Bet

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Yoonmei joined the boys in Shinhwa High School’s basketball gym which was completely empty since it was a weekend.

It consisted of a rectangular playing surface with goals at either end. The floor is hardwood and highly polished, and benches were lined up on the sidelines. Directly behind it were the bleachers for the spectators.

Yoonmei sat on the bench while watching them play. Zelo and Daehyun wore white jerseys, leaving Kai and Sehun with black ones.

They were all hyped up in showing off their skills. They even got physical at one point.

But given her lack of interest, she resorted to her phone when Luhan proved to be more entertaining.

*Good morning, MeiMei! I’ll pick you up later at lunch, okay? *

She giggled and fiddled with it. *Sure! But you gotta ask Jaejoong first. You know how he is, right?*

That’s when the boys saw her lying on her back against the bench with feet apart on the floor. She also had her phone up as her fingers moved faster.

“Wonder who she’s talking to…” Zelo muttered while dribbling the ball.

“Prolly Jaejoong hyung or eomeoni…” Daehyun said. “Don’t mind her! Girls easily get bored with basketball anyway…”

With that, they ignored and continued playing.

*Jaejoong and I reached an agreement that as long as I take you home by midnight, then I’m good!* Luhan replied.

She slowly nodded with a smirk. *Nice! Did you bribe him or something? He’s not the type who gets easily swayed, y’know?!*

*Let’s just say, I’m a trustworthy person like that!*

*I’m impressed! If you keep this up, you might just end up sweet talking your way to my dad.*

Then the phone vanished from her sight before she can even hit, send. ‘What the hell?’

She looked up and saw Kai reading her messages. Good thing it was in Mandarin so he can’t understand a single thing.

“Give it back, Jongin!” she raised a hand.

“Shireo!” he stuck his tongue out to her, then searched her phone.

Then the wallie flashed right before his eyes.

Seeing that image of Luhan tenderly kissing her on the cheek while she smiled wholeheartedly broke his core. He hated looking at it, but couldn’t take his eyes off it. He wanted to be that guy. He wanted to see that kind of expression from her when she’s with him.

“Kai! Give me my phone back!” she snarled and he snapped back to reality.

Without saying a word, he hurled the phone back to her tummy and stormed to the court. “Tch! Bipolar much?” she shook her head and continued giggling at her phone.

Kai on the other hand, vented his anger on the game. He was no longer a team player after that. He passed the ball a lot less, he ran around ruthlessly, he forgot that Sehun was on his team that he kept shoving him, he completely turned violent.

Sehun noticed it all so he decided to end the game. “Let’s call it a day, shall we? We might just end up in the hospital especially when someone is being a jealous wreck right now!”

“ you!” Kai hissed and grabbed the ball from him.

As he continued playing, the three went out of the gym to grab snacks and drinks from their cars. Yoonmei on the other hand was still in her own little world, smiling like an idiot on her screen.

Kai was sweating hard so he had to remove to his jersey.

Then Yoonmei couldn't help but take a quick glance.

She saw him playing shirtless with just his trackpants on and gulped at the sight of him. His upper body was not built with a six pack but it was more than enough to tickle her insides.

When they met each other’s eyes, she instantly looked away and pretended to be busy with her phone.

However, Kai was getting annoyed at how much attention she was giving Luhan.

The ball came flying to the wall, then he stormed towards her. The giggles ringing through the gym made it a lot worse so he snatched her phone and dropped it on the floor.

“Dude! What the hell?” she complained.

Before she can even stand, Kai crossed one leg over the bench and hovered on top of her. He planted one hand above her head and another tenderly caressing her face.

She can feel his body burning up and literally see bullets of sweat trickle down his chest. “If you’re with me, make sure you give all your attention… only to me!” his eyes narrowed. “I’m a very jealous person, Yoonmei! I can do things you can't even imagine…”

Yoonmei swallowed hard.

Seeing him that close and very tempting made her weak. 'Wae? Wae do I have to deal with this a lot of times?'

Kai suddenly raised himself up and pulled her wrist with him. “Let’s play a game!” he brought her to the middle of the court. “If you manage to block the shot I’m about to make, you win! But if you don’t!” he picked up the ball and dribbled it. “We’re going on a date… tonight!”

“Deal!” she smirked. ‘Tch! How hard can it be?’

Then they started.

Kai took his spot at the three point line and Yoonmei crouched in front of him. “So? Where do you wanna go later?” he dribbled and moved from side to side, so she tried hard to keep up

His footwork and years of practice were finally put to good use. He even pulled a crossover while moving closer towards the ring. “Dinner? Movie? Walk in the park?”

“Will you shut up and play?” she whined.

“Awww sweetheart~ You have to chill or this will be easier than I thought!” he taunted.

Yoonmei rolled her eyes and played dirty instead. She attempted to slap his hand but his fast reflexes kicked in and avoided it. “That’s illegal, MeiMei!”

An evil smile showed while trying to steal the ball from him. “I don’t see any referees around here. So you’re dead wrong!” she stuck her tongue.

“Oh really now?!” he snickered.

Kai retaliated with a body fake from side to side and swiftly stole a kiss on her cheek.

She gasped and held the burning spot.

“Still wanna play dirty with me? I’d love to show more of my moves!” he ran passed her, still dribbling the ball.

“YAAHHHH!!!” she stomped her foot, then sprinted to him at full speed. “I’ll get you for that, Jongin!”

“Neh~ Neh~ Ne-Ne-Neeehhhh~” he sang and leaped from below, laying the ball up near the basket. “Jongin shoots! Jongin scores!” he cheered.

Yoonmei placed both hands on her hips while watching him do a victory lap around the court. “I’ll pick you up later, okay? WOOHOOOO!!!”

‘Crazy Kkamjong is crazy…’ she shook her head and chuckled. 'I guess we're officially going on a date then...'