Rivals

Me VS F4: Finest Four

True enough, Yoonmei got dressed for her date with Kai.

She went for the chic look wearing a shimmering mini tube dress in dark blue, black leggings and black Louboutin peep toe pumps.

“Oooohh~ Someone’s looking smexaayyy!” Jaejoong came in after sliding her bedroom door and leaned against it as she put on a thick black trench coat.

“Right…” she flipped her hair.

“Make sure Luhan takes you home by midnight, araseo?” he warned.

“Dude! I’m not Cinderella for God sake!” she scowled. “Besides, I’m going with Kai! Not LuLu!”

Jaejoong instantly moved and held her shoulders. “Uwaaaa~ Jinjja?”

“Unfortunately…” she scrunched her face. “All thanks to that stupid bet! Pft!”

“Yah!” he pointed a finger to her face. “Jongin is the second biggest playboy next to Sehun, so you better be careful!”

“Yeah! Yeah!” she lightly pushed him aside for another look at the mirror and fixed her curled hair. “What happened to Kris, by the way? I haven’t seen him lately.”

Jaejoong sat on a footstool and grabbed a Minnie Mouse plushy to play with. “I dunno… I haven’t seen him as well but mom said he was here yesterday to check on the garden and was rather down or something…”

“Ehh?” she turned. “But why?”

He shrugged. “Prolly misses grandpa…”

Yoonmei sighed. “I’ll talk to him tomorrow…”

“Well…” Jaejoong stood. “I gotta go and get dressed coz Luhan and I are going to rock the town with hot girls, booze, and parrtaayyyy!!! Yeaahhhh!”

“MWOH???” she grabbed his arm.

He turned and glared at her. “What do you expect to us to do then? Stay here and play with your Barbie dolls?”

“Fine!” she released him. “But no booze and girls for LuLu!”

“Did I hear my name?” Luhan came through the door fully garbed in gorgeousness and smells so good. His eyes instantly went to Yoonmei and his feet moved towards her. “Oooohh~ Why hello there babe?” he winked.

Jaejoong patted his shoulder while heading to the door. “Unfortunately for you… She’s going with someone else, which means, you’re going with me!”

 “Thank you very much, my jerk of a brother!” she scoffed.

“You’re welcome sis! Have fun!” he snickered.

Luhan slipped his hands on her waist and pouted with his deer eyes. “Who’s the lucky guy?”

She relaxed her hands on his chest and stared into him. “His name is Kim Jongin but we call him Kai.”

“Is he nice? Can he be trusted?” he sulked like a baby seeking attention. “Coz if he’s not, I am not permitting you to go…”

Yoonmei smiled and fixed the fringe off his hair. “I wouldn’t agree in the first place if he’s not like you…”

“Fine!” he sighed. “But no touching, no hugging, no eye contact…” ‘Which I doubt would never happen…’ “Just get back to me, okay?” he begged.

“Yes LuLu! Anything else?” she eyesmiled.

Luhan’s expression turned solemn, and he tenderly cupped her face. He leaned closer until their faces were inches apart and searched her eyes. “I want you to promise me one thing…”

“What?”

He never blinked and held his breath.  “That I will be your first kiss…”

Yoonmei felt tingly all over, and jittery, and warm, and special.

She held his jaw with both hands and pressed her forehead on his forehead with eyes completely shut. “I promise…"

Luhan embraced her and placed his burning cheeks on the side of her head. ‘I’m holding on at the thought that you’re mine, Yoonmei… Just that…’

“Yah! Luhan!” Jaejoong came and ruined their moment. “She’s not heading to a war or getting exiled once again. Just chill man!”

Luhan pulled away and held her hips this time as his adorable pout came back. “But she’s heading to enemy lines… God knows what he might do to my MeiMei…”

Jaejoong slapped his forehead when he can no longer bear watching him getting mushy. “My goodness Luhan! Spare me!” he turned to the door and caught a glimpse of the living room. “Mei! I think Jongin is here!”

As her brother went ahead, Luhan held Yoonmei’s wrist and carefully pulled her out of the room.

They met Kai in the living room who was sitting and talking with their mother. He quickly stood and saw his arch rival securely holding Yoonmei.

They both found it difficult to appear normal and unaffected. There's that anger and tension in between them, and that urge to confront each other.

Jaejoong felt the hostility as their burning stares heated the entire room. He walked in the middle and cleared his throat. “Jongin? I hope you’re well aware that Yoonmei has a curfew. Take her back before 12 or I will hunt your down!”

“Neh...” Kai replied.

He then turned to Luhan with a grave look. “Yah! You may let her go now!”

As soon as her wrist was released, Yoonmei went to Miyung and bent down to kiss her cheek. “Bye mom!”

She also fixed her daughter’s trench coat. “Mhmmm! Have fun sweetheart!”

“What about me?” Jaejoong poked his cheek and got a punch in the arm. “Thought so…” he chuckled. “Bye sis! I’ll see you at 11:59, ara?”

Yoonmei walked ahead of Kai and raised a middle finger without saying a word.

“Are you sure you like the right person?” Jaejoong elbowed Luhan. “As in my sister?”

“Oh yes, gege! Nothing more, nothing less!” Luhan replied.

“Aigooo~ Kids these days!” Jaejoong then stretched his arms out. “Gaja! Let’s have fun!”

Luhan chuckled and shook his head with a brighter smile.