Worth The Risk

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Kai totally ditched his arrogance and bad boy image aside. He was calm, reserved and in a very good mood. He even dressed the part really well.

The Armani suit precisely fitted his buffed frame, and also wore a black trench coat over it.

After bowing to her mother and brother, Kai followed Yoonmei and opened the door of his red Lamborghini.

Yoonmei stepped closer and was shocked to see a single white rose on the front seat. She picked it up and smelled it afterwards. ‘Aigooo~ Who would’ve thought he can actually pull this kind of stuff?’ her lips curled up. “Thanks~”

“You’re welcome…” he said and softly placed a hand on her back. “Get in…”

As soon as he saw her comfortably sitting, he closed the door and went over the driver seat.

She suddenly got a run of hot flushes when Kai hovered her with their faces too close to each other.

They stared into each other deeply.

She can see through his brown eyes with nothing but honesty. Even his warm breaths brushed her moist lips. If she hadn’t blinked, he would’ve just stayed for so long to keep worshipping her. “You look great, by the way…” he muttered and pulled away after fixing her seatbelt.

Yoonmei looked out the window and puffed her cheeks while blowing out an air. ‘Is the a/c not working? Why is it so hot in here?’

She flinched when the engine roared making her grip on the seat. ‘Relax Mei! What’s wrong with you? Aish!’

Kai saw her eyes closed and breathing heavily. That made him question himself if he actually made the right decision. There’s that doubt that she might’ve regretted agreeing to the deal.

He gripped the steering wheel and directed his attention to the windshield. “Ermmm… We can cancel this if you like. I can’t force you out of your will…”

“A-Aniyo!” Yoonmei waved her hands. “I’m just a bit nervous, that’s all! It’s okay, Jongin!”

 “Are you sure?” he faced her.

“Neh!” she nodded. “This happens all the time! Don’t mind me!” she grinned and signaled. “Just drive and I’ll be fine in no time…”

Kai placed hand on her head and smiled. “Komawo~”

“For what?” she wondered.

“For everything! It really means a lot, Mei!”

She replied with a meek smile, then he drove to their destination.

Although the trip was rather silent and awkward, Yoonmei turned calm while enjoying the sights on the street. She has never been in that side of the city so it distracted her.

Kai on the other hand kept glancing at her when the red light was on. That simple eyesmile from her was all it took to assure that the risk might just paid off.

The car stopped in a parking space.

After Kai went out and wearing a pair of leather gloves, he opened the door and reached out a hand to Yoonmei.

She took it and went out.

Her eyes roamed around as she was caught breathless. “Uwaaaa~ It’s beautiful!”

Kai pulled her closer and securely linked their arms. “Wait ‘til we get to that tower!” he pointed at a communication and observation tower from a distance. “That right there is the Namsan Tower! And we’re gonna take those cable cars to reach it!”

“Se-Seriously?” she stuttered and gripped his arm. ‘Oh no…’

“Wae? Something wrong?” he looked over her.

“No-Nothing…” she shook her head while putting up a brave face.

Good thing it was night time when they came or every person they met might have recognized her. She just kept half of her face in her buttoned up coat while Kai guided her.

As they stepped out of the elevator and went to the main entrance of the gondolas, Yoonmei froze and swallowed hard at the mode of transportation.

Kai moved a stepped but she remained glued in her spot, slack faced and completely pale. He turned in front of her and pinched her chin up. “Hey… What’s wrong?”

“Ermmm…” her eyes moved from side to side. “I-I’m extremely scared…of heights…”

Just looking at the floating cable cars locked her knees and made her blood stopped flowing. It made her dizzy that she could almost throw up her lunch.

Kai saw how scared she was so he cupped her face with his warm hands. “Mei… Look at me…” she opened her eyes and stared into him. “I’m not gonna let anything happen to you, okay? I’ll be with you all the way…” she breathed out a huge air. “Do you trust me?” she nodded hesitantly and he opened a palm to her. “Take my hand and don’t let go.”

“Okay…” she murmured.

Kai took small steps making sure Yoonmei can adjust and get used to the height.

As they walked up the metal stairs, her heart raced faster and she can hardly breathe already. Kai squeezed their fingers together and it got her back on track.

Never had she realized that she actually made it inside the cable car. There were only them and another couple on the rear so it left her with a lot of room to breathe.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Mhmmm…” she mumbled.

Kai stood in front of her while she leaned against the window to avoid seeing the scenery. She also closed her eyes when she refused to see anything.

She suddenly released his hand and grabbed his coat when the engine started. The sound almost drove her crazy and floating hundreds of feet above the ground just gave her negative images. ‘Oh God! I don’t wanna die! Please don’t let me die! ! !’ she thought every curse possible just to ease her tension but failed miserably.

Kai saw her weakened and helpless for the first time. It’s very unusual seeing her that way and he can’t help but worry. “Mei… You’re okay…” he kept assuring her. “We’re almost there…”

“Hooooo~” she breathed.

Out of nowhere, she instinctively wrapped her arms and sunk her face in his suit.

The cable car viciously shook when a raging wind passed by.

She was like a gecko stuck in Kai’s body who refused to leave every inch of him. She no longer cared if he will for the rest of their lives, but it’s the least of her worries at that moment. “Jo-Jongin… I’m scared…” her voice even trembled.

“It’s nothing, Mei…” he rubbed her back. “Relax… See? We’re still moving… We’re almost there…”

Then it stopped.

Kai kept both arms around her while walking out. “You can open your eyes now…”

Yoonmei did as told and breathed a deep sigh of relief while placing a palm on her calming heart. “Aigooo~ I thought I’m gonna die…” then slapped Kai’s arm.

“OW!” he leaned away.

“Is this your idea of a date? Aish!” she faked a punch.

‘Glad she’s normal again!’ he snorted and laced their fingers once again. “Had I known you’re the biggest scaredy cat on Earth, I wouldn’t have brought you here in the place! Pft!” he then pulled her into a crystal door.

“That’s why you’re supposed to ask questions or research about your date, you idiot!” she scolded while trailing him.

“Yeah! Yeah! Whatever!” he beckoned and kept walking inside a museum.

Then, Kai noticed when the whining girl behind him became quiet. He turned and saw her gawking in different directions. was left gaping while her eyes turned round and sparkling.

“Uwaaaa~” was all she said.

Yoonmei was caught speechless at the adorable teddy bears on display. Some were as big as a normal human, some were small, fat, pretty, ugly, and were all in different costumes and garments. It was like being in teddy bear land and felt like a kid all over again.

She released his hand to skip around and move closer to each bear. Kai followed her without leaving his eyes on her after slipping both hands in his pockets.

“Omo! Yeppeoda!” she squealed while stooping at a white bear garbed in a pink hanbok complete with a hairpiece.

Yoonmei got distracted that she failed to notice Kai’s disappearance. She was left all alone in a corner, praising every teddy bear in her eyes.

Then, a brown medium sized bear which hugged a red heart flashed before her eyes. “Tadah!”

She straightened up and tilted her head to the side. That’s when she saw Kai holding the bear while shaking it from left to right.

“It’s for you…”

“Awwww~ You don’t have to…” she took it and raised it closer to her face. ‘Aigooo~ It even smells like him. Kekeke~’ “Ahh! I’m gonna call him, Kkamjong!”

“Then Kkamjong it is!” he agreed and walked beside her.

Yoonmei kept looking around while hugging Kai’s gift. She craned her neck as if she was looking for something. When she spotted her target, she tiptoed out of his sight.

“Mei?” Kai searched the empty room.

He’s well aware that she’s fine by herself but there’s still that hint of worry eating him up. “Kim Yoonmei!” he started raising his voice. “This is not ing funny! Where the hell are you?”

“Relax will ya!” she chuckled behind him and raised a white teddy bear wearing a pink dress. “I got you something as well…”

Kai snatched it right away and kissed the smiling lips. “Mmmwaahh~ My Cinderella!” he then took her hand. “Let’s go! I’m pretty sure the princess is starving already.”

He towed her to a revolving restaurant on top of the tower and sat near the window. “I hope you don’t mind sitting here…” he pulled out her chair.

“Not at all…” she sat.

“But I thought you’re scared of heights?” he asked after taking a seat across her.

Their teddy bears also sat side by side on the table.

“I am! It only gets me when riding roller coasters, gondolas, or ferris wheels.” she explained.

“That’s weird…” he chuckled.

They gradually opened up to each other even until their food came. They talked about almost everything about their lives.

Yoonmei found out how worse Kai’s mother is and that he chose to keep it all in since she was his mother after all.

Kai on other hand found out how dark her life was in Hong Kong and how much of a troublemaker she is until she came to Korea.

Then it went to a different direction.

She has been itching him to ask about that one particular question which he might refuse to answer.

“Ermmmm…” she ate slowly. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure!” he beamed and lowered his utensils to listen to her.

Yoonmei took a deep breath and looked at him intently. “Uhmmm… Why…do you like me?”

Kai let out a soft chuckle and continued to eat but slower. “Because no matter how bad you think you are…” he stared at his plate. “I still see the most beautiful and irresistible girl on Earth and nothing can ever change that.”

It was the same thing Luhan told her, and the same butterflies she got that overwhelmed her. That even when she already built up all those defenses, built a whole suit of armor so that no one will fall for a person like her, there are still that stupid people who gets lost and wander into her messy life.

“What if…” she spoke after lowering her utensils. “What if don’t feel the same way?”

Kai knew he's got a lot to show and prove to Yoonmei, and all those people around them left him a big challenge. Yes, it’s easy to love someone but how can you be sure if that someone loves you back. Through it all, Kai chose to keep on fighting without even knowing how to win.

He stopped eating and gazed into her eyes. “I believe that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to… doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.” he then reached out to her hand. “You know that my life is never better…” he shook his head. “…and having you doesn't make everything easier as well…” he squeezed their fingers together. “You just made everything worth it.”

That left Yoonmei astounded. She didn’t ask for it. It happened just like that and she found herself hostage between people who meant a lot to her.

‘Why is it sooo hard? Waeeeee???’ she slapped her forehead.

“Hey… What’s wrong?” Kai worried.

“Oh! Nothing! Hehehe~” she faked a smile.

“Finish up then! I’m still about to take you to our last stop!” he beamed.

“There’s more?” she gawked, he nodded proudly. ‘Tch! Show off!’ she chuckled.

Right after Kai paid for their hearty meal, he hugged both bears with one hand and held her fingers with the other. He pulled her out of the restaurant then into the tower fence.

The view was not just spectacular but also the hanging padlocks on the fence. There were thousands of them with messages written on it. Kai explained to her what it’s all about and even offered if she wanted to do the same.

“Nah! I’m good…” she grinned.

They chose to enjoy the sight and breathe in the fresh air instead. Kai would point at a distance and talk about Seoul’s geography.