Disappearance

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Morning came and it was school once again.

Yoonmei went to school but it was Kris who drove her car. They went together and he was back to his usual self.

He also walked her to class. “See you around!”

“Yup!” she waved. “By the way, mom told me earlier that she wants to see you later during lunch. Not at home but in her office.”

“Huh? Wae?” he wondered.

“I don’t know… But you know where it is right?” she shrugged.

“Yup! I’ll just see her then!”

“You can take my car! I won’t use it until classes ends!” she added.

“Cool! Thanks!” he waved while walking backwards. “Have fun, Mei! Bye~”

She waved back and went to her class.

The day started off just fine. Lectures with Mr. Kang went smoothly. Pop quizzes came by like a breeze, and as expected, Yoonmei aced it all.

When lunch came, she went to join F4 in their lounge which has always been her routine.

As soon as she stepped through the glass door, the lounge was empty and the butler was the only one who met her. “Annyeong haseyo~” he bowed.

“Ermmm… Where are the guys?” she looked around.

“I’m sorry but they didn’t attend any of their classes this morning…”

“Huh? Jinjja?” he nodded. “Waeyo?”

“I’m sorry agashi but I don’t know. You can call them if you like.” he suggested.

“Oh right! Thanks~” she bowed and left.

Just as she reached the main hallway, she took out her phone and dialed Kai. “Ehh?” she stared at her screen upon reaching a voice mail.

Then she decided to call Daehyun.

“What the hell? Why isn’t he answering?” her eyebrows furrowed and tapped the screen once again. “You better answer, Sehun! Or I’m gonna kill you!”

She drew it closer to her ear and only got disappointed. “Aish!”

Her fingers could almost drill a hole on the screen when she tried for Zelo.

“Mei?” he answered.

“Yah! Where are you? Why the hell aren’t you in school?” she fumed.

“Mei! Listen to me first!” he interrupted her. “Something came up, okay? I’m gonna call you back in 10 minutes and tell you about it!”

With the way his voice trembled and talk in a faster pace, she knew something bad happened. “What? Why not now? Yah! Choi Junhong!”

“Coz I’m driving okay? Just stay in school and wait for my call, araseo?” then he hung up.

Yoonmei paced while clutching her phone and nervously biting her lower lip. ‘What the hell is going on? This doesn’t feel good at all. They never skipped school for so long now! And they never ignore my calls!’

Her feet moved when the urge of leaving school became an option.

But she stopped. ‘Zelo said I should stay here… Besides, Kris got my car! Aish!’

She continued pacing while staring at her phone particularly at the clock. “Zelo-ah… Please call… Please… C’mon Zelo! Please…” she chanted.

True enough, at the ten minute mark, her phone rung.

“Junhong-ah! Wae?”

“Meet me at the parking lot! Now!”

Then she ran.

Yoonmei ran and ran even when she was running out of breath. Her hair kept slapping her face yet she ignored it.

She saw Zelo pacing in front of a black Fisker Karma. “Junhong-ah!”

“Mei!” he stopped and turned to her.

“What? Did something happened? Where are your hyungs???” she panted.

“Jongin hyung is missing... That’s why we all skipped class to look for him!”

Her chest exploded.

Nothing made sense but those simple words turned her world upside down. “M-Mwoh? What do you mean missing?”

“All I know right now is that he never made it to school!” he said.

“Did you call their house? Did you call him?” she panicked.

“We did! And the butler said he left like he usually does! But he never made it, Mei! His phone is dead too! He never leaves without it! You know that!”

Zelo started pacing once again and crossed both hands behind his head.

Yoonmei saw how scared he was and she knew it was something really grave. “Relax Junhong! He prolly went somewhere. Just continue looking for him, okay? He’s fine! Don’t worry!”

“I hope so too, Mei! This doesn’t feel right at all!” he blew out an air.

“Then don’t think about it!” she held his arms. “Ask help from your dad! Ask every connection you know to track Jongin down!”

“Neh!” he calmed. “I’ll call you if we find any leads!”

“Okay! Be careful alright!” she said and he jumped back to his car.

The tires screeched on the asphalt and swerved towards the exit.

Yoonmei turned to her phone once again and drew it to her ear. “Jae? Where are you?”

“At work, wae?”

“I need your help!”

With that, she went back to the lounge to continue lunch and skip the rest of the afternoon class. The butler helped her contact any person they know just to find Kai’s whereabouts.

----------

Meanwhile, Kris drove to Miyung’s office which was located at a penthouse on one of the high rise buildings in Gangnam.

There he met the gracious lady who was a totally different person. She was no longer the reserved and well mannered mother to a rebellious daughter but a strong and intimidating woman who now has an immense confidence and powerfulness.

Her assistant guided him into her vast workspace.

“E-Eomeoni…” he bowed.

“Oh hi Wu Fan!” she left her desk and went to a nearby table filled with various dishes.  “Come! Have lunch with me!”

“N-Neh… Kamsahamnida~” he bowed once again and followed her.

She then gestured to her assistant. “You may leave us…”

“Eomeoni? What is this all about?” he wondered and took a seat across her.

Miyung clasped both hands on the table and fervently hoped Luoyong was able to raise Kris well. “I want you to listen to me carefully, okay?”

“Neh…” he agreed.

And so they talked...

----------

Classes have already ended and Kai was still nowhere to be found. F3 were left hanging around wondering where their leader is. They haven’t been able to get in touch with him, and there’s no news of him at all.

Since Kris hasn’t come back yet, Sehun drove Yoonmei home and left right after dropping her to continue looking.

“Mom?” she called while removing her Prada heels upon reaching the doorstep. “Jae?”

“Agashi!” a maid greeted her. “They’re not here yet!”

Yoonmei walked in and further asked. “Oh! Did someone came by? Kris? Jongin?”

“Nope! But this came through the mail.” the maid handed her a brown envelop.

She took it and the maid left.

What she uncovered was the most dreadful thing a person could ever receive.

She got a ransom-esque note where the letters where cut out from a magazine that reads.

“If you want to save Kai, you must come alone.”

Along with it is a polaroid with an unconscious Kai, tied to a chair and gagged by a duck tape.

Yoomei rushed to her room for a change of more comfortable clothes: skinny jeans, white shirt, black biker jacket, and black high tops.

After grabbing her phone and the keys of Jaejoong’s Porsche, she sprinted out of the house.