Passing

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Jihoo was trailing Jaejoong when Yoonmei shifted to face him while leaning her head to the back rest. “Miahnae…” she slurred.

“Wae?” he wondered.

“For causing you this much trouble…” she burped. “Sorry about that…Hehehe~ I usually don’t get buzzed with just three shots but look at me…” she pouted and sighed. “You had to carry me… Even drive me home.”

Jihoo reached out a hand and touched her burning cheek. “It’s nothing, Yoonmei… Feeling any better?”

“Mhmmm… Thanks…” her lips curled.

The Maserati slowly stopped when the Porsche parked in front of their house.

“Home sweet home!” Jihoo softly spoke and faced her with a grin. “Do you want me to carry you again?”

She looked down while smiling shyly. “No thanks… I can manage…”

“Fine…” he went out of the car and walked around to open the door.

Yoonmei grabbed the lower part of her gown while moving out, then handed him his blazer. “Thanks… Wanna come in?”

“Maybe later… I’m pretty sure Jaejoong wants to show off his new car first.” he took the blazer and hurled it to the front seat. “Get inside. We’ll just follow you.” he nodded.

“Okay…” she went ahead still holding to her huge dress and clutch. “Jae! I’ll prepare some tea! Don’t take long, a’right?” she added.

“NEH!!!” her brother hollered.

She went through the wooden door and instantly wondered why not a single light was lit. “Grandpa?” she called.

Not a single response came so she took her phone to use it to guide her path. ‘Babo Yoonmei! He must be asleep already…’

That’s when she removed her heels to avoid making unnecessary noises.

When she continued to walk, a yelp escaped . “OW!” she lowered her phone and saw a huge ceramic pot blocking her path. “Aish! Kris should learn to put these back in the garden!” she moved it aside and muttered inaudible curses.

Yoonmei continued towards the kitchen, her head feeling a little dizzy.

Then a few soft groans caught her attention.

Her eyebrows furrowed right away as her feet moved towards it.

Something wasn't right. She could feel it. Luoyong always leaves the lights on. He never even fails to meet her or Jaejoong every time they come home.

Yoonmei brushed it off and moved on.

However, she stopped once again upon bumping into an obstacle. ‘Aish! What is it this time?’

She pointed her phone down, and the color drained from her face as she stared wide eyed.

“G-Grandpa?” she stuttered.

Even when her hands viciously trembled, she drew it closer to his face. ‘Oh my God…’

Then her phone came tumbling down the floor.

The moon’s reflection seeping through the window became her light so she saw Luoyong curling to his side, squeezing his chest and wheezing.

Her knees gave up.

Her stomach churned.

She can’t understand what is happening and all she could ever do was hold his hand.

“Mei…Mei…” he gasped deeply. “You’re… here…” and his words came with every syllable.

Everything turned slow motion. Her brain functioned a lot slower. Her reaction came at a slower pace. Even her words moved like a snail. “Yeye… What’s… wrong?”

“I think…” he breathed. “I… have… to go…”

Yoonmei carefully lifted Luoyong’s head and placed it on her thigh. She was like a 10 year old all over again when everything seemed hard to understand. “But why? Can I go with you?”

The old man coughed and was trying hard to breathe and talk at the same time. “I just… have to…” he smiled and looked up to her.

Luoyong hid all the discomfort, and all the shooting pains all over his body. “I think…my…work…here…” his breaths grew shallow. “…is done…”

Yoonmei briefly shut her eyes hoping it was just a bad dream.

When she opened them once again, it was still the same.

She brushed his grayed hair up and stared at his peaceful face. “Why are you leaving me, grandpa?”

He swallowed the extreme pain in his chest and held his granddaughter’s face. “So… I… can be… your angel…” he showed an eyesmile. “…to watch… and love you...” a tear fell from the corner of his eye. “…forever.”

“No grandpa!” she shook her head. “Stay with me!” her jaw quivered. “I need you! Don’t go! Please?”

His eyes fluttered.

His smiles grew weaker.

His breaths became faint.

“Yeye?” she shook him. “KIM LUOYONG!!!” she shouted.

That’s when everything started to sink in. An old man was starting to drift into darkness and his granddaughter won’t give up without a fight.

Yoonmei lowered him back and picked up her dress as she stood. “JAEJOOOONGGGG!!!” she yelled and ran as fast as she could.

Her brother and Jihoo were chatting and laughing when the main wooden door slammed wide open. “Yoonmei-ah? Wae?”

“JAE!!! GRANDPA!!!” she panicked.

The extreme scare from her face was all it took for Jaejoong to push Jihoo aside and sprinted inside the house. He slipped on the floor and hysterically shook his unconscious grandfather. “HARABEOJI!!! YAAHHH!!!”

Jihoo appeared beside him and was also on his knees. “Move Jae!” he hissed.

As soon as Jaejoong cleared his path, Jihoo started to resuscitate him. “One and two and three…”

“What’s he doing?” Yoonmei kneeled beside her brother.

“He’s trying to revive grandpa… Jihoo’s a doctor…” he said.

Jihoo felt Luoyong’s wrist. “! Still no pulse!” he hissed. “Jae, let’s take harabeoji to the hospital!”

Without thinking twice, Jaejoong carefully lifted the old man and carried him on his back. He ran to his car and lowered him on the front seat.

As soon as the engine started, he stepped hard on the gas leaving tire marks on the road.

Yoonmei and Jihoo also went to the Maserati and followed him.

The entire ride to the hospital was painfully silent.

Yoonmei was completely scared and frightened like nothing is real anymore. The bright and smiling face of her grandfather was the only thing she's holding onto. It convinced her that he’s gonna be fine. That he will come home first thing in the morning, and her life goes on just like it used to.

Both cars came to a stop, then the medical team came with an emergency bed. “What happened?” the doctor asked.

“He just had a heart attack!” Jihoo said.

The siblings nervously watch the nurses transfer Luoyong to the bed and hurriedly push it inside.

“Okay!” he responded. “You guys stay here! We’ll take care of him!” and followed his team.