Back Again

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

When the following morning came, Yoonmei got prepped for school. A stylist came over to help her from fixing her hair to her uniform. She also kicked her Pierre Hardy’s aside and replaced it with a pair of black Prada stilettos.

As she look into the tall mirror, her mother just helplessly watch from the side. She can clearly see Yoonmei’s deep angst and an uncontrollable drive to rebel come back with a vengeance and it’s much worse. She rarely talks and shows a little less emotion so no one knows what runs into her head.

“Mom… I gotta go…” she grabbed the car keys and went for a kiss on her mother’s cheek.

“Are you sure about going back to school? I can have you homeschooled, if you like….” Mihyung said.

“No thanks… Bye~” she left.

Apparently, Yoonmei’s depression manifested itself as anger. She's a lot more irritable making small annoyances turn into huge blow-ups, and it’s just a matter of time when she will lash out on someone.

When Jaejoong told him that Yoonmei is going back to school, Kris went to their house to perform his usual duty. He waited by the main door and was stunned to see her when she came out.

It was like a major makeover. Her hair was dyed into dark brown and neatly styled with soft curls. Her multicolored sneakers and backpack disappeared. Her eyes were hidden behind an oversized sunnies.

She was still the beautiful girl he fell for but the face is noticeably empty and blank. “Errmmm… M-Morning…” he stuttered.

She walked passed him and went to the parked sports car.

Kris snapped and ran after her. “Aren’t we supposed to go that way?” he pointed on a different direction.

Yoonmei pressed the remote from her keys and after going in, she stepped on the gas and left.

Kris dropped his head while holding onto his hips.  *sigh*

“I’m sorry about that…” Mihyung came out. “Please be patient with her. She’s going through a lot right now…” she told him.

“Oh!” he flinched and bowed ninety degrees. “Annyeong haseyo… I know, ma’am…”

“Kris?” she called.

“Neh?” he looked back to her.

“Can you look over MeiMei while she’s at school? Jaejoong and I are worried about her…” she added.

“Sure! No problem, ma’am! That’s also a promise I made with harabeoji and I intend to keept it.” he smiled.

Mihyung walked over to him and reached out a hand to his arm. “Thank you, Kris… And just call me, eomeoni… It’s okay.” she smiled.

“Ehh? Yes ma’am…” he bowed. “I mean, eomeoni… I gotta go so I can catch up with her at school.” he started running down the road.

“Be careful!” she yelled, he waved.

----------

‘! Liar! User! Cheater!’ it all played in Yoonmei’s mind while driving to school. Her knuckles have turned white as she grips the steering wheel, and her eyes could bore a hole on the windshield. Every spiteful word fueled her rage and got her agitated even more. She got a surge of adrenaline through it making her lose all sense in things. ‘From this day onward, no one can hurt me with my permission. I will show all of you who the real Kim Yoonmei is!’

Students were piling in through the main entrance when a black sports car skidded to a stop. The screeching tires were too loud that they were all drawn to it.

Curiosity crept up that they all stopped and waited for the driver to come out. It’s normal for such expensive cars to drop by the school, but it’s never normal to park on a curb especially when that spot is only for the principal.

“Holy mother of God…” says a boy.

“Oh ! It’s Kim Yoonmei!” says the other.

Just like Kris, they were all shocked to see Yoonmei coming out of the car and walking towards the campus with her head high. What made them shocked even more is because they all expected that she went back to Hong Kong after the controversies surrounding her past.

“The nerve!” says a girl.

“If I were her, I’d go back to where I came from. She’s just a shame to their family…” says her friend.

Those murmurs buzzed through Yoonmei’s ears but she was too caught with her own moment to even understand it.

Her eyes turn evil behind those sunnies and when she entered the main hallway, the whispers grew louder and audible.

“Look at her! She thinks she’s all that? Puhleeaaasseeee!”

*cough* ! *cough*

“Her grandfather must be really proud of her…”

They laughed and that did it.

The single word alone brought out the demon inside her. Her head slowly turned to her right and instantly saw the culprit with narrowed eyes.

The crowd beside a girl in pigtails vanished when they knew she became Yoonmei’s target. She also faltered a step back and choked upon bumping against a wall.

Yoonmei swiftly took her shades and grabbed her neck with one hand and raised her off the ground. “This is between me and your ing country…” the girl struggled for air. “Leave my grandpa out of this…” she sneered.

“Mi…Miahnae…” she gasped.

Yoonmei dropped her and turned to the crowd. “THERE’S ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME!!!” she roared making them move back. “I HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR A LOT OF TIMES THAT ACCORDING TO MY PARENTS!!!” an evil smirk formed on her face. “I’M A POTENTIAL KILLER!!! SO IF YOU WANNA GIVE IT A TRY…” she looked around. “YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME!”

Then a hand suddenly came out of nowhere and grabbed her wrist.