Insensitive

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

To prepare for Jaejoong’s party, Yoonmei will be spending the next couple of days in her brother’s loft. After going home when classes ended and packing her stuff, she went to see Luoyong who was sitting on the stairs in front of his garden, reading a book.

“Hi grandpa!” she sat beside him and leaned her head on his shoulder. “Are you sure you’re not coming to celebrate oppa’s birthday with us?”

He immediately closed the book and tilted his head to look at her. “Did you just call Jaejoong, oppa?”

“Ssshhhh…” she pressed a finger on her lips. “It’s our little secret, okay? I don’t want him getting excited and all… Besides, my system is still trying to get used to it… Kekeke~” she snickered.

“You’re crazy as always!” he knocked her head. “But you know how much you made me happy, right?”

“I do?” she raised her head and looked at him. “Even if I caused you sooooooo much trouble and headache? Even if I insulted you and didn’t respect you before?”

Luoyong warmly smiled and held her face with both hands. “I’m a proud grandfather of a delinquent child!” he beamed and she chuckled. “Those troubles and headaches made me realize how special I am. I don’t think there’s someone out there who can withstand these horns…” he touched her forehead, leaving her embarrassed. “You made my life a whole lot better, MeiMei! Grandpa is a very happy man!”

Yoonmei lunged to him for a bear hug. “And I wouldn’t be the person that I am today without you. Xiexie ni, yeye!”

The old man leaned his cheek on her head and rubbed her back. “You’re very much welcome, sweetheart! Always remember that Grandpa Luoyong loves you with all his heart!”

“I love you too, grandpa!” she hugged him tighter.

A knock came on the door making Luoyong pull away from her. “That must be Kris! I asked him to come and walk you to the bus stop…”

“You really trust him that much, do you?” she laughed.

“With my life, MeiMei!” he flicked her arm. “So be nice to him!”

“I am nice to him!” she smirked and kissed the old man’s cheek. “Bye~ I’ll see you after the party, okay?”

“Mhmmm! Tell Jaejoong I’ll send his gift tomorrow!” he ruffled her hair.

“Neh!” she stood and met Kris on the way.

Luoyong also saw him and waved. “Kris! Take care of my MeiMei okay? Remember what you promised?!”

“Harabeoji! You don’t have to worry about anything! I am a man of my word!” he bowed ninety degrees. 'I will love and cherish Kim Yoonmei more than anything in the world, and take care of her more than myself!' he repeated his vow in his head.

‘That’s good to know…’ he heaved a sigh of relief and watched the two leave.

When the wooden door closed behind them, Yoonmei can’t help but stop and stare at Kris. He was fully clothed and seemed like he prepared for a special occasion. Black trench coat over a white inner shirt, and his hair was neatly fixed. That stare from him just added an extra spice in his whole ensemble.

“Are you going on a date or something?” she snorted.

‘So now you noticed?!’ he smirked. “Wae? Can’t I go on a date?”

“Really?” she exclaimed and they started walking down the road. “It’s about time, dude!” she then elbowed him. “So? Who’s the lucky girl? Can I meet her?”

‘Lucky?’ Kris looked at her and smiled. ‘Probably…’ he slipped both hands in his jacket pocket and blew out an air. “I don’t think I should let you meet her. She’s also a toughie so you both might end up clashing…”

“Thanks! I’ll take that as a compliment!” she rolled her eyes and walked ahead.

Kris caught up and continued strolling silently beside her.

Yoonmei spotted a fast food chain and unknowingly grabbed his wrist. “C’mon! Let’s eat! I’m starving!”

He was stunned at her sudden gesture, leaving him glued to his spot and staring at her hand.

“Oh c’mon Kris! It’s my treat! Move your !” she kept pulling him.

“It’s not about that…” he stuttered. “It’s just that…”

“Aish! Whatever!” she released him and stormed to the restaurant. “Stay here then!”

Kris snapped out of trance and followed her.

“Hi! Welcome to McDonald’s!” the crew greeted.

“Can I have a quarter pounder, French fries, and a milk shake please!” she beamed.

“Same with me…” Kris butted in.

Yoonmei grabbed her wallet but Kris beat her into it after slamming some cash into the counter.

“I said it’s my treat!” she protested.

“Sorry… My hearing got impaired from all your screams and yells ever since I met you!” he faked an eyesmile.

“!” she stuck her tongue out and looked for a spot to sit.

Kris followed after a few minutes with a tray of food. She clapped and rubbed her palms as he neared their table.

After he lowered the tray, Yoonmei started to devour anything in her sight.

‘I’m starting to question my preferences with girls…’ he chuckled and sat in front of her. “Yah! Slow down!”

“Oh…” she mumbled. “So?” she swallowed. “Tell me something about your girlfriend!”

“First of all, she is not my girlfriend…” he pointed a finger. “Yet!”

“Which means you are determined to get her!” she pinched a fries and ate it.

“Any guy who finds 'that' girl will do anything to get her…” Kris ate slowly. “The thing is, I love her but I can't show it…” he admitted and she listened attentively. “I want her but she can't know it. I need her but I don't know if it’s even possible…” he stared at the table this time.

After grabbing a tissue and wiped , she clasped her hands on the table. “Why would she not need you? You're a great guy! Gentleman, caring, sweet...” she enumerated. “You have a lot of good qualities that a girl would fall for!”

An amused chuckled escaped his lips. “Then why can't she see it? Or feel it?”

“You said it yourself! You can't show her your feelings, and she can't even know it. How do you expect her to respond, then?” she explained, then her attention was caught by her buzzing phone.

*Your dress is here! Come and check it out! – Jaejoong*

Kris watched her while busily fiddling with her phone. “Sometimes I wonder what you think of me or how you feel about me...” Kris murmured and continued eating.

“I’m sorry? What was that?” Yoonmei looked back to him and asked.

“Nothing…” he beckoned to her phone. “Just finish with what you're doing…”

*I’m on my way! I just stopped somewhere for a bite!* she replied and slipped the phone back to her tote bag. “Sorry about that…“ she grabbed her burger and ate again.

Kris however lost his appetite. He just stared at his half eaten sandwich and would sometimes force himself to eat some fries.

“Hey…” she reached a hand to his hand and held it. “Everything’s gonna be okay... You have a good heart, Kris! If she sees that, she’d be crazy not to accept you!”

He gripped her hand and stared at it. ‘Yoonmei-ah, I’m holding on to you right now... But why can’t you feel it? What should I do?’

“Kris?” she shook their hands and he looked at her. “You cannot always wait for the perfect time, sometimes you must dare to jump.”

“Should I tell her?” he asked, she nodded. “I dunno Mei… Maybe not now…”

“Fine…” she gave up. “But don’t take too long or someone might snatch her right under your nose…”she snickered.

“That won’t happen!” he smirked and continued eating. “I’ll make sure no one gets near her! I will break their necks if I have to!”

“Aigooo~ Poor girl... She might just end up with a murderer...” she snorted while Kris shook his head and laughed.

As they continued conversing, her phone buzzed once again.

*MeiMei!!! How are you? LuLu miss you so much already! T__T *

Her lips curled in an instant leaving Kris intrigue. ‘There she goes again! What’s up with her and that phone!’ “Yah! Can you turn your phone off when you’re with me? I hate it when you get stupid over that thing!”

“No and no!” she stuck her tongue out and replied to Luhan.

*I’m great but I miss you as well… Have you eaten already?*

“Give me that!” he snatched it but she moved in a blink of an eye and hid it back in her bag. “If I ever see you smiling like an idiot again… I will steal that and burn it!”

“Do it! And forget that Kim Yoonmei existed!” she smirked.

Kris sighed. “This is hopeless!” so he chose to eat instead.

“It’s good that you know…” a triumphant smile came on her face.