Lost

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

“We are here right now outside a hospital where the granddaughter of the late Kim Luoyong was brought in critical condition after getting attacked by a group of unknown men.” a lady reporter said.

Together with several journalist, they flocked the hospital just minutes after the incident. “An insider has told us that Kim Yoonmei passed away after suffering severe internal injuries. We also got reports that the mastermind of the attack, Jung Hyeri was also killed by one of Yoonmei-shi’s bodyguards…”

The TV was turned off followed by a monstrous evil cackles from the witch herself

Kai’s mother watched in her lair while sitting behind a desk. She appeared to be satisfied at the outcome of her diabolic plans as she rubbed her palms together. “Told you not to mess with me… Kim Yoonmei!”

----------

Back in the hospital, Sehun and Zelo just happened to pass the reporter and it raged the youngest F4. He grabbed her mic and tossed it on the street. “Do your job properly so you can at least say something relevant! Yoonmei is not dead! You piece of !” he snarled.

Sehun came to his side and pulled him. “Junhong-ah! Relax!”

The reporters swarmed them that they got boxed in.

“What do you mean she’s not dead?”

“Can you please explain it?”

“Is it true that it was Kim Jaejoong who shot Jung Hyeri?”

It rained questions and speculations on them as they squeeze their way.

The bodyguards suddenly came and escorted them in.

“Urgh! How can they even say that?” Zelo clenched his fist. “Yoonmei is in there fighting for her life and they killed her already? How can they be heartless?”

Sehun patted his arm and continued towards the emergency room. “Don’t mind them! We know what’s real anyway…”

Zelo sighed. “Yeah… I hope MeiMei’s fine…”

It’s been an hour already since Yoonmei was brought into the emergency room.

It was the same scene all over again when everyone waited for the doctor to come out, or at least Yoonmei.

Jaejoong hugged his mother who couldn’t stop from being hysterical and panicky, Kris sat on the floor while leaning against the wall and looking at the ceiling, Luhan stood beside Jaejoong and bored a whole on the door, Daehyun joined Sehun and Zelo, and finally, Kai, who had already changed into a pair of skinny jeans and plain white shirt, paced back and forth.

His wrists were wrapped with bandages to relieve the swelling, and his lower lip got a butterfly tape to tie the cut. Aside from that, he got minor scrapes and bruises on his face.

Then, they all snapped when the door opened.

Jaejoong gently held his mom and met with the doctor. “How’s my sister?”

After dropping his head and taking a deep breath, he spoke regretfully. “I’m so sorry Jaejoong-shi! You’re sister is in a coma…”

Hearing that single word crumbled everyone in that area.

Luhan turned and released his anger to a wall. “MEIMEIIIII!!!” he shouted. “FFfffuuuccckkkk!”

Kris and Daehyun turned their backs as well and clasped both hands on their heads while looking up.

Kai couldn’t believe it. He just stood there, speechless and breathless.

Sehun put up a brave face for Zelo who broke down.

And among them all, it was her brother and mother who felt the worse. It was like hearing death for the second time.

Miyung sunk her face in her son’s chest and hurtful sobs escaped her lips. ‘Oh my God! My MeiMei… Yoonmei-ah…’

Jaejoong hugged her tighter and swallowed every pin that’s been hitting his lungs. “I-It means she’s alive, r-right?”

The doctor shook his head. “The hit she got from her head was the fatal blow. Yoonmei-shi is brain dead…”

Jaejoong looked up and took every breath he could. He has to be strong for his mother and for his sister.

The doctor tried to use all comforting words he can think of, but bad news is still a bad news. “Please follow me…” he turned back to the door and Jaejoong followed with his mom in tow.

Kris, Luhan, and Kai also went in.

Their hearts fell when all they can see was an unrecognizable person who was sleeping peacefully. Her face was bloated and purpled. Her tummy was extremely bruised when a nurse wiped that part. Tubes were sticking out in different parts of her body: mouth, nose, chest, wrist, they were everywhere.

“Y-Yoonmei-ah…” her mother went to the bed and carefully embraced her. “Mei… It’s mommy…” she wept.

Kris looked away when he can’t bear watching. He even covered his ears when the beeping sound from a machine grew painful.

“That machine is the one that is keeping her alive….” the doctor told Jaejoong after pointing a ventilator. “Your sister is in a vegetative state… She can’t even respond to pain anymore… ” then he handed him a piece of paper.

Jaejoong’s reaction suddenly shifted. “Are you implying to remove her life support? That we pull the plug?”

“It’s for the best Jaejoong! In my years as a doctor, no one has survived these cases. Spare your sister the misery and pain…” the old man reasoned.

Kai instantly went to his side. “Hyung! Please! Don’t do it! Don’t let them do it!” he shook him. “Jebal!!!”

Jaejoong looked at his mother who kept hugging and whispering at his sister. He knows how much of a fighter Yoonmei is, and even though she was left battered and lifeless, she still has that spark of hope within her.

“Is her heart beating on its own?” he gritted his teeth.

“Ermmm…” the doctor got tongue tied.

Jaejoong’s eyes turned dark and glared at him. “Answer the damn question! Is her heart still beating?”

“Her brain stem is still intact retaining her motor reflexes which includes heart rate so medically, yes...”

“Well there's your ing answer!” he snarled.

“I understand…” the doctor bowed and left.

Jaejoong went to his mother and pulled her. “Mom… MeiMei’s gonna be okay… We’ll just have to be strong for her! She needs us!”

With that, Miyung wiped her tears and everything up. “Hoooo~” she breathe. “Neh! I will…”

Luhan replaced her spot and warmly held Yoonmei’s hand while leaning to her ear. “Mei? It’s me… LuLu…”

Then the chief of police came in.

“Annyeong haseyo sajangnim!” he bowed to Miyung.

After a quick fix of her hair and face,  she turned and bowed back to him. “Do you have everything that I asked you?”

“Neh! It’s all been taken cared of!” he said.

“Good!” she replied. “How about Jaejoong? Is he gonna get arrested for shooting that girl?

“Animida! I took care of it as well!” the policeman blurted.

She placed a hand over her raging chest and took her time to calm herself. She needed to restore her commanding charisma for what’s about to come.

“Kris!” she called. “Are you ready?”

Kris knew what she was referring to so he temporarily removed his anxiety. “Neh!” he nodded.

Miyung walked towards Kai and held his face. “Jongin! I know that you only want to be here, but I need you to come with us. Your mom and I have something to settle."

“Ehh?” he wondered.

Aside from the urge to stay beside Yoonmei, confusion and curiosity started to bug him as well.

But the assurance Miyung gave, made him agree. “O-Okay…”

She then went to her son. “Jae, stay here and take care of your sister, okay?”

“Neh! Get that , mom! Get her hard and make her suffer!” he sneered.

His mother replied with a demonic glare and smirk. ‘It’s about time everyone knows where Yoonmei got her wicked side…’