Mystery

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Yoonmei tore a ligament on her right ankle and had to be placed in a below-knee cast. She spent the entire weekend over Jaejoong’s luxurious pad with an orthopedic walking boot and a pair of crutches. Luoyong also went to his grandson’s place and they both got a major scolding.

Jaejoong covered for his sister saying that it was him who forced her to go clubbing. As a result, the keys to his Audi R8 and her Iphone will be staying with their grandfather for a week.

When Monday came, Jaejoong took her to school. He used the white Maserati and as it stopped on the side of the school, all eyes went to it in an instant. Heads were moving to scan the expensive car, even craning their necks to take a closer look.

Yoonmei sighed while fixing her backpack. “This is such a bad idea… Hmpft!”

“Wae? Are those kids giving you trouble?” Jaejoong pointed at the windshield.

“Look Jae…” she faced him. “They only know that I’m a commoner’s granddaughter. This right here?” she pointed the car. “Is screaming gossip for me.”

“Really?” her brother smirked. “Why don’t you tell them the truth? Show them how powerful you are! Who the real Kim Yoonmei is!”

“Rigghhhhttt… and turn myself into a joke and a liar? No thanks!” she then dropped her shoulders with a pouting face. “I think my system is getting used to it though. Besides, it made me see things, I’ve never seen before…”

Jaejoong felt joyful and proud for his sister. The once spoiled rich kid whom everything she touches turned to trouble, slowly blossomed into a mature girl.

“Awwww~ You just don’t know how happy you made me, Yoonmei!” he reached to her cheek.

"Woah!" She leaned back with hands raised in front of him. "Easy bro! Don’t go emo on me!”

He pulled his hand away and chuckled. “Too bad! The attitude is still there!”

“Yeah! Yeah!” she grabbed the crutches and shifted to the door. “I gotta go!”

“I can give you a piggyback to your classroom if you like?” he offered.

She quickly turned to him and scowled. “Don't bother! And will you please stay away from my school? You’re blowing my cover! Aish!” she carefully went out and slammed the door.

‘Isn’t that grandpa’s line?’ he cocked his head. ‘Uwaaaa~ I never thought I’d see the day! Should I pretend as well?’ he looked at the mirror and turned his face from side to side. “Nah! With this face, I don’t think people will buy it!” he smirked and grabbed his phone. “I must do something about her school issues… Hehehehe~” an evil laugh came off.

While Yoonmei move away from the sports car, murmurs and whispers came in different directions. But all she could think of was survive the day without getting a faceplant.

Kris on the other hand saw her as soon as she got out of the car, and after seeing it swerve in reverse and disappearing through the exit, he immediately went to her side. “Who was that?” he asked.

“No one…” she limped while trying to adjust at the metal support. Every step was like walking on burning coal and it would sometimes hit a nerve getting her aggravated. ‘Damn! This is hard! URGH!’

“Luoyong told me that you got into an accident. Are you okay?” he added.

“Do I look like I’m okay? Gosh Kris!” she snapped. “Are you here to help me or what?”

“Okay! Geez!” he chuckled. ‘When will she ever learn to lose that temper? *sigh* If only you’re not Luoyong’s granddaughter!’ he then took her backpack, slipped it behind him, and gently held her arms. “Just one step at a time… You’ll get in class soon enough…”

F4 watch them from afar. Kai was overwhelmed with questions and a chest that is about to explode. Just like him, Sehun and Zelo wondered who the owner of the white car and her relationship with Kris. Daehyun however could only think of ways to make her life easier.

Kris supported and escorted Yoonmei until reaching her seat. “I’ll come back again during lunch, okay?”

“No thanks! I’ll be fine…” she sat.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

She looked up to him. “One thing I hate the most is when people think that I’m weak! I appreciate all the help and it’s enough already…” she then lowered her tone. “Thanks…”

“That’s better! You’re welcome Ms. Grumps!” his lips curled up. “But I’ll still fetch you after class!”

“Yeah! Whatever! Now shoo!” she signaled to the door.

----------

Yoonmei never thought how harder it was when lunch draw near. The cafeteria was in a separate building and it will take her forever to reach it in her current state. She dropped her head on the desk just thinking about it, worse, she’s starving that her stomach started to grumble. ’Moooommmmmm…’ she moped.

The bell rang and out goes her classmates.

She remained seated while rubbing her forehead on the desk. ‘Fooooodddd… I need food… Must eat…’

A very enticing aroma suddenly crept up her nose. That smell of pizza topped with pepperoni, sausages, bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, and freshly baked from the oven.

Her eyes closed to savor the smell. ‘Ahhhh~ I’d kill for a single bite right now…Oh God!’

“Want some?” says a voice.

Yoonmei instantly rose and looked to her side. There she saw Daehyun holding up a box of pizza on one hand and a six pack of cola on the other.

“C-can I?” she stammered at the sight of it.

“This is for you! Idiot!” he smiled and took a seat beside her.

After opening the box, Daehyun placed it on top of her desk and also opened a can. “Dig in!” he said.

Yoonmei turned into a fierce lion and attacked the pizza. “Oh my God!” she spoke with full. “This is the best pizza ever” she chewed. “Like seriously! Mmmmmm!”

“Easy or you’ll choke!” he chuckled while rubbing her back.

“Thank you so much, Daehyun! I owe you, big time!” she swallowed and took another bite. "Aren’t you gonna eat?"

“I don’t think it’s enough for you…” he scratched his nape.

“You’re crazy! I can only finish two slices! I swear!” she raised her right hand. “Here!” she handed him a slice.

They ate and talked in the corner of the classrom. Daehyun was more than happy to be in both worlds: food, and a new found friend. “How are you feeling?” he asked.

She heaved a deep sigh and slowly chewed. “Like !”

“Miahnae…” Daehyun also ate slowly. “If we hadn’t chased you, you wouldn’t have tripped…”

“Yeah!” her lips contorted while side eyeing him. “This is all your fault!”

His hand instantly fell on the desk still holding onto his food. “Miahn…”

“Aigooo~” she punched his arm. “I’m just kidding! Hehehe~” she took another bite.

“But still…” Daehyun continued to sulk.

“Seriously Dae! It’s nothing! My ankle hurts, but I can handle it! I’ve had worse!” she snickered.

Daehyun watch her eat, talk, giggle, make ugly faces with every bite, and it all felt good. That little interest in her has now turned into something else. He can’t explain it but there’s a sudden attachment to that scowl in her face, that smirk in her lips, that ugly temper of hers.

“Errmmm…” he cleared his throat. “Would it be okay if I take you home after class?”

Yoonmei shifted to him looking confused. “Wae?”

“I dunno…” he looked away. “Ahhh…Coz it’ll be easier if I do it.” he nervously tapped his fingers on the desk.

“Sorry…” Yoonmie forced a smile. “Someone will be here to pick me up…”

He dropped his head and chuckled. “Oh! Right…” ‘Must be the dude with the white car…’ “It’s okay… At least I know that you'll be fine...” he looked back to her. “Eat! You need it to gain more strength…”

“Yeah…” she continued.