In Dreams

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Yoonmei agreed to meet up with Luhan at a fancy restaurant in their building for dinner. Fortunately for her, Jaejoong went shopping so she was left unguarded and peaceful.

They sat face to face in a corner of a subtle, lightly dimmed room with soft jazz music in the background. Fine china glassware and flatware filled the table and a beautiful rose centerpiece added a romantic touch.

“Do you really have to go?” Luhan asked while waiting for their food.

“Yeah… I have school and a promise to fulfill… to my parents.” she forced a smile.

“To your parents? Or to someone else?” he side eyed her.

Her eyebrows furrowed in intrigue. “What are you talking about? You’re crazy, Luhan!” she shook her head.

‘Tch! This girl is such a bad liar!’ he thought. “Yah… One thing you should know about me is I can see through people…” he narrowed his eyes.

“Ewwww~ Creepy much!” she leaned away from him.

“Seriously…” he crossed his arms on the table. “I know that someone is waiting for you. You’re an amazing girl, Yoonmei! The bad temper is there, but you truly are…” she smirked so he reached out to her hand. “And it’s not impossible for someone to like you…” ‘That includes me…’

Yoonmei saw his smile disappear. Even his eyes turned grave.

Luhan looked down and his grip on her hand became tighter. Fear started eating him and he’s just about to be devoured whole.

“Hey…” she shook their tangled hands. “What’s wrong? Tell me…”

“I’m…” he took a deep breath and stared back into her eyes. “I’m afraid that if I let you go, I won’t see you ever again…” ‘Call it selfish, but I can’t let anyone have you…’ he softly held her face with his other hand. “Mei… Please don’t go…”

Her heart sank like boulder. Seeing that once radiant and forever smiling face turned damaged was nothing but painful.

Yoonmei can’t bear seeing Luhan break but she has no other choice. “I’m so sorry…” he dropped his hand on the table, and his eyes slowly closed.

She was crushed. What’s remaining of her willpower was all she could hold on to.  “Hey… LuLu…” Yoonmei left her seat and kneeled in front of him. She shifted his chair but he kept his head down with elbows on his knees. “Look at me, please?” she pleaded and he slightly lifted his head. “Listen to me…” she raised herself up and cupped his face. “If there will be a time you might miss me, don’t think about it. Just try to feel it with your heart...” she said. “I am always there, I never left. Okay?”

That’s all it took to relieve him from all the worry and fear in his chest. “Mhmmm…” he took another breath and softly pinched her cheek. “But don’t be surprised if one day, you see me in your doorstep…” then his smile came back.

“Tch! And don’t be surprised as well if you see where I live. Kekeke~” she snickered.

“Huh? What do you mean?” his eyebrows furrowed.

“You’ll see…” she stood up but Luhan pulled him back down.

“Let’s take a picture...” he suddenly yanked her to his lap and took out his phone.

Yoonmei got an instant run of hot flushes, leaving her flustered and stiff. ‘Snap out of it, Mei! You’re embarrassing yourself!’

“Hey! Relax! We’re just taking a picture together!” he snorted. “It’s not like I’m you or anything!”

“Excuse me?!” she gawked and her palm landed on his head.

“OW!” he rubbed the spot. “I’m sorry! I was just kidding!” he laughed.

“Take the God damn picture, already!” she scowled.

“Okay! Come here!” he pulled her closer to his face and they pressed their cheeks together. As soon as he felt her smiling, he raised his phone and counted. “One… Two… Three…” he planted a kiss on her cheek.

Yoonmei pulled away and held the burning spot.

“Give me your phone…” he said but she was too shocked to react so he snatched her phone from the back pocket of her jeans. “This should let anyone in Korea know what you’ve been up to lately… Mwahahaha~” he waved a hand on her paled face. “Hello??? Kim Yoonmei???” an evil smile formed on his face after. “Should I kiss you again?”

Then she snapped. “Aish!” she pushed him and went back to her chair. “All guys are jerks! Pft!”

“Here’s your phone!” he tossed it on the table.

Yoonmei grabbed her phone and melted at the image of her new wallie. It was the selca where she smiled oh-so brightly while Luhan planted a soft kiss on her cheek with eyes closed. His face was so serene as if it was the best thing in the world.

*Wo de bao bei.* the caption reads. ‘Awwww~’ she peeked at his phone and it also has the exact same thing.

Luhan pulled his chair facing her and leaned slowly towards her lips. “I'll come and meet you in your dreams…" he whispered. "...every night…” he tilted his head. “And every time you close your eyes…” and parted his lips.

Yoonmei’s eyes fluttered while gripping onto the chair's arm rest.

After taking a deep breath, she waited for their lips to touch. And waited, and waited.

She grew curious and decided to slowly open her eyes. That’s when he saw him eye smiling just an inch away from her face. “I knew it… You’ve been fantasizing about me, haven’t you?” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Fantasize, my ! Well, you!” she kicked his foot and he pulled away with an amused smile.

“URGH!!! I ing hate you, Luhan!” she stood and started to leave. “Go to hell!”

Luhan ran after her and gave her back hug. “Hahaha~ Dui bu qi! You’re just too cute!”

“I’m not a puppy! You retard!” she hissed and refused to face him.

“Awwww~ I’m so gonna miss you, MeiMei!” he spun her around and kept his arm around her waist. “Forgive me… Please?” he pouted.

“Whatever…” she rolled her eyes.

“I need my hug! Come here…” he tightened his embrace, and she also squeezed him. “I’m gonna miss you so, so much!”

“Me too…” she murmured.

----------

Their flight arrived in the morning leaving with her with no less than 3 hours of sleep. She immediately showered and changed into her uniform, marking the come back of her simple life.

“Grandpa? I’ll go ahead!” she yelled.

“Neh! Have fun at school!” he replied from the kitchen.

“I will!”

Just as she stepped out of the wooden gate, she saw her grandfather’s most trusted assistant a few houses away from her. “KRIS!!!” she waved excitedly.

He jogged upon hearing her voice. “Wow! It seemed like you had fun and dropped a few pounds of iness!” he snorted.

“MWOH???” she fumed and faked a kicked on his knee, so he moved one step back. “Forget it! Aish!” she stomped while walking ahead of him.

“Maybe not… Kekeke~” he snickered.

Just like he always do, Kris followed her from behind on the way to school. He would hurl daggers of stare at every guy who checked Yoonmei without her knowing. He never even failed to stay at the danger side every time they cross the street.

“KRIS!!!!” she yelled.

“WHAT???” he replied with an annoyed tone.

“What are you doing back there? GET OVER HERE!!!” she demanded. “Or I’ll tell grandpa how much you at protecting me!” she laughed soflty.

He stopped and scratched his head. “I swear! Something’s wrong with her!”

“YAAHHHH!!!” trembled. “I said get over here! PPALLIIII!”

“Aish! Once a witch, always a witch!” he sighed and run up to her. “What???” he scowled.

“Nothing!” he suddenly linked their arms. “Gaja!!!” and pulled him.

Kris couldn’t take it anymore so he held her shoulders while facing her. “Seriously Yoonmei! What’s going on?”

“I said nothing!” she laughed but his face was nothing but serious. “Look… Let’s just say that people change… That’s it…” she cocked her head to the side. “Does that answer your question?”

“N-Neh…” he nodded. ‘I’m so happy, Yooonmei!’ “Let’s go!” he blew out an air.