Lonely

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

Daehyun walked into their lounge. He dropped face first on the comfy couch while the three of his friends played pool.

“What’s up with you?” Sehun asked.

“Nothing…” he murmured.

Kai left the two and also jumped on the couch a few inches away from his best friend’s head. “Dude! Have you seen Yoonmei’s face earlier? She’s hilarious! HAHAHA!!!” he laughed.

Daehyun sat up and side eyed him. “You’re that happy huh?”

“Yes! Wae? Kekeke~” the leader couldn’t stop laughing.

“It’s getting ridiculous man! I think you should stop this already!” he added.

Kai’s face instantly dropped and turned serious. He knows where the conversation is heading for they have had it for a couple of times already. “Not again, Dae! Are you getting soft all over again?”

“I’m not! And you know for a fact that I don’t like what you do to people! It’s not funny, Jongin!” he beckoned.

Sehun and Zelo decided to join them. It was after all turning hostile. “Guys! Guys! Let’s relax, okay?” the youngest said.

“Yeah! Take a chill pill, will ya!” Sehun patted their shoulders.

“Look man!” Kai faced Daehyun. “I just wanted to teach that girl a lesson!”

“Isn’t it enough already? You’ve humiliated her! Turned her into a joke! You even made a story about her and Kris!” he enumerated. “Poor people can take all the that is thrown at them coz they have no other choice but to accept it! Stop Jongin before you regret it!”

Kai laid back with a leg over the other. “Tch! Why would I regret it? I can do what I want! Whenever I want!”

Daehyun turned his back against him and leaned on a cushion. ‘Stubborn fool!’

----------

When class ended, the four boys went separate ways. Zelo to an underground club, Sehun to his mom’s tea shop, Daehyun to have vocal lessons, and Kai went straight home.

It’s that time of the month where his mom pays a visit after a long stay overseas.

His red Lamborghini Aventador roared in their vast driveway. It went around a fountain that stood in front of their mansion and stopped in front of the main entrance. There stood a butler and two maids who greeted him after jumping out of his car. “Annyeong haseyo!”

“Is she here?” he asked.

“Ye master!” the old man replied. “She’s waiting for you in her office!”

After buttoning up his blazer and dusting the shoulders, the two maids opened the two huge wooden doors and Kai walked in. A gold chandelier shined brightly above him. The lobby was filled with either antique or gold decors while the floor was donned in expensive marbled tiles. There was also a large staircase which leads to the second floor.

Kai went into his mother’s office but it was empty. He looked around to check it again but still no signs of her.

As he walked out of the room, a series of crashes came off from the end of the hall. It was where his room was located and he immediately ran. The noise grew louder as he neared and his heart started to race. When he pushed the door wide open, there he saw his mother throwing his Gundam collection into a wall. She was tall, long hair with curls on the end, pale skin, and utterly beautiful. She could even pass as a celebrity or a socialite.

What was once a racing heart, instantly sank into the pits of his stomach. Those toys were given to him as presents by his father who already passed away. Seeing it smashed into pieces was heartbreaking but he couldn’t force himself to hate his mother for it.

“Mom! Nooooo!!!” he rushed and picked up the pieces off the floor.

“What do you mean, no?” she kept trashing the whole shelf of toys. “These robots are too much of a destruction! Just look at your grades! Your dad and I are not stupid, and so is your sister! Is your brain even working, Jongin?” she hurled another piece somewhere.

Kai dropped his toys on the bed and restrain his mother. “Mom! Please! Stop!” he shook her. “I will study harder! Just don’t destroy them! Dad gave them to me!”

“You’re pathetic, Kim Jongin! What are you? 10?” she shoved him. “You better make sure you’ll improve your studies or I will burn all of them!”

On her way out, two dogs came running in. Her path was blocked by Monggu and Jjanggu who was playfully rubbing their heads on her feet. “Get away from me! Filthy dogs!” she suddenly kicked them and slammed the door.

 “NOOOO!!!” Kai ran to his whimpering pets. He kneeled on the floor and cradled both of them. “Miahnae Monggu-ah~ Miahnae Janggu-ah~” he rubbed each of their tummies. “Ignore mom, okay? She’s just tired from work… Aigooo~ Let’s just play instead!”

As Kai enjoy the company of Monggu and Jjanggu, he couldn’t help but look around at his room. It was huge, and very spacious. His king sized bed was not even big enough to use up all the space. There’s a bedside table with a lamp on it, a plasma screen across the room, a sofa, he even has his own bathroom which was also very spacious.

Despite it all, he was still empty and lonely. If not for his dogs and toys, he probably would’ve lost his sanity long ago.

Then his phone rang. “Sup Daehyun…” he sighed.

“Yah! I heard that you’re mom arrived, gwenchana?” Daehyun asked. “Want us to come over?”

Kai stood and started ditching his uniform. “Nah! She’ll go crazy if he sees you guys again. I’ll just go to your house instead! Tell Sehun and Zelo about it!”

“Neh! See you in a bit, bro!”

“Mhmmm! Bye!” they hung up.