The Encounter

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Gossip and false information spread faster than The Flash himself, and the more it goes from person to person, the more it becomes shadier. The entire student population assumed that Yoonmei comes from a poor family. Consequently, she was labeled as the “weed” of the school.

It was lunch break when she decided to check her locker. She read the number on a piece of paper the principal gave her while walking on a row of red lockers. ’151, 152, 153… 154! Here we are!’ she stopped and turn the circular lock with a combination.

Just as she took her backpack to place it in, loud screams and giggle rang through the hall. ‘What the…’ she looked around.

Yoonmei instantly squinted when a blinding light caught her sight. Four tall figures were walking, more like gracefully striding towards her. They were literally glowing as if they were gods who stepped down from Mt. Olympus. The one in the middle who lead the others was extremely attractive and charming. He was a bit tanned with perfect brown eyes. The three who trailed him were equally handsome guys with irresistible aura.

They ended up turning the entire school into fashion runway, carrying themselves really well in suits and furs with so much finesse and demeanor. A large mass of girls followed them with twinkling eyes and gaping mouths, and could almost fall on their knees.

A girl who was holding a chocolate frosted doughnut tripped and dropped it on the the leaders jacket.

"YAH! AISH!" he snarled.

The girl immediately kneeled and pressed her palms together. "I'm so sorry, Kai-shi! I didn't mean it!" she started crying as well, but ended up falling on the floor when he shoved her aside.

‘Are they some of kind of cult or something? Tch!’ Yoonmei shook her head, and as the crowd passed, she suddenly grabbed a random student by his collar. “Who are they?”

“F…F4! They rule the school!” he stuttered. “That’s their leader, Kai…” he pointed. “Then the one in white is Daehyun!” he pointed again. “That’s Sehun, and Zelo! They’re the F-Finest Four!”

‘Seriously? They’re just average people who thought furs are cool! Puhleaasseee!’ “F4 my ! More like the Faggest Four!” she chuckled.

Then the leader stopped. Just like her, Kai’s hearing is at its best when it comes to trash talks. He walked back and stood in front of her.

“Yah! Let go of me!” the student whispered and begged, so she released him.

Yoonmei found herself standing in front of F4’s leader, almost leveling his gaze. He was just 2 inches taller than her. His eyes were set on her and she happily reutrned the favor with a raised eyebrow.

“What did you say?” Kai asked.

“Which part?” she looked away for a bit, then back to him. “F4 my ?” the hall gasped. “Or… The Faggest! Four?” she emphasized the word.

Kai smirked, Zelo gawked, Daehyun looked confused at her, while Sehun leaned closer to his leader. He whispered something to him which she obviously didn’t hear.

“Ahhhh!” Kai mused and examined her. “The new girl eh?”

Yoonmei saluted and crossed her arms on her chest.

“And definitely got an attitude! Interesting!” he added.

“I’m glad that my existence proved to be worthwhile, you’re very much welcome!” she eyesmiled and turned to close her locker but it was slammed right in front of her.

Kai swiftly grabbed her cheeks with one hand and pushed her against the metal flap. “You’ll regret saying that to me and making fun of F4!" he sneered.

His friends were shocked at his actions, even the students surrounding them were left whimpering.

Aside from her fighting skills, Yoonmei has other means of retaliating. There's no better way to take an opponent down a peg than to outwit them. She has been really good at insulting people and never looked like an idiot during arguments.

She shoved Kai’s hand and pushed him so hard making him tumble to his friends. “I’m sorry! I couldn’t hear anything! Try talking a lot less girly coz all I heard was, “Blah! Blah! Blah! I'm an ! I’m gay!”

The eavesdropping student’s slapped their foreheads. It was either good or bad. Good, since F4 finally found their match. Bad, since she will be in a whole lot of trouble.

It struck a nerve within another member and immediately lost his temper. Zelo pulled Kai back and planted both hands on the locker just beside Yoonmei’s ears. They were inches away from each other's faces that she can already feel his warm breath fanning her upper lip. His eyes were so dark that she actually saw his sincerity. His deep seething voice also knocked some sense into her. “How dare you talk to us like that? You’ve only been here for half a day and you’re already going around threatening people? Don’t be so full of yourself! Being conceited will get you nowhere!”

She swallowed hard at the realization, but given her larger than life ego, she remained firm. “Don’t talk as if you know me!” she hissed. “But don’t worry, I’ll take that into consideration!”

She snatched her backpack and ducked under his arm to leave.

After all that has happened, Yoonmei decided to ditch her remaining classes and head home. But as she reached the empty gates, an arm slipped around her neck. “MeiMei!!!”

She knew who it was even without looking. “Sup Jae…” she said in monotone.

'Ehh?' Her brother knew as well that something is wrong. If she’s normal, he would’ve been blocking all her hits and covering his ears from all her yells.

He held her shoulders and shifted her from side to side. “Yah! What happened? Did someone hurt you?”

“Nothing… I just wanna go home…” she looked down to the ground. “Can you… take me home?” she shyly requested.

‘Aigooo~ Now I’m feeling bad for her! My baby sister must’ve suffered a lot…’ “Of course! Let’s go!” he suddenly turned and bent his knees.

“Ehh? Where’s your car?” she asked.

“I left it at grandpa’s house!” he grinned.

She took his arm and pulled him up. “Let’s just walk then!”

“Shireo! I’m taking you home like I always do! C’mon!” Jaejoong yanked her back.

“But Jaaeeee???”

“Wae? Are you shy that someone might see us and tease you about it?” he chuckled.

“No! I’ll break their necks if they do that! Tch!” she smirked. “It’s just that…” she scratched her nape. “I’ve already grown and gained a lot of weight…”

“Babo! Do you think I’m a weakling? C’mon!” he beckoned. “Besides, you’re skinny as a stick! I don’t think you’re heavy!”

Yoonmei gave up and hopped on his back. “Fine!”

“Now tell me what happened!” Jaejoong started heading home.

“It’s nothing! I’m tired!” she then laid her head on his back.

Jaejoong sighed and  looked ahead. ‘Yoonmei-ah… Miahnae… This is the least that I can do for now. But I promise! I will be here to protect you no matter what! You will get through this with me on your side!’