Secrets

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Yooonmei and the Finest Four got along really well. They spent lunch together and would always fight who gets to eat her lunchbox. She later decided to have them take turns in the little feast Luoyong prepared for her.

They also went back to the library for tutoring. The boys gradually improved their spots in the school ranking. Kai still didn’t get any support from his mother but having his friends and Yoonmei was more than enough for him.

It also became a habit for them to stay at her house during weekends. What was once a group of party animals has suddenly turned into home buddies who find joy in gardening and studying.

Luoyong also grew attached with F4’s maknae who always gets his tummy filled with cherry tomatoes. He would cook for him and sometimes scolds Yoonmei when she snaps at his pranks.

One afternoon, they decided to study at Luoyong’s cozy house. They were in their usual spots that overlooks the garden. Sehun and Zelo sprawled on the floor to read Homer’s biography, while Yoonmei sat crossed leg and taught Art Appreciation to Kai and Daehyun.

F4’s leader was getting frustrated at the dizzying colors and lines he had to stare at. “Why do we have to study this anyway? I don’t even understand half of this !” he tossed his book away.

“That’s why you’re studying it, !” she hissed and slapped his arm. “Get it back! Or I’ll let you eat the pages!”

Kai scowled but was left surrendering at her whines. “Aish!”

That’s how their relationship has been. Kinda like Tom and Jerry. Kai being the cat who gets abused by a badass mouse.

Daehyun on the other hand enjoys her good side. He gets treated like a prince because he’s always been the calmest among all of them.

Yoonmei slipped a plain white paper and pencil in front of Kai. “Draw something!”

“I don't know how to draw!” he slipped it back.

She picked up the pencil and gave it to him. “Draw!!!”

“Told you I don't know!” he refused.

Yoonmei threw the pencil and turned her back.

He slowly closed his eyes and took a deep breath. ‘Patience Kai… Patience…’ “Okay! Fine!” she faced him again. “I'll draw!” he took the pencil and also the paper. “If only people know how much I'm being bullied right now… Shame on me! I’m Kim Jongin, y’know?”

She ignored him.

Kai took forever doodling on the sheet of paper. He even laid on his stomach when it demanded a lot of focus.

Yoonmei on the other hand was ogling at Daehyun’s masterpiece. He only didn’t have an angelic voice but also filled with creative juices. “Uwaaaa~” she gawked.

“Done!” Kai raised his paper.

She snatched it and scrutinized the leader’s work of art. Kai sat up and watch her eyes grew big and his mouth turn into an ‘o’. “What do you think?”

“PWAHAHAHA!!!” she burst into laughter. “Dude! It’s ugly! HAHAHA!!!” she laughed so hard that she fell on her side.

“What?” he snatched it back. “It’s not so bad…” he then passed it to Daehyun. “Right?”

Daehyun took it and after getting a closer view of his drawing, he also laughed. “Sorry man… Kekeke~”

“Is that a bear or a panda?” Yoonmei snickered.

“It’s a dog and his name is Monggu!” Kai sneered.

Another round of boisterous laugh came off her. “HAHAHA! A mutated dog perhaps!?”

“Mwoh???” he scowled and grappled her like Jaejoong usually does to her. “How dare you say that to my dog?! Monggu is cute!”

“It is ugly!” she laughed and choked at the same time. “Grandppaaaaa! Kai is hurting me!”

Daehyun stood when Luoyong came with a tray of sandwiches and juices. “You two! Stop that!” followed by light tap on Yoonmei’s thigh with his foot. “Be nice to Kai! He did his best drawing that bear…”

Daehyun and Yoonmei snorted.

“Harabeoji… It’s a dog…” Kai released her and crawled towards the food.

“Oh! Then dog it is…” the old man grinned. “Break time! Come and get your snacks!” he yelled.

Sehun and Zelo closed their books and also crawled towards them.

“Mmmm! Harabeoji! Jjang!” Zelo raised both thumbs.

“But of course! It’s my grandpa you’re talking to!” Yoonmei bragged. “A whole chain of restaurants can prove that!” she immediately pressed her lips together.

“A what?” Kai slowly chewed.

“AH!!!” Luoyong waved his hands. “She meant a restaurant I used to work for…” he smiled and she blew out an air.

After having a break, the maknaes went to the garden and played around. Daehyun and Yoonmei later joined them as well.

Luoyong noticed Kai staring at his granddaughter, and with that kind of stare, he knew someone is smitten over his favorite girl in the world. “Kai?”

“Neh?” he turned to face him.

“Be honest with me okay?” he nodded. “Do you get mad with MeiMei if she calls you names, hits you, laughs at you, or plainly making fun of you?”

Kai chuckled and shook his head. “No, I don’t… I know how good Yoonmei is as a person and I like her for that!” he looked back at her who was secretly hurling pebbles at Sehun’s back. “I think it’s just her playful side.”

Luoyong felt relieved hearing him and patted his shoulder. “Thank you, Kai! I’m happy to know that I can depend on someone like you…”

“It’s nothing, harabeoji. It’s the least I can do for sharing your granddaughter with us.” he bowed.

That was the first time Luoyong saw how genuine and sincere Kai is. But the fact that his mother pays no attention to him was unacceptable especially when he knows her dark past. “Kai?”

“Yes?” he faced him once again.

“There will come a time that life will test your faith and trust in people around you…” he firmly held his shoulder. “I want you to promise me that you will never let it stop you.”

“Huh? W-Wae???” Kai’s eyebrow almost met.

“It’s nothing… Just take it as an old man’s wise words…” he grinned.

Kai instantly smiled and raised his chest. “Of course, harabeoji! I am Kim Jongin! I will never give up!”

“Good!” Luoyong ruffled his hair.

They continued conversing until the day ended.

----------

The following day, all five of them walked towards the exit since they just finished another stressful tutoring session.

Yoonmei walked in between Daehyun and Zelo while Kai and Sehun trailed from behind. They were laughing at Sehun’s green jokes when she spotted a white car, parked just behind F4’s cars.

‘What is Jaejoong doing here?’ she looked up for a bit. ‘Ahhhh! Must be for his coming birthday.’ she giggled and started running. “Guys! I’ll go ahead! See you tomorrow, okay?”

“Yah! Kim Yoonmei!” Kai yelled. “I’m supposed to take you home!” he added but she sprinted away.

“Hyung! Someone’s here to do that already!” Zelo pointed at the tinted Maserati.

“I’m starting to get pissed at whoever drives that!” Kai narrowed his eyes to it.

“Tch! At least you’re jealous over a car!” Daehyun complained. “Dude! I’ve been dreading her ing phone for days now!” he sneered. “It’s like her holy grail! She won’t leave without it! She won’t even let it out of her sight!”

“You noticed?” Sehun mused. “I thought I was the only one!” his shook his head.

Kai tapped his chin as they watch the car swerve in reverse and out of the parking lot. “Yoonmei has been keeping something from us! We gotta find out!” he faced their maknae. “Zelo-ah! You know what to do!”

“I got this hyung! The CIA ain’t got on my connections!” he rubbed his palms with an evil smirk.

----------

“Hey sis!” Jaejoong greeted as soon as she closed the car door.

“What brought you over? Your birthday is still a week away…” she remarked while securing her seatbelt.

“Awww~ You remembered!” he giggled.

“Yeah! Yeah! Now what?” she sat comfortably.

Jaejoong revved the engine and left. “Well… I’m hosting a huge party and you’re coming right?”

“Duh!” she rolled her eyes.

“The thing is, it's kinda like the governor’s ball we attended in Hong Kong…” she listened attentively. “Which means only the younger generations are allowed to go... Junpyo and Jandi will be there, my A-list friends, even some of the rich kids from Gangnam!”

“So?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Which also means that F4 will be there!” he side eyed her. “Your F4…”

Her jaw dropped in an instant but snapped back. “I’m not going then!” she formed an X with her hands. “Nah-uh! I’ll have your gift delivered or just party by myself in your house!”

“Idiot!” he poked her temple. “That’s why I chose a different theme…” she faced him again. “It’s gonna be a masquerade!”

“Oh!” she pinched her chin. “I’ll think about it!”

“Yah… I already changed the theme in your favor, so you better attend or I will tell everyone in Shinhwa who you really are!” he threatened.

“I said I’ll think about it! Gosh!” she yelled.

“Good…” Jaejoong turned the wheel to a different direction. “Let’s eat first before I take you home. I’m hungry!”

“Much better…" she calmed.

 

 

 

 

 

***************************

Guys, I'll be on vacation for three days which means no updates. In the mean time, you may read some of my fics or re-read them once again. Don't forget to vote up, send comments, feedbacks, anything... It will be a great welcome back gift to see my characters getting popular. Hehehe~ Or maybe not... LOL! ^^

 

Anyway, I'll see you when I get back, okay? Spread the love and good vibes! PEACE!!!