Selfless

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Hyeri shifted and saw her nemesis walking in between two other goons in her old self, arrogant and ready for a fight.

“YAH!!! What the are you doing here? ARE ING CRAZY???” Kai snarled and desperately struggled from being tied. He wanted to run to her and drag her away, but he can’t. He wanted to wrap his body around her to shield from anyone touching her, but doesn't have that option.

Yoonmei stood a few meters away from him with solid fists on her sides. “Are you okay?” was all she could say. But seeing a single drop of blood from his lip burned her veins.

“I’m okay!” Kai replied tenderly. “But why are you here? WAEEE???” and they started to bicker like their usual selves.

Yoonmei only smiled to him, and it vanished after seeing Hyeri. “What do you want?”

She shrugged.

Without warning, a goon came to Yoonmei’s side and landed a solid punch on her stomach.

“NOOOO!!!” Kai growled. It’s so much painful seeing the once strong girl turning weak and beaten after the first strike. “I’m gonna kill you, Hyeri! I’M GONNA ING KILL ALL OF YOU!!!”

Yoonmei was totally unprepared and it caught her unguarded. The hit was like no other especially that it came from a man twice her size. Her body hardly withstood it, knocking a breath out of her.

It was a bad hit that she fell on her knees clutching her tummy and catching every air she could. Her gasp turn to sharp wheezes and they were like knives stabbing Kai's ears.

Hyeri stood and crouched after grabbing her hair. “It’s either you give up Kai… Or you suffer even more!”

She choked in the lump of blood forming in and smirked at her. “Go to hell!”

Hyeri shove her and snap her fingers.

Then Boom!

The second strike was a kick on her head. It was like a thunder right insider her skull that kept ringing in her ears. In a fraction of a second, her whole head bloomed with a giant throb of pain like being inflated. Next thing she knows, she floated while slowly getting detached from the environment.

“MEI!!!”Kai called when her eyes started to flutter and it crushed him. “KIM YOONMEI! LOOK AT ME, DAMN IT!” he also struggled away from the ropes even when it left him with bruises and cuts. “GODDAMNIT HYERI! LET ME GO!!!”

Kai never realized that tears were actually flowing down his face. He was helpless, desperate, and felt worthless. “Meeeiiii… Pleeaasseeee…” he cried.

Hyeri stood and pressed his cheeks together with one hand. “It’s the same for you Kai… Give up Yoonmei or suffer worse…

“Our answer is mutual… GO.TO.ING.HELL!!!”

She went back to her chair and looked away when Kai got hit in the face.

Just like her, he was rendered weak but fought to keep still. “You… can… hit me… all you want!” he coughed. “Not her!”

“K-Kai…” Yoonmei stuttered.

They all stopped and saw her crawling towards him through all the pain and blood.

Kai leaned his body forward and begged for her. “Mei… Stop already! Please! It’s not worth it!” he slowly shook his head. “I’m not worth it…”

Her lips turn into a smile while her eyes turned peaceful. “You… are… worth it…”

His head dropped when his eyes drained in tears. He hated himself for it. He was supposed to protect her but there he was, crying like a wuss. “I’m so sorry, Mei… I’m so sorry…”

“Awwww~ How sweet!” Hyeri slowly clapped and stood. “You can spare yourselves this misery you know? Tch!”

“ you!” Yoonmei chuckled.

Hyeri got really angry and grabs a bat from a goon. “I’ll see you in hell! !!!” she raged.

Yoonmei instinctively curled and covered her head.

“YOONMEEIIII!!!” Kai shouted

A shooting pain instantly hit her abdominal area and felt it through and through. It vibrated from her ribs and every internal organ on its path, that later scaled up to her head. She got dizzy and her vision got tunneled. Images of people she loved the most appeared like a bright light. ‘M-Mom? Daddy…’ she blinked. ‘Jae… G-grandpa?’

Yoonmei was completely beaten and rapidly loosing conciousness. Her white shirt have turned to a shade of red from the blood dripping off her face. Her cheeks were swollen, her lips were torn. She started to feel colder and numb by the second.

“YOONMEI-AH!!!” a husky voice erupted through the warehouse.

“Hyung?” Kai’s head snapped up. “JAEJOONG HYUNG!!! OVER HERE!!!” he shouted.

Jaejoong came with F3, Luhan, and Kris. They all wore leather gloves like a badass killer who don’t want to get their hands dirty. Their eyes were directed to anyone who dare stopping them.

Hyeri’s face instantly fell and started to panic. She turned to her goons and commanded them to not let anyone touch her.

Utter chaos followed.

Jaejoong got his hands fighting two bigger goons and his black belt in Karate came in handy. Zelo also proved to be the bad boy of the group when he easily took down a way bigger opponent.

Sehun on the other hand used his speed to run passed anybody and ended up behind Kai.

“Hurry!” he said.

“I’m on it!” the younger F4 hurriedly worked on the ropes. “There!”

Kai crawled to Yoonmei and pulled her in his lap. “Mei! Hey!”

She fought her heavy lids and looked up to him. Seeing him breathing fine gave her relief even if the light she’s seeing was slowly fading away.

“Why did you go here in the first place! You’re the biggest idiot!” he scolded.

Her breaths got shallower when internal bleeding started to eat her up. “I don’t… know.” she wheezed. “It... wasn't… my choice...” she gasped. “…but my heart.”

Kai looked around and saw that his hyungs were still busy fighting.

“I’m getting you out of here, Mei! Hang in there!” he mustered all his strength to stand and carry her bridal style.

Kris just turned to check on them when he saw Hyeri aiming a bat at him. “JONGIN!!! WATCH OUT!!!

Then *BANG*

A bullet left the nozzle of Jaejoong’s gun, implanting itself on Hyeri’s chest.

“Die! !!!” he smirked.

Every goon in the warehouse was left tamed at the deafening sound and smell of sulfur. They surrendered in an instant while Kai hurriedly went out.

He found the Porsche with keys still stuck in the ignition. He gently lowered Yoonmei in the front seat and fastened her seatbelt.

Without looking back, he went to the wheel and stepped on the gas.

Jaejoong’s bodyguards were left behind to take care of gory mess in the warehouse while they paraded behind Kai.

The adrenalin pumping his veins kept him from driving at top speed and beating every red light. When he abruptly switched lanes, Yoonmei’s head rolled to the side and saw how her face turned pale.

“Mei?” he touched her face. “Yoonmei-ah!!! Wake up! Stay with me!”

Yet she remained still.

Tears blurred his vision and he wiped them all away. “God Yoonmei! Please don’t do this to me!”

The car skidded to a stop upon reaching the hospital entrance. The medical team came and pulled Yoonmei out.

The Maserati followed his suit and out came Jaejoong and his mom.

The rest of the cars also flooded the driveway.

One of the nurses saw Kai bloody and swollen all over. “Sir! You need to come with me!”

“No! I’m okay! Just take care of Yoonmei!” he told her.

“But sir! You also need to be treated!” she insisted.

“I SAID I’M OKAY!!! SO LEAVE ME ALONE!!!” she shove her aside and went to follow the medical team.

Jaejoong ran in front of him and held his shoulders. “Jongin! Listen to me, a’right?!” Kai calmed down. “I know you’re worried over my sister coz we’re all are! But you have to take care of yourself too! Please…”

Kai sighed and got treated as well.