Surviving

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Junpyo and Jandi came after Jihoo called them. They saw the siblings pacing back and forth outside the emergency room, and just like them, they were still in their formal attires.

Yoonmei gripped her own gown with one hand and clutch her necklace with the other.

Jaejoong went closer and wrapped his arms around her back. Not a single word escaped his mouth but his touch comforted her.

She leaned her head on his chest and closed her eyes. She needed that mental image of Luoyong’s smiling face. ‘Yeye… Don’t go, okay? I need you… We need you…’

Then the doctor came out.

He stopped in front of the siblings and slowly shook his head. “I’m so sorry…”

Yoonmei and Jaejoong got paralyzed at hearing the bad news. They were in disbelief and literal shock. They pretended that the news has not happened. He even closed his eyes and pretended nothing has happened.

When the doctor walked away, Yoonmei have a sudden surge of anger where the bottled up emotions got expulsed in a huge outpouring of grief. She pushed her brother and sprinted to the emergency room. “YEYEEEE!!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

She saw him lying on a hospital bed fully covered with white sheet from head to toe. A great sob escaped her quivering lips so she covered it with her shaking hands.

While approaching his side, she mumbled incoherent things through her fingers and choked on her sobs. “Yeye…”

As soon as she reached him, she hesitantly pulled the covers down.

Her heart was severely hurt and the tears endlessly poured from her eyes.

It's that feeling when someone just mercilessly and repeatedly stabbed you in the heart and ripped your lungs out.

Yoonmei never hesitated to hug his cold and stone-like body, drenching his chest with tears of sadness. “Yeye…” she wept. “Yeye… Come back…”

Jaejoong couldn’t pull himself from following his sister. When he realized the man he looked up to is now gone, he dropped on his knees and planted his fists on the floor. “WAAEEEEE???”

Jandi hid her face in Junpyo’s chest when she couldn’t bear watching their friend overcome with sorrow.

Jihoo walked over to him and held his trembling shoulders. “Jae… Your sister needs you… Go to her…”

He helped him up and after wiping his tears with his sleeve, Jaejoong went in the emergency room.

Jihoo followed him together with Junpyo who was holding onto his sobbing wife.

What’s left of their aching hearts came shattering into pieces.

They saw her talking to Luoyong and would sometimes touch his wrinkly face. “Grandpa… Please comeback…” she sniffled. “I promise… I will never raise my voice to you ever gain… I will be in my best behavior… I will clean the house, prepare our meals… I will show you that I can also grow cherry tomatoes…”

Jaejoong covered his mouth with both hands when uncontrollable sobs overtook him. He can’t bear seeing his sister break. He had never even seen her cry.

It’s the worst feeling in the world that seemed never fair. ‘Oh God! Why my sister? Why us?’

Through it all, he forced himself to walk closer. He held her shoulder and she instantly looked at him. “Jae… Eotteokke?”

That simple question hit him hard. All he could do was shake his head. “Dui bu qi, MeiMei~” and pulled her for a comforting embrace.

She cried upon feeling his chest. “Jaaeeeee….”

“I know sis…” he squeezed her into his arms and kissed the top of her head. “Don’t worry, okay? I will always be here... Mom and dad will be here for you…” he kept reassuring her even if it means his own sanity. “I will make you breakfast if I have to… I will tuck you to bed every single night… I will do everything, MeiMei!”

Yoonmei pulled away from him and hugged Luoyong again with a hole in her heart. “Yeye…” her tears kept pouring down. “I will miss you so much…” she then raised herself and pressed her cheek into his stiffened cheek. “Wo ai ni, yeye… I love you sooooo…much…”