pocket. “But…” he pinched an almost authentic frog in front of her face. “You’ll have to give this prince a kiss!”

“AAAHHHHHH!!!” Yoonmei screamed at the top of her voice. "What happened to, "I can’t let anything happen to you..." YOU ING JERK!!!"

Zelo covered her ears while Daehyun ran after her when she sprinted out of the lab.

She was running at top speed not knowing where to go or where her feet will take her.

“Mei! Waaiiittt!!!” he called.

“GET THE AWAY FROM ME!!!” she snarled.

Daehyun was left gasping for air while giving an explanation. “I’M SORRY, OKAY??? IT WAS JUST A TOY AND A VERY SICK JOKE!!! I’M SO SORRY, MEIMEI!!!”

Never had she realized that she actually reached an oval with running track around a grass field. When his words sunk into her brain, she stopped and turned with arms crossed and a scowl. “My care factor is actually past the point of zero! Stay the away from me, Jung Daehyun! Our friendship is over!” she ce again and stomped to the middle of the field.

Daehyun was left amused than worried for he knows what kind of nonsense comes out of Yoonmei’s mouth when she’s pissed. *sigh* ‘This girl!’ he smirked and walked slowly while trailing her.

‘I am so gonna tell my brother about this! You are so dead, Daehyun! Urrgghhhh!!!’ she suddenly turned to him. “Why the hell would you even stare and sing at a dead frog? Dude! That's creepy to the highest level!”

‘I knew you can’t stand ignoring me… Hah!’ he bit his lower lip to hold the smile from showing.

Daehyun stopped inches away from her while keeping both hands in his pockets. “Well… Let’s just say, it’s my way of calming my nerves…” he admitted shyly.

“Huh? You’re scared of frogs too?” her jaw dropped.

“Ani! I just can’t stand looking at dead creatures while being used as specimen for human curiosity.” his lips curled up. “Besides, I still have to pass my grades right?”

“Yeah…” she looked down and chuckled.

Then a real live frog croaked just a meter away from her. “AAAHHHHHH!!!” another round of deafening scream trembled out of her pipes.

Daehyun also caught her when she jumped into him and squeeze her arms around his neck.

“Hey… Hey… Relax…” he rubbed her back while she frantically hugged him.

“Daehyun, please! Don’t let it get me!” she panicked and even raised her legs to wrap it around his waist. “Jebal! I’ll do anything! Just don’t let it touch me!”

With that, the poor frog came flying to a far distance when Daehyun kicked it. “There! It’s gone now!”

“J-Jinjja?” she looked over her shoulder while pouting almost in the verge of tears.

‘Awwww~ I never thought how cute her girly side is…’ he thought and an evil smirk formed in his face. “Would you mind getting off me? You’re heavy as !”

Yoonmei still have her arms around him while Daehyun held her firmly through her thighs. She shifted her eyes to him with nothing but irritation. “OH YEAH??? You should spend less time at the gym and more time working on your home works!”

“Aha! So you do admit I have a good body!” he wiggled his eyebrows. “I knew it… You’ve been checking me out all this time…”

“Ugh!” her jaw dropped. “I DO NOT!!!” she then slapped his shoulder. “Put me down!”

“Shireo...” he taunted.

“Oh really?” she squirmed and thrashed her legs in different directions.

“Okay… Okay… Just stay still…” Daehyun chuckled.

As he was about place her down, he lost his footing and slipped. “Sshhittt!” he hissed.

A loud thump came off when Daehyun landed on the ground with his back, clutching Yoonmei’s body securely.

He suddenly held her face, moving it from side to side. “Oh my God! I’m so sorry, Yoonmei! Are you okay?”

“I’m okay... It’s okay…” she also stared at him. “Are you hurt? We can go to the clinic if you want?!”

“Nah… I’m good!” he smiled.

That’s when they knew how awkward their position was.

The girl being on top of the guy, staring at each other as if no one existed around them. His hands held her face as if she was the most breakable person in the world. Her hands held his shoulder as if he was the strongest person she can rely on.

Daehyun has never looked into Yoonmei this close. He can even feel her heart beating against his chest, her stare boiled his blood through his veins. His stomach flipped whenever he sees her. A simple touch of her face sends electric shocks through his body. It was like winning the lottery when she came into his life and made living worthwhile.

“Ermmm…” she looked away. “I think we should go…” she muttered and pushed herself against his chest but he pulled her down.

“Mei?” he looked up to her and couldn’t help but smile with the way her face radiated through the sunlight. ‘She’s so beautiful…’

“Yes?” she asked.

“Why do you make me feel special?” he tucked strands of hair behind her ear. “Why do you have to be concerned about me? Why do you treat me this way?”

She traced the bridge of his nose with a finger. “Coz you're my friend, you idiot!” she faked a scowl.

He gently pulled her face closer to his and stopped before their noses touched. “Can we be more than just friends?”

Right at that moment, Yoonmei forgot how to function. She tried to say something but can't find the words. Her mind just completely went blank as if her intelligence went flying with the frog.

Daehyun on the other hand could almost kicked himself from what he did. He always had feelings for her but never had the courage to say it. A thorn has been removed in his chest and was supposed to feel relieved, but all he felt was regret. ‘God Daehyun! How can you be so careless? Look what you’ve done! She’s either gonna accept it or end up losing her!’ but the latter proved to be more powerful. He can’t lose her, he can’t let it happen.

Yoonmei noticed how his face noticeably fell. His clutched loosened, and his eyes were completely shut.

When opened, he suddenly pressed his thumb onto it. “I’m not asking you to let me be a part of your life, to think of me every single minute...” he shook his head. “...nor to let you feel how I feel. Just let me love you...” he whispered. “…and I’ll be fine.”

“Dae…” she removed his hand. “I wanna say I don’t care but my heart says I do. I wanna say I can live without you but I don't think I can.” her lips curved down. “I hope this doesn’t change a thing between us…”

“Babo!” he knocked her head. “I should be that one saying that!” she grinned. “Seriously Mei, I hope you know by now that someone’s here who love you more than anything in the world!” ‘And God knows how many of us love this twisted girl!’ he smirked. “Can I get a hug?”

“Sing to me first!” she demanded.

“I’ll do it later!” he stretched his arms out. “Now give me my hug!”

“Fine!” she lowered her head and sunk her face in his neck. “This is awkward as hell! I can smell the grass instead of your cologne! Pft!”

“You complain a lot, don’t you know that!” he scoffed and suddenly flipped her over, leaving him on top of her. “How ‘bout now?” he looked down to her.

She pulled him and sniffed his neck. “Mmmmm… Much better!” but then she squirmed. “You’re heavy though…”

“AIISSHHHH!!!” he pulled away and scowled. “When will you ever shut up?”

“Miahn…” she whispered while biting her tongue.

Daehyun snatch the toy from his pocket and raised it again towards her face. “MWEHEHEHE!!!” he laughed in a deeper voice.

“AAAHHHHHH!” she screamed and unknowingly kicked him aside. “I HATE YOU DAEHYUN!!! I SO ING HATE YOU!!!”

Yoonmei ran away while Daehyun ditched the toy and followed her. HAHAHAHA!!! YOONMEI-AH!!! WAIT!!! KEKEKE!”

“GET LOST!!!” she shouted and sprinted away from him.