Unexpected

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

While Jaejoong drove, Yoonmei spent the whole time smirking and fiddling with her Iphone. If not for her inaudible curses and whines, it would’ve been another silent trip for the two siblings.

“What’s getting you all worked up over there?” he grew curious.

“Mind your own business and keep driving.” she continued. “I don’t wanna die in this bloody country!”

Her brother sighed. ‘If this keeps up, we’ll just get into another argument…’ With that, he took her suggestion and kept his eyes on the road instead.

Jaejoong stepped on the gas and the engine roared. They ran past several cars through the traffic, switching lanes from time to time. Tall buildings appeared blurry at how fast he went, and a woman’s skirt flew as the car zoomed.

‘Dang! Jaejoong is a great driver! I give him that!’ her lips arched followed by a slight nod. ‘Not bad at all! Tch!’

He slowed down upon reaching a narrow one-way street making the SUV’s caught up. Yoonmei looked around and started to grow curious and a lot worried.

What she expected to enter an exclusive district with huge houses and mansions, turn out to be a row of traditional houses called hanok. ‘What the hell?’ She straightened up and looked over at the side mirror, then the windshield, and the back.

“Something wrong?” her brother asked.

“N-Nothing…” she sat back nervously.

Then they stopped.

Yoonmei watch Jaejoong removed his seatbelt and jumped out of his car. He walked around then ended up on the door on her side and opened it.

“What?” she looked up to him and he gestured his hand as if making way for her. “I’m sorry but I’m definitely not in the mood to take a stroll and take pleasure in staring at lame houses.” she scorned

Jaejoong smirked. “And I’m sorry coz one of this lame houses will be your house! Now move your out of my car!”

“Hell no!” she crossed her arms and pierced a stare at the windshield. “Nah-uh! Pigs will fly before I leave this ing car!”

“How ‘bout if I send you flying into grandpa’s house?” he threatened.

“Make me!” she taunted.

Her brother was left with no choice but resort to his last option which is always his favorite, wrestling. He removed his blazer and placed it on the hood of his car. “Just so you know, I have a higher rank than you in Karate plus a black belt in Aikido!” he proudly admitted.

After stretching his arms up and bend his head from side to side, he opened the door wider and moved in. “Oh how I miss doing this with you, MeiMei!” he swiftly took her seatbelt and grabbed her by the waist.

“YAH!!! JAEJOONG!!!” she fought hard while hysterically thrashing her legs and fists in different directions as long as she hits him. “AHHHHH!!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs disturbing the entire neighborhood.

“God Yoonmei! Since when can you be so loud?” Jaejoong laughed while dragging her out.

One of the guards opened the wooden door and he went it. Their parents followed them with an amused grin in their faces.

“LET ME GOOOOO!!! AHHHHH!!!” trembled.

“KIM! YOON! MEI!” a commanding voice roared like a thunder, and she instantly stopped. “Kim Jaejoong! Put your sister down!” he added.

“Joesonghamnida harabeoji!” he said and lowered Yoonmei.

Their grandfather is warm, loving, firm and straightforward. He has a way of accepting whatever comes his way with no more than a shrug. His deep faith carried him through what life had to offer. With great drive and determination, he managed to put up a restaurant that later blossomed into a very successful businesses in Hong Kong but he never forgot his roots. That’s why he chose to live a simple life rather than the lavish one.

At the age of 80, he seldom gets sick. Yoonmei's dad would sometimes do pull ups and jog with him. He has a small garden where he grew cherry tomatoes that would just melt in your mouth. He is by far an amazing man, with hands and a heart larger than life itself.

Together with his parents, Jaejoong bowed 90 degrees. His sister however, remained standing, scrunching her face while looking around at how she dreaded the whole place. The roof was made out of straw and the pillars were from thick wood. Walls were made of mud while windows and doors are pasted with polished paper.

Jaejoong reached up to the back of her head and pressed it down until she reached 90 degrees. “What happened to your manners?” he said through his teeth.

“I left it in Hong Kong!” she hissed.

“You two! Stop it!” the old man warned, white haired almost balding, lots of wrinkles, tall and tan, with a thick and bristly mustache.

All four of them straightened up and went to a vacant room. There they sat on the wooden floor with teas on a small table. “Abeoji, I hope you won’t mind having Yoonmei over.” her father said.

“Not at all, Changhee! I’ve been meaning to spend more time with my granddaughter!” he looked at Yoonmei who has her attention to her phone. “So? MeiMei!” he smiled. “I hope it’s okay with you living with your grandpa in this house.”

“Woah! Hold up!” she looked at him. “You’re saying that I’m staying here?” they all nodded. “Like seriously?” they nodded again. “Is this place even safe? It seems like a storm can eat everything up in just a minute!” she said.

“That’s the least of your problems sweetheart!” her mom patted her back.

She ignored and continued interrogating her grandather. “Why the hell are you even living here? You’re the richest man in this country for all I know!”

“Watch the language missy!” her mom pointed a finger.

“It’s okay Miyung!” the grandpa said and faced Yoonmei. “You’ll find out about it later on…”

She rolled her eyes and plugged her earphones. ‘URRRGGHHHHH!!! W@!%$F&J#’ she mentally threw a fit.

After her parents and Jaejoong conversed with the old man, they all stood and started leaving. Yoonmei remained in her spot, not even planning on saying goodbye to them.

“Dad, just be patient with her, okay? She can be a major headache and a pain in the !” her father said.

“Don’t worry about it son! I’m pretty sure you’re far more of a headache than her!” the old man chuckled.

“We’ll go ahead then! Let us know if something comes up! I know there will be!” he added. “Jaejoong will also visit you if he’s free.”

“Yeah! Yeah! Just go! You’ll be late for your flight!”

As they exchanged hugs, a bodyguard came with a large pink suitcase. Yoonmei saw it and kept looking behind him. “That’s it? Where’s my other stuff?”

“At home! Wae?” her mom blurted.

“Wait! How long will I be staying here again?” she asked.

“I dunno… Maybe… Until you learn to behave?”

Yoonmei rolled her eyes and crawled to her luggage. The shock of her life greeted her when the contents were beyond her imagination.

She rummaged her clothes and shoes, and ended up throwing it everywhere. “Holy Versace! Where’s my McQueen? My Balmain? MOM???” she dropped her shoulders and at the verge of crocodile tears.

“I’m sorry sweetie! No more of that from now on… Not even your Aston Martin.”

“WHAT??? Daaaaddddd???” she looked at him.

“Sorry sweetheart! You'll only get them with every good deed you make!” he replied.

“You gotta be ting me right?” she fumed.

Her parents regretfully shook their heads.

“URRGGGHH!!! I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!” she stormed out of the room.

Jaejoong also turned to their parents. “Mom! Dad! I still have my McLaren at home, let her have it!”

“No Jaejoong! She has to learn!” his dad said and held his shoulder. “And promise me not to tolerate her! We are doing this for her own good!”

He heaved a deep sigh and pouted. “Okay… I promise…”

“Watch over your sister and grandpa!” his mom added.

“Yes mom!”

“Now go!” the old man interrupted. “I’ll take care of MeiMei!”

And so they left…