Too Much

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Yet again, Yoonmei comes home in total mess. All thanks to Daehyun’s blazer, she was able to conceal the evidence. She has been very effective at hiding her troubles, and being bullied is not an exception.

Kris however was leaning towards telling Luoyong about it but after a heated argument and threats, he surrendered. She even made him agree to stay out of it for the sake of his reputation. He lied, of course. For one, he doesn’t have a reputation to keep. He has been the outcast but never complained about it. No one talks to him, no one cares about him, every one leaves him alone. Second, what man would let a girl suffer right in front of his eyes? For him, she may have the worst personality but still deserves to be treated with respect.

He still continued walking Yoonmei to school, and fetches her after. But during his free time, he would run to the high school campus and watch her from afar. That’s how he knew how grave the situation is. He saw how much pain Yoonmei is going through. Every verbal threat, name calling, and occasional smacks in the head, made his heart swell. At times, he can hardly breathe when he could almost feel the pain she’s enduring.

One afternoon, he saw her walking towards the cafeteria when the queenka and her friends stopped in front of her. Yoonmei side stepped to avoid them but she followed her. She had her arms crossed on her chest with an eyebrow raising to the roof. It smelled confrontation from miles away so Kris kept a pair of wary eyes while hiding behind a pillar.

Hyeri has long brown hair with a slanting ribbon on the side and heavy makeup. “You’re Yoonmei, right?”

“Mhmmm! Wae?” she calmly replied.

“I know about your grandfather’s secret…”

‘Oh ! Does that mean she knows about me as well?’ her eyes rounded. Yoonmei prepared herself to be revealed as the granddaughter of one of the richest man in Korea and Hong Kong. “Oh really?” she remained composed and played cool.

Hyeri faked an eyesmile while twirling her hair. “Yup! He’s one VERY evil man! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” the two behind her chuckled.

Yoonmei grew curious and something tells her it’s not about how wealthy they are. “Can you tell me what this is all about? I’ve got things to do!” she said.

At that point in time, students started to flock them. Some wanted to eavesdrop, while others just wanted to watch the show.

F4 also happened to pass by so they stopped.

Hyeri looked at the crowd and cupped with a matching aegyo voice. “Yeorobeun~ You better stay away from her grandfather~”

“Wae???” they all chorused.

Then an evil smile formed on her face. “Coz I heard that he’s a e~”

They gasped.

The boys of F4 looked at each other. They never thought how far the bullying have gone, and the making up of stories would evolve. It went out of hand that they even failed to control.

Kris moved a step from his spot but instantly stopped when he saw Yoonmei grab Hyeri’s neck with one hand.

Her face tensed in anger: furrowed brows, rigid jaw, flaring nostrils, and eyes that can burn with just a stare. “Say that again!” she gritted her teeth.

Hyeri however couldn’t talk from her tightened grip. Together with everyone behind them, her two friends stepped back.

“Who told you that?” Yoonmei sneered, and the muscle on her arm started to flex. “TELL ME!!!”

“N-No…O-One…” she choked and tears followed. "M-Miahnae..."

Mercy never existed in Yoonmei’s book at that moment. She can take all the ridicule but not anyone she loves. “MWOH??? Did F4 told you to do it???” she slowly shook her head. “THEN WHO DID???”

Hyeri’s breathing turned shallow, her eyes even started to flutter. “I…I …made…” she gasped. “…it…all…up…”

Then a loud slap rang through the hall leaving Hyeri in a wave of tears.

Everyone flinched at the sound of it, and their eyes widened when blood dripped from her nose.

Yoonmei pushed her so hard that she landed on the floor. The crowd backed away as she kneeled on top of her, grabbing her collar. “How dare you say that to my grandfather? Do you even know what he’s capable of??? HUH???" she shook her. "He can buy your entire clan and turn them into slaves!!!” “YOU DISRESPECT ME, I BREAK YOUR NOSE!” she shook her again. “YOU DISRESPECT MY FAMILY, I’M GOING TO RECONSTRUCT YOUR FACE!” Yoonmei growled, then threw a solid punch on the victim.

Hyeri passed out. Her face swelled in an instant, turning into a shade of dark red.

Yoonmei looked around. Seeing the scared faces of the students fueled her anger even more. She had it. Too much has happened and she can’t take it anymore.

She suddenly stood and grabbed Hyeri’s hair. She dragged her like a rag doll towards the cafeteria where more students have gathered. The principal came running with Mr. Kang and saw her standing on a table with Hyeri on her feet.

“THIS IS MY LAST WARNING!!! I AM IN NO WAY SCARED OF ANYBODY!” she yelled. “YOU CAN TALK BEHIND MY BACK, CALL ME THE DIRTIEST NAME ON EARTH, BUT I. DON’T. GIVE. A. SINGLE. !” she snarled. “TRY TOUCHING ME ONE MORE TIME AND I WOULDN’T THINK TWICE OF FIGHTING BACK!” she warned. “I HAVEN’T KILLED ANYONE IN MY LIFE, BUT I’D LOVE TO GIVE IT A TRY!”

Then she saw Kai by the door, in a stripe sweater, looking at her.

“NOT EVEN YOU! !“

F4 never thought how much hate Yoonmei has for them, especially to Kai. She is disgusted at the sight of him, gets irritated at the sound of his name, she reluctantly comes up with ways of killing him in her mind, and makes her want to gouge her eyes out with a jagged piece of glass. That’s how much she despises him.

Kai squeezed through the crowd, and after stepping up into the table, he suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her down. “I will only stop if you kneel and beg for my forgiveness!” he said.

She shoved his hand and pushed him. “You really don’t know when to stop do you? I hate you so much! People like you make me sick! Get the away from me!” she stormed out of the cafeteria, fuming mad.

F4 moved to follow her.

Kris suddenly appeared in front of them, firmly grabbing Kai's jacket. “Stay away from Yoonmei! I have nothing to lose, Jongin! Believe me!”

“Woooo! I’m scared!” Kai chuckled.

Yoonmei saw them yet continued to leave.

“Yah! Aren’t you gonna stop them?” asks a random student.

“I don't give a ! They can kill each other for all I care!”

Kris released Kai and caught up with Yoonmei. They never spoke a word but seeing them walk side by side left a twinge of curiosity for Kai.