Moving On

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

A couple of days later, Yoonmei was discharged from the hospital. She went home healthy and fully recovered.

Her parents however didn’t allow her to go back to school. Instead, she was homeschooled and the boys would only go to her house for tutoring.

Kris also moved out of his house and went to live with Kai in their mansion. He was also homeschooled to balance his education with work.

Jaejoong went back to his penthouse when everything was settled with Yoonmei and his mom. Their dad also flew back home to keep an eye on their businesses.

One afternoon, Yoonmei came into realization that Luhan needed to go back to Hong Kong. She found herself standing in the airport with Jaejoong on his side.

“He’s here sis!” Jaejoong nudged her and pointed at an opposite direction.

Yooonmei turned and saw Luhan at a distance. He proved to be very attractive and charming in his coat over a white shirt. He seemed a bit lost and down but as soon as he caught eyes with her, his face brightened up. “Mei?”

She ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “LuLu…”

He caught her and embraced her tighter as much as he can. “Hey… Didn’t I tell you to stay home? You’re making it harder for me, MeiMei…”

Jaejoong walked up to him and ruffled his hair. “Sorry bro… I got bullied once again, so here we are!”

Luhan sighed and pressed his lips on her shoulder. “Dui bu qi, Mei… But I really have to go… I’ve been away for so long and my parents miss me already…”

“I know…” she muttered in his chest. “It’s just that… I’m gonna miss you…”

Luhan slightly pulled away and cupped her face. “Why? Don’t you think I won’t miss you?” he pinched her nose. “I’ll be back! Promise!”

Without any warning, her tears suddenly fell. Her jaw quivered, and lips formed into a pout. “Luhan…”

“Aigooo~ Don’t cry…” he wiped them away with his thumb. “Listen to me, okay?” she sniffled. “I will call you every hour if I have to. I will make sure it’s my voice you hear before going to sleep instead of Jongin…” she laughed while sobbing. “Seriously Mei, I will call you, text you, I’ll do everything, okay?” she slowly nodded. “Stop crying already… Come here…”

Yoonmei sunk her face in his chest while Luhan kept her hair with his fingers and talked to Jaejoong. She refused to leave him as they waited for him to board his flight.

“Final call to all passengers bound for Hong Kong. Please board the aircraft now!” says the PA system.

Luhan pulled away yet Yoonmei still have her hands around his waist. “Well… That’s me!”

“LuLu…” her lips curled and cried once again. “Luhan…”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and slapped his forehead. “Oh c’mon sis! Luhan is not dying for God sake! Don’t be such a baby!”

Luhan chuckled while Yoonmei was too caught up with her sadness. “Don’t listen to gege… You’re still my baby…” he then raised her head and saw how much her eyes swelled. “Wo ai ni, MeiMei! I know you’re lips are not mine anymore so I’ll have this instead.” he tilted his head to the side, and planted his warmest and softest kiss on her cheek.

Her eyes fluttered, and her grip on his waist tightened. “I’m gonna miss you, Luhan…”

“Me too…” then he kissed her forehead. “Take care of yourself, a’right? Take your medicines and don’t skip meals!”

“Mhmmm…” she sniffled and he gently removed her hands from his waist. He brought her to Jaejoong where she instantly hid her face in his jacket.

“Hyung… I’ll go ahead. Thank you for everything!” he bowed to him ninety degrees.

Jaejoong went to him after securing Yoonmei with one arm, and gave Luhan a bro hug with his other arm. “Anytime bro! You’re always welcome to come by!”

Luhan smiled for the last time. “Take care of her for me please!”

“I will!” Jaejoong nodded.

He walked closer to Yoonmei who was weeping in her brother’s chest and kissed the top of her head. “Bye Mei…”

She refused to look at him and chose to murmur in tears. “Bye LuLu…”

 

-----------

 

That night, Yoonmei found herself tossing and turning on her bed. She laid there for hours not knowing what to do. She drank warm milk, counted up to a thousand sheep, listened to slow music yet nothing proved to be effective.

Out of instinct, she suddenly grabbed her phone from the bedside table and curled to her side. She scanned through hundreds of pictures. There’s Jaejoong and Junpyo oh his birthday, the younger F4 during one of their tutor sessions, her selca with Jihoo, and countless more.

As she slides her finger on the screen, one particular image caught her attention. It was a candid shot of Kai that she secretly took.

Her lips instantly curled up as she ran a finger on it. She felt warm with his teasing smile, and a giggle escaped her lips. “Aish! This idiot!”

As her eyes sparkled, a light bulb flicked in her head. It’s like a wave of electric jolts passed through her body that she rose and left her room.

She got in her car, pj's and all, and drove to his house.

In the middle of the cold night, she pushed the wooden doors, ran up the huge staircase, and never stopped until reaching the end of the hall.

The door slowly opened and there she saw the guy in her phone, curling on his side and sleeping peacefully while covered by a blanket from chest down.

Kai had his back against the door, so she tiptoed to the other side and crawled in bed next to him.

He was awakened by an arm draping on his waist and a lavender scented clothing. “M-Mei?”

“Hi…” she looked up to him.

“What are you doing here? Did you drive all the way here?” he rose but she pulled him back down.

“It’s okay… Can I stay here? I can’t sleep…”

Kai smiled and pulled her closer to his chest. “Of course babe…” he then kissed her head.

‘Aigooo~ That sound so good… I can definitely get used to this!’ her lips curled up. “Good night, Kkamjong…”

“Good night…” he yawned.