Take My Hand

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Jaejoong slipped on his golden half mask and strutted towards the grandiose lobby. All heads turned not just to the celebrant but the two people behind him as well. Everyone recognized Jihoo but the girl he was linking arms with, seemed to be very strange.

They all know that both guys don’t have rumored girlfriends so it was quite a shock to see one of them have someone being intimate with.

Yoonmei remained calmed and composed when Jihoo never failed at reassuring her. His touch protected her, and his confidence secured her. He would sometimes glance over his shoulder for a smile that can strengthen a weakened soul.

‘He's a right choice after all…’ she thought and replied with an eyesmile. “Komawo Jihoo sunbae...”

Those words lifted his spirit. It brought him back to the days he was head over heels with a girl that meant everything to him.

But Yoonmei was all he could see and feel at that moment. “It’s nothing, Yoonmei…” he softly spoke.

Two men in dark suits opened the two main wooden doors. Jaejoong walked in and they followed.

The grand ballroom of Ritz Carlton was turned into Winter Wonderland complete with smoke on the floor, blue lighting, mirrors, and frosty trees. It was magical and enchanting, almost being in a different dimension. Yoonmei followed her ’s lead as if floating towards a forest filled with sparkling blue wisps and a sound of chimes tingled in her ears.

She instinctively scooted closer to his side when the cool temperature sent shivers all over her body. The warmth from his blazer gave temporary comfort.

He swiftly took her hand and laced their fingers together. “Better?”

She responded with a meek smile and slow nod.

“Yoon Jihoo! Over here!” a voice called.

He looked to the direction and saw his best friend waving while sitting at a round table.

“Oh! It’s Junpyo!” he whispered.

Yoonmei swallowed hard at the sound of his name and was left staggering when he gently pulled her. ‘Aish! That guy smell trouble from miles away!’

“KIM… YOO…” Junpyo hollered and got cut off when a hand covered his mouth.

“Yah! Shut the up! You’re blowing her cover! Aish!” someone hissed and looked over to Yoonmei. “Sorry about that, dongasaeng! Come! Sit beside me!”

“Jandi unnie!” Yoonmei shrieked and excitedly took the chair beside her. “Uwaaaa~” she gawked while looking at her from head to toe.

Jandi also wore a white ball gown with a silver half mask. “Noooooomeu yeppeo!!!” she clapped.

“Komawo!” he released her husband’s mouth and turned her back to chat with Yoonmei.

“Once a bully, always a bully! Aish!” Junpyo scowled and faked a punch behind Jandi’s head.

She ignored him and chose to chat with Yoonmei instead after leaning closer towards her ear. “That monkey told me everything about you…” she pointed her husband. “Don’t worry… Your secret is safe even if he’s a loudmouth!”

They giggled leaving the two guys intrigued.

“Dude! I don’t think it’s a good idea they sit together!” Junpyo whined.

“Nah… Girls should hang out together or they’ll grow bored if they’re stuck with us.” Jihoo explained.

“MWOH???” the leader raged and threw a fit. “But I want time with my Jandi!”

Yoonmei sntached a flower from the centerpiece and hurled it to his face. “Don’t be such a baby! You have her every night for God knows how long, and I don’t even wanna imagine the things you do to her! Kekeke~” she snickered.

Junpyo placed a hand at the back of his neck when his blood started to boil. “This girl will be the death of me! I swear!” he looked at the ceiling. “Lord? Please don’t let my future daughter be like her mother or that evil girl. Please?”

Jandi laughed and high fived Yoonmei.

With that, the atmosphere loosened up. The guys talked while the girls continued bullying and teasing them.

In the middle of a cheerful giggle, Yoonmei suddenly froze and became stiff.

“Yah…” Jandi chuckled. “Gwenchana?”

“U-Unnie…” she stuttered while looking at a distance.

Jandi turned to the direction and saw the younger version of Junpyo standing without a mask on. He may not be as eye catching as his sunbaes, but Kai definitely proved to be as handsome and dashing.

He was clapping while listening to Jaejoong deliver a thank you speech to the audience. Daehyun, Sehun and Zelo also cheered from behind.

From that moment on, Yoonmei could almost crawl under the table and dig a hole to hide herself. She sat at the edge of her chair while frantically looking from side to side, looking for an escape.

The adults noticed so they calmed her.

Jihoo pushed his chair closer to her and placed an arm around her bare shoulder. “Relax Mei… I told you I’m here right? You’ll be fine…” he whispered.

“He’s right, Mei…” Junpyo turned serious and reached out to her hand. “I didn’t like the idea at first, but seeing you happy is more important to me.”

“Yeah… Chill with it, Mei!” Jandi rubbed her back. “Besides, what’s the use of your mask anyway?”

Yoonmei gradually gained her confidence. She even looked back at her four friends who had no idea about her presence.

Jaejoong’s voice echoed through the room as he stood in the middle of the dance floor.

His male assistant just handed him a key to a brand new Porsche Carrera GT. “Thanks to my grandfather for this!” he beamed. “Just so you know, he was also the one who gave me my Audi R8. He’s a cool grandpa like that!”

The crowd roared in cheers and he handed back the key to his assistant.

“Now!” he heaved a deep breath and continued. “I am about to introduce to you the love of my life!”

Yoonmei could almost morph into the tree centerpiece right away.

“I love her so much and I would do anything for her!” Jaejoong added.

When all else failed, she sunk her face in Jihoo’s chest and covered her ears. “What the is he doing?” she hissed. “Is he trying to kill me?”

Jihoo chuckled and lifted her head to fix her mask. “Relax Mei… Trust Jaejoong… He knows what he is doing…” he murmured.

“I don’t know anymore… Urgh!” she looked down and gripped onto his blazer instead.

When Jaejoong walked closer, her heart swelled and started to breathe at a faster pace. ‘Breathe Mei… Breathe…’

“Ladies and gentleman! I would like you to meet…” Jaejoong announced.

The spotlight hovered her and he reached out a hand. “…my sister!”

The room was suddenly replaced with gasps and murmurs. Junpyo and Jandi gave her a comforting pat on the back while Jihoo rubbed her hand.

‘You are so dead Kim Jaejoong! I’m gonna ing kill you later!’ she looked up to him with a piercing stare but his eyes were nothing with sincerity. ‘Aish! Be thankful it’s your birthday and I love you this much!’

She took her brother’s hand and he slowly pulled her to the center. Never had she imagined to stand in front of a huge crowd, scared out of her wits. If it wasn’t for her mask, everyone in that room could’ve seen how much her face have gone red.

Yoonmei looked down to avoid everyone’s gaze while her brother comfortably held her hand, and the mic with the other. “I will not reveal her name since she has always been a private person!” he announced and she looked at him. “She spent all her life living abroad just to stay away from the glitz and glamour of being a part of the Kim household.”

Jaejoong gave her a smile and that’s all it took to ease her nerves. ‘He’s so cool!’ she smirked and he turned to the crowd once again. “This is my way of showing how proud I am to have her as my sister! And the world should know about it!” he released her hand and moved a step to the side. “Again! Please meet my pride and joy… My amazing sister!”

Yoonmei got a boost of confidence.

She held her gown and took a bow like a princess by bending the knees with one foot forward and lowering the body.

Jihoo, Jandi, and Junpyo stood and gave an applause. The crowd also did the same to cheer her on.

Jaejoong gave the mic to his assistant and opened a palm to her. “Can I dance with my little sister?”

A slow music started playing.

She dropped him another curtsy and took his hand. “I’d be more than happy… BRO!” she chuckled.

Jaejoong held her waist with the other while their joined hands were raised at shoulder level.

Yoonmei also relaxed her free hand on his shoulder as they started to sway to the beat of the music.

“So? What do you think?” he asked.

“Not bad…” she slowly nodded. “That was the coolest you ever did by far!” she admitted.

“Tch! That’s hardly even half of what I’m capable of!”

“Right…” she rolled her eyes.

The crowd watched the siblings dance and exchanged radiant smiles through the dim hall. As much as they want to bug Jaejoong about the identity of his sister, they still chose to respect his decision and waited for the time she will be revealed to the public.

F4 on the other hand couldn’t leave their eyes off her. They noticed the striking resemblance between Jaejoong’s sister and a very dear friend.

With the way his heart beat at the sight of her, the way his body gets a wave of electric shock at her smiles, Daehyun knew it’s the same person.

With the way his feet moved towards her like a magnet, the way his body responded at her presence, Kai could never go wrong that she is her.

That distinct smile and those eyes sparkling through the blue lights, they knew deep in their hearts that they are the same person.

But there’s still that possibility that she can’t be her.

“Yoonmei?” Daehyun muttered.

“This can’t be happening! I don’t think it’s her, hyung!” Zelo added.

“Yeah… That girl is filthy rich! It can never be her!” Sehun even rubbed his eyes.

The dance floor got crowded that even Junpyo and Jandi joined the siblings. Jihoo also left their table and took over Jaejoong. “Dude! Time’s up! I’d be glad to have my muse back!”

“Yeah right!” her brother smirked. “Take your time coz Cinderella is about to go home soon… Mwahahaha!” he laughed and danced with a college friend instead.

Jihoo ignored him and took Yoonmei’s hand. “Having fun?”

“Mhmmm!” she also held his shoulder.

“See? I told you!” he smiled and they danced.