One Sweet Night

Me VS F4: Finest Four

 

I'm so sorry about the audio. I just had to include it coz I was spazzing over it the entire day. Hahahaha! You can choose to not play it anyway. Enjoy! Coz I did while writing this chap. I was giddy the entire time! ^^

 

-----------------

A governor's ball is a party thrown by the governor of a state which is extremely classy and composed of only the elite of society. In this one, it is attended by the young members of Hong Kong’s society. Daughters of CEO's, sons of famous celebrities, nephews of noted fashion designers, even grandchildren of politicians.

Yoonmei and Jaejoong dressed the part really well. He looked sharp and sleek in an Armani tuxedo complete with a charming bow tie and channeling his inner James Bond. His hair was appropriately trimmed and gelled for a clean finish. Jaejoong clearly represents his family name with pride and honor.

His sister on the other hand got her hands on a green Balmain mini dress. The stylists fixed her hair into a messy bun, showcasing her well proportioned face and contoured jawline. They finished her look with a black sky high booties.

“Are you ready?” Jaejoong came to her room when she was in front of a tall mirror.

“Yup!” she replied and the stylist handed her a pair of dazzling chandelier earrings. “Thanks!” she said and put it on.

They left her room and went to see the adults who gathered at the living room.

“We’ll go ahead!” Jaejoong announced.

Their mom instantly stood and went to straighten his tie. “Remember what your dad said!”

“Yes mom! Don’t worry… I got this troublemaker under control!” he pushed Yoonmei who faltered a step to the side.

“Yah! Aish!” she faked a punch.

“MeiMei, you’re too pretty to hit people like that!” Luoyong yelled.

“It’s his fault!” she scowled and stomped towards the elevator. “Can we go now? Always a jerk! Pft!”

The mother patted his son’s shoulder. “Go! Before she throws a fit again…” she chuckled and Jaejoong bowed.

-------

A black limousine halted in front of a hotel’s main entrance then a bellboy came to open the door. Jaejoong came out and reached out a hand to Yoonmei. She held onto his arm and after stepping into the extravagant lobby, all eyes immediately went to them. The male attendees were also dapper in a black suit but neither one stood up to Jaejoong’s level. The girls were also eye catching up to a point they became eyesores.

“Do you know who these people are?” she whispered while maintaining elegance and grace.

“Mhmmm!” he grumbled. “And most of them are stuck ups! So watch out…” he whispered back.

“Loud and clear!” she smirked.

Two men in dark suits opened the wooden doors and they walked into the grand ballroom. Everything was in gold and white. The chandeliers, centerpieces, curtains on the side, even the tables and chairs surrounding the dance floor were in gold.

It was almost half filled when they arrived. Yoonmei scanned the room and instantly saw two of her closest friends. “Well… Im’ma see you around bro!” she grinned and moved away.

“Not so fast missy!” Jaejoong held her wrist. “No alcohol! No boys! And most especially, no trouble!” he pointed a finger.

“Dude, don’t worry! I’m a changed person remember?” she batted her eyelashes and was released.

Jaejoong also happened to spot his clique so he moved to a different direction.

“YOONMEI!!!” the girls screamed getting everyone’s attention. Even Jaejoong who was in the far end of the room saw the three hugging and giggling.

“Chloe! Jenny! Oh my God! How are you? I miss you guys so much!” Yoonmei squealed. Chloe is a daughter of an American expat while Lin is a pure blooded Chinese whose father is a powerful politician. They were friends since grade school and it is only them whom Yoonmei trusts the most.

“Awww~ We miss you too, girl!” Chloe pulled away and held her face. “Hey… You’re mom told us after you left, are you okay? Did people hurt you there?”

“Were they mean to you?” Lin added.

“It’s hard but hey… I made it back right?” Yoonmei smiled and hugged them again. “I’m so happy to see you guys!”

“Us too…” they answered and broke apart. “Let’s go! We already have our own table… Let’s continue catching up over there!” Chloe said.

With that, they tugged Yoonmei towards a table just a few meters away from the dance floor. Even when the program already started, the three kept talking about what happened to each of their lives. Of course, it was Yoonmei who talked most of the time since hers proved to be more entertaining.

“F4? That’s so cheesy!” Chloe snorted.

“I know right?” Yoonmei chuckled.

“How do they look?” Lin wondered while wiggling her eyebrows.

“Mmmmm… Normal! I guess…” she snickered.

Chloe just happened to look around when she saw a familiar sight. “HOT DAYUUMMMM! Is that Jaejoong?” she gawked.

Yoonmei turned to her direction and smirked. “That’s him alright!”

“Gosh! Since when did he become so hot and yummy?” her friend ogled.

“Hey! Wipe the drool!” she pushed Chloe’s jaw upwards and laughed.

Little did they know, someone from across the dance floor spotted Yoonmei right when she stepped into the grand ballroom. He was sitting with his friends when he saw her literally glowing. She was so beautiful that he never left his eyes on her.

“Mei!” Lin nodded when she saw him. “6 o’ clock!”

Yoonmei turned, and caught a guy looking straight at her. He was surrounded by a group of guys but he stood out the most. Brown haired, skin as white as porcelain, very attractive and charming.

She immediately turned her back.

Her friends were caught off guard with her reaction. The once feisty girl who never gets intimidated by any guy suddenly turned flustered and shy.

“What happened to you?” Chloe wondered while feeling her forehead. “Are you sick?”

“I’m not! You crazy!” Yoonmei shoved her hand.

“Well…” Lin checked him again. “I haven’t seen him before, but he’s Chinese! That’s for sure!”

Never had they thought that the boring presentation already finished minutes ago. They suddenly looked up when the lights dimmed. “What’s going on?” Chloe asked.

Then a slow music started.

“What the hell? This is so like prom!” Lin remarked making them laugh and slam their hands on the table “HAHAHA!!!”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if someone asks one of you to dance! Pwahahaha!” Yoonmei snickered.

Chloe stopped and snorted. “Not us… But YOU!!! Kekeke~”

Yoonmei's face fell when a palm slowly appeared just beside her cheeks.

“May I have this dance?” a voice softly spoke.

His voice was so angelic that it can sweep any girl including the wild ones. Yoonmei looked at her friends who merely kicked her foot. “GO!” Lin mouthed.

Even when her heart was a jackhammer that rattled in her chest, she looked up to him. It was the same guy whom she caught eyes with.

A warm smile formed on his lips quickly putting her at ease. He was also nervous as hell but chose to hide any of it.

Without leaving each other’s gaze, he escorted her onto the dance floor slowly and smoothly. He clasped her right hand with his left, lifted it slightly, and guided her onto the middle. Staring at him made everyone in the room disappear, and she can't make herself to look away.

As they reached their spot, they shifted their bodies to face each other and he gently took her other hand without breaking the eye contact. He placed them around his neck, making Yoonmei gulp.

His hands made its way on her hips and the hairs at the back of her head stood. It was both electrifying and addicting. Yoonmei can’t explain it but she felt safe.

The song started to flow into their system when they swayed to the beat. He was clearly a good dancer with the way he leads her. He would subtly pull her waist in the direction he wanted to go and he did it with so much care.

Unfortunately, she accidentally stepped on him. “Oh no…” she looked down to his foot. “I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean it…” she murmured.

“It’s okay…” he whispered and smoothly lifted her chin up. “It won’t kill me…” he smiled.

That smile of his became his weapon to get Yoonmei’s attention. She was weakened by it, and left her giving into his charm.

Lucky for him, that simple accident sparked a conversation. “I’m Luhan, by the way…” he said.

“Ermmm… Kim Yoonmei…” she replied with a steady gaze at each other.

Luhan appears to be a very sweet person. He never let his hands wander around while his eyes stayed calm and relaxed. His cologne even smells so good.

Yoonmei suddenly became the envy of every girl floating around the dance floor with partners like lost tumbleweeds.

“Thank you…” he said.

“For what?”

“For saying yes…” he confessed. “I was scared you’ll turn me down… But I can’t miss this once in a lifetime chance, that’s why I had to…”

Yoonmei’s heart soared. It’s either Luhan is a sweet talker or just naturally nice. All her rebellious side and bad attitude came down drain for a single moment.

They got comfortable with each other that she failed to noticed they danced body to body. She only knew after feeling his warm breaths when he started singing softly in her ears. A smile formed on her lips and she tightened her clutch around him almost to a hug.

Her two friends were watching from afar with elbows on the table and jaws on each palm. “Awww~ Aren’t they cute?” Chloe beamed.

“Mhmmm!” Lin agreed. “Oh !” she snapped and pointed at a guy approaching Yoonmei from behind. “Jaejoong!”

“I got this!” Chloe snickered and left her. She sprinted towards Jaejoong and pulled him at the edge of the dance floor.

“Chloe?” Jaejoong scowled.

“Yup! Let’s dance!” she grinned, but he refused and stood frozen. “Oh c’mon Jae! We barely see you around here! Just this once please?”

“Fine! Whatever!” he surrendered so they also danced.