Bicker

Me VS F4: Finest Four

Yoonmei never said a word, not even planning to stop. Her hands curled into fists, turning white as they shook.

“Yah! Yoonmei!” Kris called and ran in front of her. “Hey! Will you stop?”

“WHAT???”  she shouted.

His eyes were solemn, full of tenderness. “Ni hao ma?”

“What???” her eyebrows furrowed.

Kris chuckled and placed both hands on his hips. “Don’t tell me you forgot how to speak Mandarin?”

For whatever reason, her anger and anxiety slowly faded away. Hearing her native tongue felt home. It brought her back when she was in a blissful and warm place, and that simple phrase alone reminded her of how it is to be happy.

She dropped her head and spoke a lot softer. “Ermmm… Wo hen hao…”

Then they conversed in Mandarin.

“Don’t worry, okay? I don’t think they’ll bother you still.” he said.

“Mhmmm!” she murmured.

You’re being way too nice, Kris!’ he told himself. He then poked a finger to her forehead and forced it up. “Hey! Wanna ditch class?”

“Huh?” her eyes bulged. “Ermmm… S-Sure… I’m tired anyway…”

“Let’s go then!” Kris turned and nodded towards the exit.

As they moved further away, F4 came out of hiding, watching them still. Kai couldn’t stop his chest from beating so fast, while Daehyun couldn’t stop his eyes from looking at her.

“Why are they talking in Chinese?” Zelo asked.

“It’s Mandarin! Babo!” Sehun argued.

“It’s the same! Pft!” the youngest scowled.

‘Something tells me those two are closer than you think!’ says the devil in Kai’s head. ‘No! They’re just friends! Why don’t you try being nice to her?’ says the angel. Kai shook them both off and let his instincts take over. ‘I don’t think she’ll even talk to me!’

‘You haven’t even tried yet! Pft!’ the angel reappeared.

“Aish! Molla!” Kai messed his hair and turned around to leave.

“Ehh? What’s up with him?” Sehun gawked at his leader.

“Girl problem! Kekeke~” Zelo snickered and they followed him.

----------

Good thing it was a Friday. Yoonmei won’t have to deal with the entire population of Shinhwa High for the next two days.

It’s freedom all over again. No school, no homework, no bullying, peace at last.

But old habits die hard. Her feet were itching for a favorite past time…clubbing.

She was in her room when she suddenly crawled to her closet and rummaged anything that is party worthy. Not a single dress was present, not even a decent top. Her mother made sure she can’t go anywhere than school and home. ‘Nice try mom!’ she smirked.

Yoonmei spotted a cropped denim shorts and a black see-through top. She then slipped onto her one and only pair of black platform wedges, and tied her hair into a bun. ‘This will do for now! Wait ‘til Balenciaga comes back to me!’ After checking herself in front of a tall mirror, she grabbed her phone and some cash, and went out the window.

It officially marks her first night out in Seoul. Yoonmei bravely took a cab and told the driver to take her where it’s busy. With that in mind, he took her to Hongdae, famous for its urban arts and indie music culture, clubs and entertainments.

She roamed around to take in the sights. People came in different directions, couples, groups of friends, hippies, teenagers, every generation was in attendance. There were food stalls on the side of the street, bboys performing in a corner, musicians every other block.

When her feet started to throb, Yoonmei decided to hit one of the clubs. She has no intentions of drinking since her money was just enough for a cab home. All she needed was to take a seat and observe the scene.

The place she chose was a typical one. Dim, neon and strobe lights illuminated the walls, spotlights hovered randomly, smell of smoke and alcohol filled the air. Deafening howls and booming music vibrated through the roof and it was very chaotic. Hips grinding, couples kissing, half men on the bar holding bottles and spilling them to anyone who opens their mouth at him. ‘Dang! People here are wild!’ she chuckled and decided to leave.

With all the darkness and chaos, someone spotted her leaving with his eagle eyes. “Woah! Woah! Is that Yoonmei?” Sehun stood. F4 was in the VIP lounge on the second floor where they can see anyone who comes in and out.

Zelo also stood and saw her. The height and figure alone was already a giveaway. “It is her!”

“MWOH???” Kai stood and so did Daehyun.

“!” Zelo scrambled down and pushed anyone in front of him. The three followed him without even knowing why.

As soon as they stepped out of the club, their heads move trying to search the area. Yoonmei had already gained distance. “There!” Sehun pointed with his mouth.

They instantly ran and caught up with her.

Zelo ran in front and waved, with a grin on his face. “Hi!”

“You have got to be kidding me, right?” she blankly stared at him.

Then Sehun stood beside him. “Hi!” was all he can say.

“Double !” she turned, and there stood Kai and Daehyun, stunned and emotionless. They stared at her from top to bottom and their jaws dropped to the ground. It was the first time seeing her almost given her top and skimpy shorts.

“JUST GREAT!” she instantly looked back where she came from, and squeezed in between Sehun and Zelo. She hurriedly walked down the crowded street while hugging herself to hide anything that is revealed. ‘Aish! Of all the nights! Why now? Waaeeee???’

“Yah! Yoonmei!” Zelo jogged to follow her. The three behind them kept a normal pace fearing for their lives as she might unleash her fist again.

“Get away from me!” she hissed.

“Ten bucks, Junhong will go home with a black eye tonight!” Sehun whispered to Daehyun.

“Call!” they shook hands.

Yoonmei frantically scoured the area and spotted a stall that sells clothes. She snatched a biker jacket on display and placed her remaining cash on a shelf. She quickly wore it and zipped it up.

After mustering all the bravery and confidence,  Zelo ran in front of her once again. “Please! Stop!” he panted. “I mean you no harm!”

“Should I be happy about it?” she pushed him aside.

He unknowingly grabbed her wrist and pulled her hard that she landed on his chest. His arms ended up around her back and his face turned pale in shock.

She was also left stunned and staring back at him with rounded eyes, and hands on his toned chest.

“Yah… Yah… YAH! CHOI JUNHONG!” Kai snapped.

With that, they broke apart. Yoonmei pushed him and quickly turned, while Zelo stared at his shaking hands, not knowing what to do.

“Yah! AISH!” the leader punched his arm.

“D-Dude…” Zelo stuttered. “She’s so soft…and squishy… Uwwaaaa~”

“What the hell?” Kai hissed.

While the two argued, Yoonmei kept walking and shaking her hands. She was in the verge of hyperventilating when her heart rate sped up. ‘Chill Mei! Breathe!’ then a loud yelp escaped .

“!!!” Daehyun shoved his bickering friends and ran to her.

Yoonmei’s wedge got stuck on the pavement and tripped. She fell on her side, twisting her ankle. “URRGGHHH!!!” she groaned.

“Hey! Hey!” Daehyun kneeled. “Relax! Don’t move!” then he touched her ankle.

She instantly curled towards him, writhing in pain. “AHHHH!”

The three also ran to them. Zelo and Sehun crouched to watch while Kai started to panic. “Dude! I think we should take her to the hospital!”

Daehyun carefully removed her shoe and her ankle.

She suddenly grabbed his jacket and gripped onto it. “No! Not the hospital! OOWWWW!!!”

“We’ll take you to the hospital! Gaja!” he attempted to carry her but she held him down.

“NO! Don’t! Just help me up! I need to go home!” she said.

Kai snapped again. “What do you mean go home?” Are you crazy? NO! We’re taking you to the hospital whether you like it or not!”

Yoonmei snatched her shoe and hurled it to his foot. “Try it! And I’ll shove my other shoe up your mouth!”

“Yah! How can you still be violent when you can hardly even walk? AISH! You’re unbelievable!” he yelled.

She shot him a glare. “I have my means!” then turned to Daehyun with a calmer tone. “I really can’t let you guys take me to the hospital! My grandfather will kill all of you…”

“Fine…” he sighed and held her arms. “Ready? I’ll pull you up, okay?" she nodded.

Daehyun tenderly held her until she managed to stand on one foot. He also dusted her legs from all the dirt and fixed her jacket. “I hope you’ll let us take you home. You won’t make it in this condition, y’know?!” he said.

“Yeah! He’s right!” Kai interrupted.

Yoonmei ignored him and only talked to Daehyun. “Nah… No need for that!” she took her phone out and scribbled on the screen.

Kai looked up while pinching the bridge of his nose. “Yaaaaaaa…. This girl is driving me crazy!”

Then she hid her phone back. “Someone will be here to pick me up…” she smiled. “Thanks by the way...”

“No problem!” Daehyun ruffled her hair, making Kai raise an eyebrow. “How are you feeling?”

“Okay, I guess…” she lied when in fact, her foot was already being set on fire.

Sehun went to get the shoe she threw at Kai and gave it to her.

“Thanks~” she shyly bowed her head. “But this doesn’t change anything, I still hate you guys!”

“MWOH??? WAE???” F4 protested.

“I just want to!” she stuck her tongue to them.

“Uwaaaaa~ You truly are the world’s biggest !” Kai slowly clapped. Then her shoe went flying back to his chest. “Aish! This girl!” he shouted.

Sehun also went to get it and gave it back to her.

“YAH! I’m your friend and your leader! How could you even give that back to her?! Can’t you see she’s a freaking shoe cannon?” Kai protested.

“Oh! My bad!” Sehun snickered.

Before the fight got worse, a white Maserati came to sight. Yoonmei took the other shoe off and decided to go barefoot. It stopped on the side of the road, and she immediately grabbed her wedges. “I gotta go! Thanks Daehyun!” she limped towards the car.

The boys grew curious at the driver. But since it was heavily tinted, they never saw who it was as it sped off.

“Nice ride! Wonder who it is?” Zelo rubbed his chin.

“Probably her boyfriend!” Sehun blurted and gasped when a theory hit him. “A rich boyfriend maybe?”

“There you go again, Sehun!” Daehyun shook his head and turned around.

Kai followed and ran to his side. “Do you think Yoonmei has a boyfriend? She’s poor, so her family can never afford that car! It must be a boyfriend, right?”

“I dunno…” his best friend shrugged and continued walking.

“Yah! Jung Daehyun!” Kai called. “AISH!”

----------

“We’re going to the hospital, MeiMei!” Jaejoong scolded while driving.

“But Jaaeeeee! Grandpa will get worried!” she protested.

“I’ll talk to him then!” he reached out to her head. “Don’t worry, okay? What’s important right now is to have you treated! Harabeoji will understand for sure!”

“But he will kill me…” she pouted.

“It’s your fault anyway!” he knocked her head. “You should’ve called me in the first place!”

Yoonmei sat defeated and in pain.

“By the way!” Jaejoong spoke. “I want you to stay away from those boys! You understand?”

“Tch! Don’t worry! I’m not a masochist!” she chuckled.