Nicest Brother

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Yoonmei spent the entire week in Jaejoong’s massive penthouse. It is a 1,277 square-foot apartment with two bedrooms and two bathrooms nestled at the top of a high rise building, It boasts top of the line appliances, bamboo floors, and state of the art decors. It is the supreme fantasy home; the wet dream of male residence.

     

The rooms are huge, open and airy, and have an amazing view of the city. It has king-sized platform beds with wood frames and large pane windows.

     

The spacious kitchen is just a few steps away from the gallery like living room, where a home theater system provides entertainment equipped with surround sound.

Jaejoong came down the stairs wiping his wet hair with a towel when he saw his sister in the living room. She was slumping on the couch, reading a magazine with her injured foot on the table. “Yoonmei-ah! Didn’t you tell me you had your exams?”

That dreaded word which everyone hates. It is a universal truth. They out the fun from your life. Pretty much destroys your entire existence. However, for a person like Yoonmei who drinks from the fountain of knowledge, exams are like shooting fishes in a barrel.

“Jae, the keyword there is “had”, it’s a past tense. Get it?” she replied while flipping the pages.

“A witty response proves nothing…” He hurled the towel to her face and went to the kitchen.

“AISH!!!” she scoffed and sent it flying back to him, but he already went to start cooking. “Mei! You better make sure you pass every subject or I’ll confiscate the Aston Martin!” he yelled.

“You will never have my car! I have this much intelligence for a reason! Tch!” she went back reading the magazine while Jaejoong continued preparing their dinner.

“When’s the result coming?” he asked.

“Tomorrow!” she said.

“How do you think you did?” he added while cutting some vegetables.

“What do you think?’ she smirked.

That innocent question suddenly turned to a very tempting bet which she could never resist. “Hmmm… How about this?” he turned to the bar, looking at her from afar. “If you beat out the current number 1 student in Shinhwa, I’ll personally take you back to Hong Kong next weekend!”

She instantly sat up. “What? For real?” her brother nodded. After lowering her foot with both hands, she stood and limped to the kitchen. “Does that mean I won’t be coming back here?”

Jaejoong hit his knuckles on her temple. “In your dreams! I’m not suicidal, you idiot! Dad will kill me if I do that!” he flashed a V sign in front of her. “We’ll be staying there for 2 nights only!”

Yoonmei sat on one of the stools and rubbed the spot where he hit her. “Bummer! But that’s good enough! I’m already dying of homesickness…” she dropped her head on the marbled counter.

Jaejoong shook his head and turned back to the stove. “Don’t be too excited. You still have to keep your end of the bargain…”

“I got this, bro!” she snorted.

‘I know sis! Seems like I have to tell the folks about it!’ he smiled while stirring the boiling soup. “How’s your ankle, by the way?”

Yoonmei raised her head and placed her chin on top of the counter. “Getting better… The nurse said they’ll remove the cast tomorrow.”

“Cool!” he replied.

She watched her brother cook dinner and they would sometimes exchange playful banters. She still has that attitude towards him but the yelling has toned down a little bit.