Uncovered

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Kai couldn’t stop himself from moving. Although he was heading straight into a pack of lions, he mustered every strength and courage just to be with her.

Yoonmei has that deadly effect on him. She was a force that could either make or break him into pieces.

At that point, Kai already wore a white mask ala Phantom of the Opera. He squeezed through the crowded dance floor and enchanting forest. Jaejoong and Junpyo saw him and they both moved to block his path.

“You seem lost, Jongin!” Junpyo stood firmly with arms crossed.

“Aren’t you supposed to party with your friends over there!” Jaejoong nodded towards the three in a corner.

“H-Hyung… Miahnaeyo…” Kai dipped his head. “I hope it’s not too much to ask your sister for a dance…” he bowed to Jaejoong.

“What made you think I’ll let you?” the protective brother was put to the test. “I introduced her earlier to show everybody how lucky I am to have her, not for someone to feast on!” he sneered. “She’s not the person to play with, Jongin!” he threatened.

Kai looked up to him and fought his way through. “Hyung, I understand where you’re coming from, but I will never do anything to disappoint you.” he reasoned.

“Aigooo~” Jandi appeared in front of the two older guys. “Both of you need to relax!” and faced Kai. “I think Jongin is harmless!” she ruffled his hair. “It’s okay… You can go and ask her! Just make sure you won’t do anything to my dongsaeng or you will see how worse I am than your hyungs. Araseo?” Jandi flashed him an eyesmile.

“Y-Ye Jandi noona… “ Kai bowed once again. “Kamsahamnida…”

She turned and pushed Junpyo’s shoulder. “MOVE!!!”

Her husband left scratching his head while Jaejoong remained in his spot still glaring at Kai.

She rolled her eyes and dragged him after grabbing the back of his collar. “Let’s go Jae!”

“I’m watching you, Kai!” the brother threatened with a hand gesture.

Kai breathe out a huge air and approached Jihoo and Yoonmei. They were giggling at each other when someone tapped on his shoulder. “Hyung? May I dance with her?”

Yoonmei took a deep gulp when she saw Kai standing behind Jihoo. She looked at her partner’s eyes who leaned so close that his lips brushed her earlobes. “It’s okay… I’m not a selfish man, Yoonmei…”

In his line of sight, it seemed like Jihoo is kissing Yoonmei. Kai felt a twinge in his chest turning his hands into fists.

He can’t explain it but the reaction he’s having is the same reaction he’s having every time Yoonmei is with other guys at school.

‘She’s not Yoonmei, Jongin! You’re just thinking too much!’ he mentally convinced himself.

Jihoo pulled away and Kai replaced his spot.

Yoonmei gripped her gown and bowed to him as well.

Even though there's probably a few inches between their faces, there was nothing between them, not even air. He could see right through her eyes. He could even feel the music traveling from his ears to his feet. When Kai took her hand and held her waist, everything fit like pieces of a puzzle. The chances that she is not the same person grew slimmer, and that alone gave him the confidence he needed.

“Do I know you by any chance?” he asked.

‘! I’m so sorry, Kai! It’s not that I don’t wanna dance with you, it’s just that the situation is a bit complicated… I’m so sorry…’ she stopped moving and bowed. “Dui bu qi~ Wo bu dong~”

Kai was taken aback. He was clearly convinced that she was Yoonmei but the Chinese part was unexplainable.

“Ermmm…” he also bowed to her. “I’m sorry if I disturbed you… I’ll take my leave…” he moved back and went to his friends.

Jaejoong on the other hand rushed to her and pulled her out of the dance floor. “What happened? What did he tell you?”

“Nothing… He asked me if we know each other, and I said, I don’t understand what he's saying…in Mandarin.” she dropped her head on her brother’s shoulder. “Jae… This is getting out of hand. I’m just digging my own grave with this whole hiding thing…”

Jaejoong hugged her and rubbed her back. “It’s okay, sis… We’ll figure it out, okay?”

“Yeaahhhh…” she pulled away from him and went to a different direction. “I need a drink…”

“I’ll allow you but take it easy, araseo?” he warned and called his friend. “Jihoo-ah! Can you watch her for me, please?”

“You don’t have to ask, bro!” he replied after strutting to him.

Jihoo followed her to the bar and took a seat at the stools.

Kai joined his friends and slumped on one of the chairs. He crossed his arms on the table and sunk his face in it while racking his brains from any answers.

“Hyung!” Zelo shook him. “Wae?”

“It’s not her… She is not Yoonmei! That girl speaks a different language! Aish!” he murmured.

They joined him moping as well.

The four guys were left shattered when that spark of hope completely vanished.

“This is hopeless…” Zelo sighed.

Daehyun suddenly raised his head and frantically shook his leader. “Yah! Jongin!”

“WHAT???” he snarled.

“Did you say a different language?” Kai nodded. “What language?”

Their leader scratched his head and flicked his finger. “I think it’s Mandarin! Yes! Mandarin!”

“You idiot! Yoonmei speaks Mandarin!” Daehyun blurted and they all averted their attention to him. “She sometimes talks to Kris in Mandarin, remember?”

Kai slapped his forehead and immediately looked around.

She was nowhere in sight so they all stood to scan the area.

That’s when Sehun saw Jihoo carrying a tipsy Yoonmei bridal style while being trailed by Jaejoong. “There!” he pointed towards the exit.

They scrambled out of the grand ballroom and followed them.

Her brother grabbed a bottle of water on the way out. “Jihoo-ah! You can take the Maserati coz I’ll be driving the Porsche! Just follow me going to grandpa’s house!”

“Okay!” he replied.

They stopped in front of the sports cars and Jaejoong opened the door. Jihoo then lowered Yoonmei and took off her mask. “Mei?” he tapped her cheek and snatched the bottle from her brother. “Drink this…” he raised the water to and she drank.

The four of them hid behind the bushes and popped their heads to take a peek.

“Holy mother of God! It is Yoonmei!” Zelo covered his gaping mouth.

They also saw Jaejoong rush to the Porsche while Jihoo took off his blazer and covered her with it. He then jogged to the driver seat and started the engine.

“Oh.my.God! Jihoo sunbae is the owner of the Maserati…” Sehun pointed.

Kai and Daehyun didn’t know how to react. They were left dumbfounded, not knowing what to do next.