Chapter 81.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 29/12/12


(Your POV)

One day , you decided to clarify it. Knowing sooner or later you had to do it. Nichkhun, Wooyoung, Suzy, Fei and Sohee knew about it and they tried to comfort you already. Which worked. The rest of EXO tried their best to cheered you up, especially Kris. For the first time he's being goofy all around you. At one of the variety shows , you first performed your new single "With or Without you".
Which people thought it was for Taemin . But actually it was for your bestfriend , but actually thinking about it. And the lyrics, it actually suited for Taemin .
"You'd never take the time to call . You'd never take the time to realize.
 Well I hope you realize this now, because the love we had is gone ."
 
Then the  MC's started to ask you about Taemin .
 
(Taemin's POV)
I switched on the TV , it's been months since we broke up. People kept asking me what happened, but I honestly, I don't know. I cried , a lot. I cried so much I didn't know it was possible to cry anymore.
But , it was true. The spark we had was , no longer there . Probably , I didn't hold onto her because I felt , that I've been putting her under so much pain. That the only right thing I should do is let her go .
 
Just then I flipped through the channels and it was ______ on a celebrity talk show. She performed a part of her new single. Which was about a break up. I could feel like it was for me, which , again I shed a tear just listening to it . I muted it the moment she started singing. Because I know if I listen to it , I'd shed a tear again. Just as she stopped singing I unmute it.
 
The MC's started to ask her questions, questions about me and her .
MC : So , you and Taemin broke up?
______ : Nae . 
MC : What happens to you two now ?
______ : We're still friends. Eventhough we can't be there for each other as a couple, we're here for each other as friends.
 
Which was true, because I talk to her every now and then to tell her how things were going. And it seems like, maybe she found another guy. I should be happy for her. But honestly ? I'm not.
 
Then the MC told ______ to give a video message to me. which ,*Flashback*

 Just then they asked her to give a video message to me. She looked towards the camera and said ,

"Oppa , if you're watching this in Japan , just know that you have nothing to worry about. Worry about yourself and your health arraso ? Saranghae "
The audience cheered and so did the hyungs around me.
*Flashback over*

I shook my head and told myself, she's gone. She's not coming back for you. She doesn't feel anything for you anymore. Give it a rest. She looked to the camera and said ,

"Oppa , if you're watching this, I hope you're healthy and doing well in Japan. Take care ". I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek and I wiped it off with the back of my hand. I switched off the TV and walked into my room staring at my phone. It was still the picture of her, and the pictures I had with her was still in my phone. Whenever I tried to delete them, I'd end up staring at it and memories would flood through my mind. I would punch the wall hard until my hand would hurt. I did that in hopes I could feel more pain in my hands than my heart. But it would never work .


(Your POV)

You were having a day off and you were chilling in your room. You took out your laptop to just tweet some random things to let your fans know you were feeling a lot better and you're trying your best to be happy. You uploaded a selca of yourself showing your tongue playfully. Kris came into your room and you took a photo with him and uploaded it on twitter with the caption ,

" Kris oppa is good at making people laugh , maybe he should go into Gag Concert! ^^ "

He kept you company in your room, making jokes and trying to make you laugh. Slowly you two got a lot more closer. Just then you got a call from SM .

You : Yoboseyo ?
SM : How would you like to promote your album in Japan and do a Japan version of your album ?
You : Eh ?
SM : Do you want to leave to Japan ? Just for a few days, maybe see how it's like there.
You : Oh ? Oh .. I guess it could be something worth experiencing .
SM : Pack up then , a flight will take you there tomorrow .

 


You reached Japan and you were living in a hotel. Not too fancy but something comfortable. You called Minho to stayed over with you for the time being. Which he agreed. He showed you around Japan and tried to each you a little of Japanese. Onew , Key and Jonghyun came to your hotel room and talked like old times again except for Taemin.

You texted him, since you were here in Japan .

To : Taemin .
From : _____ . 
"Oppa , I'm here in Japan . ^^ "

Within seconds he replied to you , 

To : ______ . 
From : Taemin .
" Bwo ? Chincha ? "

You looked at Minho and he came to you and read what you texted Taemin and what he replied. You said to him, "Shall I meet up with him ?"

Minho : I don't know , it's up to you. 
You : Do you think it's a good idea ?
Minho : If you think it is , go for it .

You replied to Taemin "Let's meet up for coffee ?"

He replied you with a simple "O.k. " along with the details of where to meet up.
 


Today was your 2nd year anniversary if you were still with Taemin. Which of course , why were you still counting the days anyway ? You got dressed and find that Minho is still sleeping. Tomorrow was the day you were leaving back to Korea. You went to Minho and sat by him on the bed. You pat him on the head and he slowly opened his eyes.

Minho : Oh ? You're leaving now .. ?
You : Nae . 
Minho : Do you still think it's a good idea ?
You : I guess .. I'll just try again. Sooner or later I'll have to face him anyway.
Minho : Oh well , as long as you're sure. 
You : I'll be back before 4.00 p.m. 
Minho : Take care .


You didn't know much Japanese , because you just learnt the language for the few days you were here. But it was enough to converse with the people around here. You told the taxi driver to drive to a cafe and you paid him money and got out of the taxi. You entered the cafe and see Taemin sitting by one of the tables by the window. You took a deep breath and dragged yourself towards the table. His eyes widen and he got up the moment he saw you. He hugged you but it was a friendly hug. He sat back down in front of you and you sat down.

The two of you talked casually over some coffee. After that was done, he asked you "So .. where do you want to go?"

*Flashback*
Day by day , you kept talking to Taemin , he showed you around Japan with recording with his phone.He was nearby a beach.
*Flashback over*

You took out your phone and showed him the snapshot you took during the call. You showed him and said "Here, I want to go here." 

Taemin : That beach ?
You : Yes .

Taemin nodded his head and the two of you walked to the beach. Considering it isn't that far. When you reached the beach , the two of you sat on the sand. In front of the ocean . It was silent , and quiet. No one dared to say anything .

"Happy 2nd Year anniversary" you murmured .

Taemin : What ?
You : I said .. happy 2nd year anniversary .
Taemin : We're not together . 
You : I know .. we're not. It's for , if we were together .

(Taemin's POV)
Just then I hear her say " what would it be like ,if we two tried harder ?"

I didn't know what came over me but I told her "Stop ." She was stunned and startled. But she kept quiet. I got up and walked away. I didn't know where I  was walking to , but it was definitely away from her.

I couldn't take it . I couldn't handle the words she was saying. For some reason tears start to fill my eyes.