Cinderella

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

“Wanna get out of here?” Luhan whispered in Yoonmei’s ear.

She slightly pulled away and gave a faint nod.

Luhan escorted her just like the way he did when they came in. He joined their hands, slightly lifting them, and guided her through the crowded dance floor. He just proved chivalry isn’t dead all along.

People were looking at them and would sometimes murmur as they passed. ‘Is it just me or this guy is popular?’ she looked down when shyness kicked in.

However, Luhan tenderly squeezed her hand. “Are you okay?”

She looked back up with a blushing face. “Ermmm… Yeah… It’s just a little hot in here…” she fanned her face.

‘Awwww~ She’s cute!’ he looked away to hide the unforced smile and tugged her.

When they reached the wooden doors, Luhan simply reach over her and opened the door. “Thanks!” she muttered and let her walk out first.

“Welcome…” he replied.

“W-Where are we going?” she looked around.

“Well… You said you’re feeling hot right?” she shamefully nodded. “I just know a very cool place…” he offered her his arm. “Shall we?” and she took it.

Yoonmei let Luhan take her to a place she has no idea whatsoever which makes him the first random stranger she trusted. What got her is how he made her feel the most important person in the world. He was so gentle with every move he made. He walked with very good posture and kept smiling at people they meet. But most importantly, every time he looks at her, he smiled with his eyes.

‘Kai should learn a thing or two from this guy. He is just so charming!’ Yoonmei thought while side eyeing him.

Luhan stopped in front of an elevator and let her walked in first. He pressed a number, then the door closed. Good thing the ride took faster. If it lasted for a few more minutes, it would’ve been awkward as hell.

“Over here…” Luhan gestured and she followed his side.

After a couple of steps, they reached a crystal sliding door that opened when they neared it. The cold weather greeted them making her hug herself and rubbed her arms.

“Sorry about that…” he said then swiftly took his coat off, and put it around her.

“Thanks…” her lips curled up and grasped the hems.

“Well…” he offered her arm again and she took it. “This is the sky lounge…” he said while walking closer to the edge.

Although there were couches and tables, it was empty and quiet. The lamps on the barrier gave off a romantic ambiance.

Yoonmei let her eyes move around Hong Kong’s breathtaking skyline. It almost felt like being on top of the world. The view was more beautiful from her room as she can see buildings twinkling from a distance, and stars dazzling in the night sky appearing like they’re within reach.

“Woowww…” she whispered while looking up.

“Do you like it?” he asked.

“Mhmmm! It’s so cool! I mean, it’s literally cool but this is just awesome… Uwaaaa~”

Luhan turned and leaned against the barrier with arms crossed on his chest and watching her. “I’m glad you like it…”

She also leaned against it and looked at him. “How did you find this place, anyway?

“Mmmm… We own this hotel and it’s my father who held the event earlier.” he admitted shyly.

“Oh! So you’re the son of the governor?” he nodded. ‘No wonder why he’s so popular…’ but then she noticed him looking downcast and loosening his tie with one hand. “Ermmm… Did I say something wrong?”

Luhan snapped back and frantically shook his head. “No! No! I just…” he looked back down and sighed. “I just don’t like being called the governor’s son… I only want to be Luhan, that’s it!”

Yoonmei felt his sincerity yet he saw how lonely he was. It’s another chilling reminder that wealth and fame is not everything. “Hey!” she slapped his arm, and he jumped. “Don’t think about it! Live your life! Don’t let anyone affect you! Tch!”

“Huh? What do you mean?” he shifted to face her while leaning on his side this time.

She also did the same. “Well… I’m not sure if you’re aware about my family…” he nodded. “Good! Coz I’m the evil daughter who got exiled to Korea! Hehehe!” she snickered. “But I’m not telling you to rebel or go against your family. Sometimes it pays to listen to your own instincts and stand up for yourself…” she said. “It will you teach you how to grow as a person, and be the person that you want to be!”

‘Smart girl!’ Luhan thought. He felt at ease with her and even started to open up. “Are you still the evil daughter?” he bit his lip when his face turned naughty.

‘Aha! He’s not that nice after all! Such a flirt!’ “What do you think?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Hmmmm…” he checked her out with eyes stripping her out of her dress. “Very… Evil…”

“I have a boyfriend, by the way…” she lied.

“No you don’t!” he smirked. Yoonmei cocked her head with an amused face while clutching his coat. “The person you came with earlier is your brother! Every guy in that room knows! Tch!” he smiled triumphantly. “Besides, I don’t ask a girl for a dance if she’s taken! It's called the gentleman's code!”

“Ahhhh! Which proves that you’re a player!” she rolled her eyes. “Typical!”

“Ouch!” he placed a palm on his chest. “That hurts!” he faked a pout. “Seriously though, I’m not. I had a girlfriend once but she cheated on me…” his face turned sullen and pained.

“Dui bu qi…” she said softly.

“Nah! It’s all in the past now…” he moved one step closer and touched her cheek with the back of his finger. “And I think... my future is right in front of me…”

She snorted.

“What?” he asked.

“You’re cheesy…” she chuckled.

“But at least I made you laugh…” he then locked his eyes into her eyes. “Seriously, Mei…” he  slightly tilted his face closer to hers at a slow pace. “I wanna get to you know more….” he whispered. “I wanna be your friend. I want…” he stopped just before reaching her lips. “You…”

Yoonmei stood frozen and only gazed at him.

Then Luhan made his move.

“Ayo Cinderella!” someone yelled.

Yoonmei snap out of trance and saw her brother standing outside the crystal door.

“Let’s go!” Jaejoong added and started approaching them.

Luhan pulled away and scratched the back of his head. ‘Maybe next time…’

Jaejoong shifted his death glare from his sister to the guy standing in front of him. After stopping right in front of them, he snatched the coat from her back and slammed it on Luhan’s chest. “I’ll forget what I saw just now but if you try it again, I am so gonna beat your … BOI!!!” he then grabbed Yoonmei’s wrist. “We are flying back to Korea first thing in the morning!” he pulled her.

“MWOH? No way! I still have another night to spend here!” she protested while staggering behind him.

“Then you’re spending it with me, or grandpa, or mom, or dad!” he sneered.

“Fine by me!” she snickered and looked over her shoulder. “Bye Luhan! See you around okay?”

Luhan cupped his mouth. “YUP!!! Zai jian, MeiMei! WAN AN!!!”

“Good night, my ! I'll break your prince charming's face if I see him again!” Jaejoong warned.