Scared F4

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

With the sudden appearance of Jaejoong and Junpyo, Yoonmei’s high school life may just get better. The bullying stopped and so did the physical threats. Even the murmurs and gossips gradually vanished; at least that’s what she knows. After all, humans have that tendency to say something especially behind someone’s back.

No one also dared to question her relationship with the two royalties. Whether it’s platonic, friendly, or sibling love, she is clearly not the person to mess with.

The boys of F4 have been particularly attentive to her as well. They would curiously watch her every time she’s being dropped and fetched from school by a mysterious car. Kai had made several attempts to ask her about it, but he always ended up getting ignored or yelled at.

One afternoon, the boys decided to take matters in their own hands. Three sports cars and a super bike paraded through a neighborhood, heading towards Luoyong’s humble abode. Zelo knew where Yoonmei lived after spying on her first day at Shinhwa High.

They all followed the youngest F4 navigating the narrows streets while riding his black Ducati 848. He stopped in front of a wooden door, took off his helmet and pointed the traditional house.

The other three hopped out of their cars and joined him upfront.

Their eyes moved around to scan the premises. “Uwaaa~ She lives here?” Sehun asked.

“Are you sure Junhong?” Kai added.

“Of course! Why else would I be a son of a drug lord if I don’t know this kind of stuff?” Zelo replied.

“Why didn’t you follow the Maserati then?” Daehyun complained.

“I did!” the youngest beckoned, they gawked at him. “But the bastard is slippery as an eel, and he drives like an F1 racer! Pft!” he scoffed.

They knew how annoyed Zelo was especially that racing is his specialty. He spends nights and weekends practicing at a racetrack to beat anyone who challenges him on the streets. He has been unbeatable either on a car or superbike.

Sehun patted his shoulder. “Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Must’ve monkey balls losing in your own game!”

“Shut up!” Zelo faked a punch at him. “I’ll get him, next time!” he rubbed his palms while his lips.

“Yah!” Kai interrupted. “Can we get on with this please?”

The two nodded, so he knocked.

As soon as they heard footsteps drawing near, they each dusted their uniforms and fixed their hairs. Kai was extra nervous and couldn’t help fidget with his fingernails. His butterflies soared leaving him on the verge of throwing up his lunch. ‘This is a lot scary than my mother losing shares at the stock market!’ he blew out an air. ‘Why am I even doing this? This is all your fault! Aish!’

Then the door creaked open.

They stiffened and were left staring wide eyed at an old man.

Luoyong examined each of their faces and body with his cat like eyes. ‘Shinhwa kids… Hmmmm…’ he then looked behind them. Seeing their expensive rides made his eyebrows rise. ‘...and very rich kids…’ then he spoke with his ever deep sneering voice. “What do you want?”

Zelo nudged Sehun, who nudged Kai, who ended up elbowing Daehyun. Without having anyone beside him, Daehyun was left with no choice but to talk. “A-Annyeong haseyo…” he bowed, and so did the three. “Annyeong haseyo~” they spoke with their softest voice.

“I-Is Yoonmei here?” Daehyun stammered.

“Wae???” Luoyong crossed his arms.

Sehun’s knees shook while Zelo could almost pee his pants. ‘I’d rather be in a dungeon with heavily armed mafias than this old man! What have I gotten myself into? Ummmmaaaa~’

“W-We just wanted to see if…” Daehyun gulped. “…she’s okay…”

“WAE???” his voice lowered a tone deeper.

“C-Coz we’re worried for her… Yoonmei is a dear friend…” he forced a smile.

They faltered one step back all at the same time when Luoyong moved one step closer. “Who are you? What are you names? What do you want with my granddaughter? Who are your parents? What do they do for a living?” the questions left the old man’s mouth like bullets of a machine gun.

Daehyun couldn’t take it anymore so he nudged Kai. “Talk! Damn it!” he gritted his teeth.

Being the leader that he is, Kai took responsibility. “I’m Kim Jongin, and my mother is the CEO of Kim Industries…”

Sehun followed introducing himself, then Daehyun. When Zelo’s turn came, he hesitated a lot. Who would want to introduce himself as the son of a druglord in the first place. It is a highly sensitive topic especially for older people.

“I-Im Choi Junhong…” he looked down.

Daehyun felt bad for him especially that all of them share a soft spot for their youngest member. His eyes instantly closed when Zelo continued.

“M-My father is…”

“Harabeoji!” Kris came and squeezed in between Kai and Sehun.

“Wu Fan!” Luoyong’s face lit up and placed an arm around his shoulder. “How’s school?”

“It’s great!” he beamed.

The boys watch them converse rather comfortable with each other. Kris was all smiles while the old man kept ruffling his hair and sometimes pats his shoulder.

“By the way!” Luoyong pointed the group in front of them. “Do you know these guys? They said they’re MeiMei’s friends?”

“Nope!” Kris cocked his head to the side. “I don’t think so, harabeoji! As far as I know, Yoonmei doesn’t have a single friend at school!”

“Jinjja? Aigoo~ My poor granddaughter!” he sighed and faced F4. “Don’t show your faces here ever gain! I don’t care who you are, or what your parents do, coz I’m a lot worse than any of them!” he turned. “Kris! Take care of them!” Luoyong walked back to the house.

As soon as the old man disappeared, Kai instantly grabbed Kris’ collar. “Mwoh? You don’t know us? How ‘bout if I make you remember?”

Kris' lips formed into a smirk while his eyes turned into slits. “Really? Should I be scared now?” he pushed him making Kai fall back. Good thing, Daehyun and Sehun caught him. “Be thankful I didn’t tell him how much you made his granddaughter suffer! People like you are the reason why we have middle fingers! You guys are hopeless!”

“Well, FFF YOU TOO!!!” Kai retaliated.

After a warning glare, Kris stepped back and slammed the door.

“Jongin! Let’s just go!” Daehyun held his shoulder. “I don’t think Yoonmei’s here anyway…”

“How do you know?” Zelo interrupted.

Daehyun smirked. “If she was here, we would be going home with a black eye for sure!” Daehyun chuckled. “I don’t think she would be pleased to see us!” they laughed.

That’s all it took to remove all of Kai’s anger. Seeing an image of her, throwing a tantrum and swinging her fists at their faces was very entertaining for him.

He looked down and smiled. ‘You will be the reason behind my insanity… Kim Yoonmei…’