Connection

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Kris and Kai joined Miyung in a black Escalade which was surrounded by a heard of police cars. They headed straight to Kai’s house when the chief of police got a tip from the butler that his boss, Kai’s mother, was preparing to leave the country.

As soon as they reach the vast driveway, all cars stopped in front of the doors and out came heavily armed police officers.

The chauffeur of the SUV went out and opened the door on Miyung’s side. She got her confidence back and along with her regal poise. She wore a pair of oversized sunglasses as soon as she stepped out and scanned the mansion. ‘Not bad!’

The scene alone scared Kai. It was like in the movies when a fugitive is being hunted down. Gunshots, chaos, gore, violence, every negative thought visited him. He had enough of it already especially when Yoonmei is already in the hospital suffering the consequences.

“E-Emeoni?” Kai stood beside her. “Is this really necessary?”

She turned to him and held his arm. “These are precautions! Trust me when I say that your mother is capable of things beyond your imagination.” Kai dropped his head. After all that his mother did, he still has that love for her.

“Jongin?” Miyung spoke and lifted his chin up. “I want you to be strong especially now, okay?” he looked at her. “This may sound bad especially coming from me, but I want you stop feeling anything for your mother. She’s not what you think she really is…”

His eyes rounded. He doesn’t understand a single thing and was getting confused by the second.

She suddenly took his hand and placed it against her beating chest. “Do you feel that?” he nodded. “I’m also nervous as hell… but I’m doing this for Yoonmei. She’s fighting for her life and I’m just here to finish what she started… To protect you! To fix everything where it’s supposed to be!”

Kai got the boost that he needed. He can’t explain it but everything seemed and felt right. Like there’s light for his darker days. “Okay… I trust you eomeoni…”

Miyung smiled. “Thank you, Jongin!” she then signaled for Kris to come over. “You don’t have to worry about anything...” he nodded. “If you get scared or intimidated by anything Kim Sora says, you can hold my hand… or…” she placed an arm around the shoulder of the person beside her. “Your brother… Kris!”

Kai’s face turned slack. It was like a breath left him. He can’t believe his ears, much less his eyes.

“Jongin?” she rubbed his arm. “Kris is your brother! Your real brother!”

It was the first time they stared at each other not as enemies but brothers, blood brothers. There’s that overflowing feeling of happiness after all those years of being alone and empty.

Without saying a word, the older brother moved one step and embraced the younger one. His eyes were completely shut feeling that strange yet beautiful warmth. His heart soared having to finally call someone a family, his own brother.

When his heart took over, Kai’s hands raised up and circled his brother’s back. Unlike Kris, all those years of sufferings and pains drained in his eyes. He broke down on his shoulder when he finally knows that someone is finally there for him, to protect him, to love him unconditionally. “H-Hyung…” he sobbed.

Miyung placed a hand on her chest when her heart exploded watching them. She turned her back to a wipe a tear from the corner of her eye.

Kris reached up behind Kai’s head and his hair. “It’s okay… It’s okay… No one can hurt you now… Hyung is here.”

Kai loved hearing those words. He’s been waiting for so long and it brought him on top of the world. "K-Komawo..."

A policeman suddenly came to Miyung’s side. “Sajangnim! We’re ready to move in!”

“Okay!” she nodded, and turned to the boys. “Do you want to stay here instead?”

Kris pulled away while looking at Kai who wiped his tears with the sleeves of his shirt. “You can stay in the car. Just wait for us there!”

“I’m fine… I’m coming with you!” Kai sniffled.

Kris ruffled his hair and let him wear his jacket. “Here! Your wounds are still fresh! Aish!”

“T-Thanks…” he wiped his final tears and took a deep breath. “Let’s do this!”

----------

The police force barged in being followed by Kris and Kai who has Yoonmei’s mother in between them. Apparently, every guard, maids and even the butler were bribed to cooperate. It was actually an easy deal since all of them hated Kai’s mother. The cash only came as a bonus.

When they forcefully opened the door in her office, it was also when they met her on the way out.

“Kim Sora!” the chief of police roared. “You are under arrest for the kidnapping of your own son and for the murders of your husband and his wife.”

“What murder? That’s preposterous!” she walked backwards with wide eyes.

Another policeman came and handed her a warrant of arrest stating the cases filed against her. She smirked and tore the paper into pieces. “There! Hahaha! You can’t arrest me anymore!”

The man shook his head while laughing softly. He continued walking to her and after handcuffing her, he pushed her down a sofa. “Yah! Let me go!” she struggled. “I have my rights! I can sue your asses don’t you know that?” she threatened.

A slow clap suddenly erupted and a pair of heels clicking against the marbled tiles came near her. “Bravo Sora! Waaaa~ I couldn’t be more amazed with your show!”

“Mi-Miyung?” she stuttered.

“In the flesh, !” Yoonmei’s mother saluted.

“W-What are you doing here?” Kai’s mother started to feel her downfall. Her brain gave her ideas to make an escape but seeing that her assistant surrendered already, she was left to feel every bit of it.

Miyung nodded to the policeman and turned to the chief of police. “Leave us… Kris! Jongin! Stay behind!”

With that, everyone left and closed the door except for the brothers who stood in a corner.

For the first time in her existence, Kai’s mother got scared. Never had she realized that all her plans will backfire. She just remained seated while watching an old friend sit in her throne.

“What do you want Miyung? Money? Stocks? TELL ME!!!” she roared.

“Tsk!” Miyung smirked. “Don’t you see the resemblance? Doesn’t this face remind you of someone?” she pointed. “Besides! Do I look like someone who needs your money??? ! I can buy you if I want to!”

Then it struck her. She is after all the older version of Yoonmei. “You’re her mother!”

“BINGOOO!” Miyung clucked her tongue, and Sora’s mouth hang wide open. “Next time, know your enemy well so you won’t be defeated!” she stood and walked up to her. “You definitely messed with the wrong person!”

Then a stinging slap landed on Sora’s face. “That’s for calling my daughter a !” then a back slap landed on the other side of her face. “That’s for calling her worthless!” a couple more landed for all the names she called Yoonmei.

Sora’s face grew red with marks from Miyung’s fingers. Her face throb and even thought her nose broke. “! I’M GONNA KILL YOU! I’M GONNA ING KILL YOU LIKE WHAT I DID TO THEIR MOTHER!”

Kai straightened up when he relazed she was referring to him and Kris. “What did you say?”

‘Oh !’ Sora pressed his lips together and looked away.

Miyung smirked and sat on a couch across her.

Kai left his spot and approached his mother. “What did you say? TELL MEEEE!!!”

Kris ran up to him and pulled him back until he sat beside Yoonmei’s mother. “Jongin! Relax or your cut will open up!”

However, Sora refused to talk and remained firm.

“Okay! Since my dear Sora won’t talk, I will do it instead!” Miyung volunteered.

After taking Jaejoong’s gun from her purse, she stood and paced in front of them while waving it like a wand. “You see Jongin, this worthless piece of is not your mother!” she pointed Sora. “You were just a few months old when she killed your real mother who was my best friend. She can’t accept the fact that your father still likes Eunji even if she told him that Eunji lost Kris when in fact, it was her, who took him and left him in an orphanage!”

Kai covered his face, and Kris came to his side. “We can stop this if you want…” he whispered.

“It’s okay...” he replied and took a deep breath.

Miyung continued pacing. “When your father gain control of his family’s business and got successful, she got greedy, so she killed him!” she stopped. “In layman’s term, Kim Sora is nothing but a pathetic gold digger and home wrecker who would do anything to get what she wants!”

“If you knew it all along, then why didn’t you have me arrested?” Sora argued.

Yoonmei’s mother walked closer and cupped her jaw with one hand. “Coz I thought you’ll change! I thought you’ll treat Jongin better! I thought you’ll feel sorry for what you did! But you didn’t! YOU GOT WORSE! MY DAUGHTER EVEN HAD TO PUT UP WITH YOU!”

“Tch! Your daughter deserve it!” she spat.

Miyung raged and hit her face with the back of the gun.

Kai could no longer keep it in and also burst out his anger. “SO THIS IS WHY YOU HARDLY EVEN TREATED ME LIKE A SON! I’M NOTHING TO YOU! WAAEEEE??? HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN???”

Sora avoided his gaze and kept a proud face.

“Kris…” Miyung turned to him. “Take Jongin out of here!”

“But eomeoni…” he hesitated.

“It’s okay… Just go…” she mouthed.

Kris slowly stood while supporting his brother out of the room. Miyung on the other hand, took a silencer from her purse.

“W-What are you doing? Are you gonna kill me?” Sora worried. “Y-You can’t do that? That’s m-murder!”

“HM!!! So you’re scared now?” Yoonmei’s mother was nothing but evil, very evil and bad. “How does it feel? Does it feel good to fear for your life?” she stooped lower and pointed the barrel on her cheek. “So? How’s it gonna be? Prison? Where I can ask every inmate to you sideways! OR???” her eyes narrowed. “Go public, reveal what you did, and live like a beggar!”

“Neither!” Sora hissed. “I can tell the court that I’m not in my right mind so they’ll lessen my sentence!” her lips curled up.

“Oh really? Well I’d be happy to you to a mental hospital where I can ask every lunatic and deranged patient to feast on you every ing night!”

That’s when Sora started to beg. “Miyung-ah! Please! Don’t do this! We’re friends!” she started to cry fake tears. “Remember those days that I help you when you have nothing! I was always loyal to you!”

“Really Sora… You’re gonna pull this trick on me? How ‘bout Eunji? Was it a matter of loyalty as well?” Miyung pulled back and sat on the crystal table in front of her. “ you, Sora!”

Then, she shot her in the thigh and it was only them who heard it since it was muffled by the silencer.

Sora fell on her side feeling the burning hole in her leg. She was breathing hard in an instant and could almost pass out any minute.

“Painful right?” Miyung scorned. “I know you will never learn your lesson but I hope starting today, you’ll start to feel what it’s like to be a human!”

She stood and went out the door. “Take care of her! Make sure everything is cleaned!”

“Ye sajangnim!” the chief of police replied and they all went in.

Kris ran up to her and took the gun after seeing her falling. “Eomeoni!” he caught her.

“Eomeoni!” Kai also held her.

Miyung was left weakened emotionally. She never wanted to do it but she had to. Its justice for an old friend, her daughter, and the two boys in front of her.

“Jonginnie… Miahnae… Jeungmal miahnae…” she said.

“It’s nothing… Everything’s okay now… Thank you!” he replied.

She hugged them both and looked up. ‘Abeoji! It’s all up to you now…’